British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OveFundinFan

Emil Sayfutdinov 2015

Its what Phillip Rising posted recently - so as official as it gets at the moment.

Interesting.......

Interesting.......

Must admit, despite my moan earlier. I could be tempted out to Aus to watch a GP in October :D

Must admit, despite my moan earlier. I could be tempted out to Aus to watch a GP in October :D

That's what I was thinking ;)

• Like 1

Its what Phillip Rising posted recently - so as official as it gets at the moment.

I DIDN'T say it was signed and sealed ... talks continuing but at an advanced stage and those who came from Melbourne to Cardiff went back home suitably impressed.

Ditto!

Will have to try to convince my boss that I need to conduct some training for my Aussie collleagues october next year.

Edit: so Melbourne not sydney? Brother has just moved to Melbourne so thay could be ideal.

Edited by waihekeaces1

THINK you are right... Gollob's race is finally run. But, personally, no other rider provided so many great moments in the SGP. Will be as tough to replace as was (is) Tony Rickardsson and will Greg Hancock.

Disagree on Greg being hard to replace He is points consistent, but does he set GPs alight? No, sorry he doesn't do that.

Edited by TheReturn

Disagree on Greg being hard to replace He is points consistent, but does he set GPs alight? No, sorry he doesn't do that.

MAYBE not for you but certainly for thousands of others ... as we saw at Cardiff this year.

Harsh on Greg i do believe the allround package he brings to SGP would be missed...the uber proffesionalism of his offtrack set up and the good image he portrays to the public plus the ongoing story of the ageless timeless individual he is...they cant all be Darky Wards you need allsorts to make the speedway world go round and what Gregs lacks in ontrack excitement (hardly his fault) he makes up for in other aspects...he's colourful smiley and a sponsors dream plus someone the younger riders strive to emulate...he's Uncle Greg for heavens sake...get real some of you

• Like 2

Just to redress the balance, I like Greg Hancock, he's a superb rider. He must be the best ever for his age, and hes' been a cash cow in the GP's for ages.I don't find him "boring" at all.

• Like 1

Lets face it - all riders would love to be able to gate like Greg Hancock. Current youngsters on the gp scene are even getting lessons/advice from other successful gaters on how to do it on a regular basis - and still dont get it right all the time. Its an acquired art, and because Greg has taken the time and effort to perfect that art , to me, he is deserving of praise.

As for his riding skill, again what he does is smooth and skilful. Sure his arms and legs are waving about like they dont belong to a body, but he wins races and got the off track charisma to make him a very saleable commodity.

The reason he probably cant pass from the back as esily as others is probably due to the fact he is usually up front and doesnt get too much practice being behind others. lol

Yes, I have no doubt he will be missed when he eventually hangs up the leathers. But at the moment he is still top of his game so probably another couple years yet - who knows. Could he get to 50 and still be at the top? Hope so.

But we are a long way off "Emil Sayfutdinov 2015"

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 1

You have to remember Greg was a bit Haremscarum over here in the early days though probably not as much as Billy the Bullet. Greg may appear to be a boring gater to many but it's years of hard slog that have got him to a position where he can get people pissed off with his entertainment value.

• Like 1

Hope Emil gets a wild card next year if he wants to be back in the GP's. Looks like he's finally getting back to somewhere where he was as a rider a couple of years ago again now and I'd much rather see riders of his ability in the GP's all season than the likes of Harris!

• Like 1

ytsejam - I would like Emil to get a wild card for next years GP's, but have you read Phil Risings post after he interviewed Emil. Apparantly Emil does not want a wild card, he wants to qualify, so that means he cant be in until 2016 at the earliest.

Sure I read somewhere that Emil will do the qualifiers next season.Earliiest back in GPs 2016.Gutted have to wait that long as he is class.

Sure I read somewhere that Emil will do the qualifiers next season.Earliiest back in GPs 2016.Gutted have to wait that long as he is class.

Hopefully as a Poole fan, you won't have to wait that long to see him race!!!? :shock::wink: