British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
skoobie

Thoughts On Your Team So Far

For Workington

1 - josh g = been excellent value and a genuine number 1 we've been missing for a few year. Would 100% been in my team for next season.

2 - Kyle Howarth = seems like we've hardly seen him race this year due to injury, still think there's improvement to come.

3 - Rene Bach = mr inconsistent, when he's good he can be excellent then in the next meeting can be very average, seems to struggle on away tracks. If only we could get then rene Bach that was at Newcastle before that horrible crash, in my opinion he was the best rider in the league at that time.

4 - Mason Campton = so much hype was made all last season when he had visa problems and didnt arrive, he did arrive this season but unfortunately has been average at best, wouldn't be on my list for next season.

5 - Ricky Wells = the weak link in our team this season, he should of been dropped long ago, 100% would not want back this season.

6 - Ashley Morris = started the season as he finished the last, no better no worse, think he has found his level now, again wouldn't be in my team next year.

7 - Simon Lambert = has proved to be an excellent signing on a low average, has scored points & entertained since he joined up with us, would start as one of my reserves next season.

The Witches

So much promise , so little delivered for me im afraid .

Richie Worrall , gone backwards from last year's excellent season and hasn't been the true no1 I had hoped for ( better of late ) . Only my opinion though

Ritchie Hawkins , kicked on well this year and was always going to be good value when he started in a reserve position .

Morten Risager , certainly a decent season so far upping his average , a solid main team rider usually good for a reasonable few points .

Gino Mandates , the Witches signing of the season , very solid at home but still learning how to ride and what setups are required for some away venues .

Rohan Tungate , a tad disappointed he's not improved his average , I think he may have reached his level in the PL . Great when he gates but never seems to pass anyone when he doesn't .

Cameron Heeps , a huge disappointment this year , lost over 2pts on last years ave . Occasional decent ride but overall a very poor season .

Adam Ellis , arrived with a real racer reputation , not delivered , stayed about the same as last season , no improvement . Again disappointing .

So overall , a team with so much potential has not really produced the goods , been incredibly inconsistent and may just about make the playoffs .

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

Kevin Wolbert - you're having a laugh

Theo Pijper - excellent at home , hit and miss away

Rusty Harrison - see above

Anders Thomsen - wildly inconsistant , but making progress

Dimitri Berge - What a prospect , had a long injury , but going to be a top rider

Kasper Lykke - worst gater i've ever saw in my life , but what a trier

Viktor Palovaara - i wont upset Coalman again , just to say - baffling signing

• Like 2

Bears

Lawson - Plenty of rumours about him being unhappy behind the scenes and, if those are to be believed, he has probably done as well as can be expected.

Skidmore - Very, very solid and has probably improved his passing ability this year. Probably underrated by many.

Wilko - Entertainer. Sometimes goes too hard and messes up when it's better to sit and take a second or third but I suppose that's what makes him good to watch as when those moves do come off they are exciting. Done what I expected at the beginning of the season.

Lemon - Looks quite slow when out in front. Nothing more than an ok second string these days.

Summers - Not changed too much from last season other than maybe winning 1 or 2 more of the big races.

Graversen - Solid reserve. Can be a match winner but we don't benefit from him at reserve when he's only making up for the 1 or 2 we carry.

Konopka - Tries so hard and over the last couple of weeks has probably deserved more points than he has been paid for. Needs to sort out his gating.

Berwick

1.Kevin D - Fans favourite, like in 2002 has been a dissapointment

2. David B - Having more poor meetings than good ones this year

3. Matty W - Steady in a much better side

4. Matej - I have been impressed would retain next year

5. Claus V - Has done very well I suspect there will be a few clubs in for Vissing next year hope we retain him

6. Liam C - Not PL level just yet

7. Steen J Picked up his form maybe not a superstar but in a great asset to have in the trunk of the side

Workington.

1. Josh. Been the stand out this year, not an out and out No1 but the best we've got by a country mile!!

2. Mason. Decidedly average at best this year, not delivered the performances expected, shame, could easily do better.

3. Rene. Good on his day but think we've seen the best of him, heard a rumour he's not happy so could explain it.

4. Kyle. Too hit and miss, tries too hard and messes up too often, needs to settle down a bit, injury blighted lately.

5. Ricky. Biggest under achiever this season, hasn't delivered the scores expected, dont expect he'll be back.

6. Ashley. No improvement this year think he's reached his level, current injury is a worry for the future.

7. Simon. Best signing mid season we've done in years, definitely worth a run next year.

Best scenario for me is top and tail with 5 other places up for grabs?

Edinburgh

Cookie - Slightly underachieved this year but has more back up this time so can have 'off' nights

Sedgmen - Hitting the level we knew he could when announced and very fast/smooth round the dale, still the odd bad away meet.

Fricke - Continues to improve and impress where ever he goes

Worrall - Star of the monarchs this year, not fazed by moving up into team and still scoring well.

Masters - Slow start to season but seems to have gotten hang of dale now and picking up vital points away

Fox - Good scorer at home but struggles on away tracks, impressed how hard he works behind the scenes to improve

Sneddon - Disapointing this year, fantastic captain but could be the weak link in team come play-offs.

