British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OveFundinFan

Emil Sayfutdinov 2015

So if he has decided to do the qualifying rounds that means the earliest on the GP scene will be 2016 and that is not a certainty ie he has to keep injury free.

Its not as if he can have a single GP wild card as GP's dont go to Russia.

If I could I would give him the 2015 Cardiff wild card (cause I am going but I know it can't happen) but that will already have a name on it :wink:

Edited by OveFundinFan

So if he has decided to do the qualifying rounds that means the earliest on the GP scene will be 2016 and that is not a certainty ie he has to keep injury free.

Its not as if he can have a single GP wild card as GP's dont go to Russia.

If I could I would give him the 2015 Cardiff wild card (cause I am going but I know it can't happen) but that will already have a name on it :wink:

Will it? And who would that be, pray tell? A Russian wild card for the Cardiff BRITISH GP. Really?

Will it? And who would that be, pray tell? A Russian wild card for the Cardiff BRITISH GP. Really?

I think it's another dig at Bomber.

Niamh

Dave the Mic, I said re Emil....

If I could I would give him the 2015 Cardiff wild card (cause I am going but I know it can't happen) but that will already have a name on it

and yes, if the powers that be want more then 1 GB rider at Cardiff then the obvious choice is go for the current 2nd best rider in GB and that isChris Harris, nuch as it pains me.

tbh, and don't take this as a dig Phil,I don't think the article adds anything that's not already in the public domain.

Emil predictably denies it is anything to do with the Onesport situation, and says it is due to financial issues from the 250kE owed to him from last year, preventing him from being able to be fully committed to the GPs.

It doesn't explain why he is happy to ride in SEC but not GPs, when the money I understand is no better.

seems the people who as far as I know have kept their financial commitments, namely BSI and his sponsors Red Bull, are being disadvantaged because of his Polish club not having paid him. I can understand other factors such as injury and the death of his father genuinely dampening his enthusiasm.

Hope he changes his mind, or a cynic would suggest his Torun bosses change theirs(?), and he is back in the GPs next year. My favourite current rider, don't think there is a speedway fan who wouldn't love to see him battling the likes of Ward and Tai for the title next year

Love to see him in the GPs next year, but the little I have seen of him this year seems to show he is not riding at the level he was for the first half of last year.

I just wonder if that crash that took him out is playing a major part of his lost of form, or is he earning so much money this year that he doesnt need to be showing top form ?

tbh, and don't take this as a dig Phil,I don't think the article adds anything that's not already in the public domain.

Emil predictably denies it is anything to do with the Onesport situation, and says it is due to financial issues from the 250kE owed to him from last year, preventing him from being able to be fully committed to the GPs.

It doesn't explain why he is happy to ride in SEC but not GPs, when the money I understand is no better.

seems the people who as far as I know have kept their financial commitments, namely BSI and his sponsors Red Bull, are being disadvantaged because of his Polish club not having paid him. I can understand other factors such as injury and the death of his father genuinely dampening his enthusiasm.

Hope he changes his mind, or a cynic would suggest his Torun bosses change theirs(?), and he is back in the GPs next year. My favourite current rider, don't think there is a speedway fan who wouldn't love to see him battling the likes of Ward and Tai for the title next year

AGREE there was nothing that we didn't know... however this was the first time that the words came from Emil and not through a third party, which was what he wanted to do.

Love to see him in the GPs next year, but the little I have seen of him this year seems to show he is not riding at the level he was for the first half of last year.

I just wonder if that crash that took him out is playing a major part of his lost of form, or is he earning so much money this year that he doesnt need to be showing top form ?

HE'S still far from fully fit... and however much he is earning this season there remains a massive hole to be filled from not getting what he is owed by Czestochowa so he remains considerably out of pocket.

I read on Tai's twitter that ES had donated his points money from Tuesday to the GOSH fund so a top bloke too.

• Like 2

Havent read the article yet BUT would agree with waihekeaces1 for the most part. It's been a decent series so far this year but no Emil and to a lesser extent no Gollob has lessened it & I hope Emil's back sooner rather then later.

Emil wants to be able to compete at the top level in the GPs. He needs substantial funding to do that.

Competing in the SEC doesn't require him to be at his best so he can get by with what he's got - however much out of pocket he is!!

Emil wants to be able to compete at the top level in the GPs. He needs substantial funding to do that.

Competing in the SEC doesn't require him to be at his best so he can get by with what he's got - however much out of pocket he is!!

CORRECT and, of course, there are only four rounds and not 12. What I really wanted to hear from his own lips was that he still wants to be World Champion and he was quite emphatic about that.

• Like 1

Havent read the article yet BUT would agree with waihekeaces1 for the most part. It's been a decent series so far this year but no Emil and to a lesser extent no Gollob has lessened it & I hope Emil's back sooner rather then later.

Emil is missed. But Gollob? He was pants last year for most of the year and has got worse this season. Did you see the last SEC meeting? Mind you, Harris is not exactly setting the GPs on fire, so maybe we do need Gollob back :D

Emil is missed. But Gollob? He was pants last year for most of the year and has got worse this season. Did you see the last SEC meeting? Mind you, Harris is not exactly setting the GPs on fire, so maybe we do need Gollob back :D

THINK you are right... Gollob's race is finally run. But, personally, no other rider provided so many great moments in the SGP. Will be as tough to replace as was (is) Tony Rickardsson and will Greg Hancock.

I really hope that Emil comes back into the series ASAP. I made a few trips to see him when he was over to ride for Coventry and the gates were surely boosted by his appearances even if he wasn't at his best. I honestly believe that with the skill and excitement added to his nationality he brings something we have rarely seen since Penhall. I really believe he could become the poster boy for Speedway in such a way that no other current rider can be. As good as Tai and Darcy are they just cannot match Emil's charisma.

Although i can't believe the calls for Hancock to step down because his way of winning is boring i do think the current top fifteen has gone a little stale

Shame the boy has been shafted in Poland i just wish the EL would see the sense in going for a proper squad system enabling the return of the likes of Emil and Nicki rather than the idea of a single day of EL racing here that simply wouldn't work. Tai may think its a great idea but there is simply no understanding of the average fan who goes to speedway multiple times in a week to watch the sport they love.

Great that Speedway Star got an interview i just wish that during the closed season similar big names including promoters etc were approached to do a question and answer article with the questions being generated by the fans who are not all idiots as seems to be the current view