Looking far ahead id like to keep Fricke, Masters, Worrall, Sedgmen and Fox for next year with Cookie (hopefully) moving to better things abroad and Sneddon not included (unless average low enough).

Cant really have to many complaints on how season has turned out so far :t:

Monarchs:

1. Cook - Just about carried on from last season, not as dominant as last year, but not relied on as much for those points.

2. Sedgmen - Really proved himself to me this season. Can be inconsistent away from home, but brilliant to watch at the dale'. Would have back next year.

3. Fricke - Settled into the HL role I thought he would struggle in. Some low scores dotted about, but matured brilliantly. First name on the team sheet for next year hopefully.

4. Worrall - Bargain average of the season! Levelled out now he's +7.00, but still a manageable average for him home & away every week. Solid scorer. Possibility for next season.

5. Masters - Was more predominant on away tracks at the start, but finally sorted his Dale' gear out & now is flying! More of the same and would also have him back next year!

6. Fox - Done what's expected of him at home recently, won some important heats & showed his talent. Struggling on away circuits as he's seeing them for the first time, but overall on a good average for next season!

7. Sneddon - Dome his job this year, but can always throw in a disappointing ride. Needs to kick on at reserve but I can't see the same scoring power as Worrall/Sedgmen.

Not unhappy with the Ipswich team, but not happy with the people that run it, never trying to improve it. It's a great team on paper.

newcastle- poor season will be lucky to make the playoffs, mainly because the change with kingy coming in didnt work as the lambert move was blocked, both riders had to be signed or none imo, we were probably stronger with the starting lineup than the current one.

robo - good solid season , but not the no.1 he was, good 2nd /3rd heatleader , massive influence on helping others in the pits - keep

kingy - good signing but not on that average, not as dominant as most thought he would be, but solid 8 pointer - keep

ludvig - mega inconsistant world beater one minute terrible the next, he needs a dickie juul in the pits to help him with bike setup imo, - gone

lewi kerr - poor start of season but good 3rd heatleader one for the future - keep

lewi rose - great potential, rider for the future - must keep

millsy - great reserve guaranteed to score points and occasionally big points at home - keep

nielsen - lots of potential for future - keep

henry - solid mid order man was unlucky to go, would have him back next year

rosen - lots of potential would be a no1 in a couple of years if given the time to learn the tracks etc , shame it didnt happen, would have him back next year but as a 2nd / 3rd heatleader not a no.1

That the Promotion at Redcar have got it horribly wrong with Konopka.

Why is he still in the team.

Back in 2012 Robert Branford was dropped, after a handful of meetings. Robert was a much better rider than Konopka.

Bin Konopka and give young James Sarjeant a go. Season is over so give a young Brit a chance instead of a totally sub-standard Pole.

Workington.

1. Josh. Been the stand out this year, not an out and out No1 but the best we've got by a country mile!!

2. Mason. Decidedly average at best this year, not delivered the performances expected, shame, could easily do better.

3. Rene. Good on his day but think we've seen the best of him, heard a rumour he's not happy so could explain it.

4. Kyle. Too hit and miss, tries too hard and messes up too often, needs to settle down a bit, injury blighted lately.

5. Ricky. Biggest under achiever this season, hasn't delivered the scores expected, dont expect he'll be back.

6. Ashley. No improvement this year think he's reached his level, current injury is a worry for the future.

7. Simon. Best signing mid season we've done in years, definitely worth a run next year.

Best scenario for me is top and tail with 5 other places up for grabs?

Blimey, your hard to please, what exactly is an out and out number 1 then? He's been averaging just under 10!

Cookie - started the season on fire and is still the best rider in the league. Form dipped a tiny bit recently but wouldn't change him for anyone else

Justin - extremely fast when out in front and has really bolstered the team. Sometimes finds it difficult to come from behind but solid scoring and a steal on his average

Max- taking another step forward again this season and at times has really shown maturity well beyond his years. Crash in Scottish open has put him back half a yard but I fully expect him to kick on big time and take us to trophies

Stevie - the main reason for our phenomenal start to the season, best 3.00 signing for monarchs ever. in the main body of the team is still scoring well. Lightning starter and likely rider of the year, not bad in this company

Sam - started to see the real Sam masters recently, extremely powerful and determined rider. Even when he struggled at home early on he still won us away matches. Will be key in upcoming play offs especially at Somerset.

Aaron - slow burner who has shown in fits and starts what he is capable of. A couple of injuries at the wrong time has held him back. Could make the difference

Deek - a bit of an enigma, great starter at times but dropped loads of points. Should be doing much better at reserve but cannot fault his effort.

Blimey, your hard to please, what exactly is an out and out number 1 then? He's been averaging just under 10!

Over the "course of the season" he has managed to up his average to just over 9 from a start point of just under 8.5, try to keep your comments in perspective?

As for an out and out No1 it's just a terminology but if you want an example then look at Stoney, he was an out and out No1, the spearhead of every Comets team he was ever in!!

I'm prepared to wait another 8 days or so for your next reply? ;)

Edited by Lord Lucan