British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Lakeside Hammers 13/8/2014

One more than Johnson which is the point.

Still we ALL know (that includes all the vocal Poole supporters you are slating by the way) your lot and the BSPA cheated again to get an extra point - you must be proud.

Mon the Stars.

Understand most of what you are saying but the first sentence is wrong.

Compton got his point when Lawson failed to leave the starting line.

Still we ALL know (that includes all the vocal Poole supporters you are slating by the way) your lot and the BSPA cheated again to get an extra point - you must be proud.

Mon the Stars.[/quote

Most points benji gets is because of retirements he is no better than johnson. Would rather have a local lad in the team.

• Like 1

Wow so many blinkered fans on here. The issue here is the change of rules. remember that rules are actually set and governed by BSPA board and in terms of positions in the Fast track by Phil Morris. There does need to be clarity on what happened. The usual nonsense is now being quoted as its cheating etc etc, however Poole complied with the rules. The question is why did the BSPA change them and how does Phil Morris come up with the fast track listing each month.

That said I would have liked the BSPA to have been able to save my Brummies team if they could too!

I think you mean 1 blinkered fan.

• Like 1

Mon the Stars.

The anti Poole posts you and Gavan turn out are pathetic, again there is a very sad number of posters on this forum who have one agenda and that is to slate evryting conected with Poole Speedway..

Where is your or anyone else's proof that Poole have cheated regarding the signing of Benji Compton?

Wow so many blinkered fans on here. The issue here is the change of rules. remember that rules are actually set and governed by BSPA board and in terms of positions in the Fast track by Phil Morris. There does need to be clarity on what happened. The usual nonsense is now being quoted as its cheating etc etc, however Poole complied with the rules. The question is why did the BSPA change them and how does Phil Morris come up with the fast track listing each month.

That said I would have liked the BSPA to have been able to save my Brummies team if they could too!

Ah well thats OK then. It wasn't Poole that changed the rules and screwed everyone over so lets just accept it. A rule was changed that only effected one club, thats not fair.

Understand most of what you are saying

So i take it unlike the blinkered 2 fans you see the bigger picture of why this was a senseless move that needed no manouvering of the rules in the first place?

Mon the Stars.[/quote

Most points benji gets is because of retirements he is no better than johnson. Would rather have a local lad in the team.

So like i said above, i guess you will be as puzzled as the rest of us (excluding Starman 2006 & Red Panda) why the rules were changed and why the need to bring Compton in.

Mon the Stars.

The anti Poole posts you and Gavan turn out are pathetic, again there is a very sad number of posters on this forum who have one agenda and that is to slate evryting conected with Poole Speedway..

Where is your or anyone else's proof that Poole have cheated regarding the signing of Benji Compton?

Yes , as expected you ignore the FACTS that have been presented to you that ALL the other Poole fans get. Poole want Compton, he is 15 on the draft list, he suddenly drops to 25 and the rule is suddenly changed, Poole get Compton. They are the FACTS. You cannot dispute, but you will.

Poole/Phil Morris/MF/BSPA ALL cheated to get this rule changed when there was no need.

If you can take a look thru the forum to find anyone (other than your fellow blinker wearer Red Panda) who actually supports your view that there is no cheating involved then go ahead.

What about all your fellow Poole fans who are also slating the move??

I guess what you are saying that 99% of Poole supporters are pathetic. bet you must be proud.

SO ARE YOU GOING TO IGNORE THE MANY POSTS FROM YOUR FELLOW POOLE SUPPORTERS WHO BELIEVE IT WAS WRONG TO HAVE THIS RULE CHANGE???

It is no wonder that the many sensible Poole fans find your blind support embarrasing.

Dont forget to tell us all , and all your fellow Poole supporters , we are all pathetic now wont you.

I would imagine you still don't get it.

Cue more hilarity from the masses.

Ah well thats OK then. It wasn't Poole that changed the rules and screwed everyone over so lets just accept it. A rule was changed that only effected one club, thats not fair.

I think its fair to say the one bran cell the blinkered few all share still wont get it.

Thank god that the sensible Poole supporters can see the bigger picture.

I don't understand how this issue is still dragging on? There is no debate to be had here. Poole cheated, albeit indirectly, by influencing a rule change in their favour. This rule change has allowed Poole to make a move, that regardless of its efficacy, has not been made available to any other club throughout the season. It does not matter whether or not the move was justified, it does not matter whether or not every party involved agreed the rule should be indited, the point, which my fellow supporters seem so desperately unable to comprehend, is that this has created an uneven playing field within the sport and that cannot be acceptable in any professional sport.

I have strongly defended the actions of Matt Ford in the past because I believe that "rule bending" is part of the sport. By that I mean, if the rules allow an action to be made, either because a loophole in rules allow for it or the rules simply aren't comprehensive enough to forbit it, then it is the duty of the team to take absolute advantage of these rules. To me, that is just as tactical as swapping a reserve or electing a rider for double points. However, on this occasion it is a clear violation of the rules in which every other team has obeyed all season long.

This whole fiasco has not only distanced me from the Poole promotion, but also from some of the supporters who I have stood by for many years. It is morally indefensible to pretend these actions are fair and justified. It is your duty as a supporter of the sport to acknowledge that Poole's actions were not acceptable, for when something that is wrong is not challenged it becomes customary. Any serious sport cannot allow manipulation of any kind to become the norm.

• Like 9

Mon the Stars.

Don't worry - he doesn't give a monkeys mate!!!

I don't understand how this issue is still dragging on? There is no debate to be had here. Poole cheated, albeit indirectly, by influencing a rule change in their favour. This rule change has allowed Poole to make a move, that regardless of its efficacy, has not been made available to any other club throughout the season. It does not matter whether or not the move was justified, it does not matter whether or not every party involved agreed the rule should be indited, the point, which my fellow supporters seem so desperately unable to comprehend, is that this has created an uneven playing field within the sport and that cannot be acceptable in any professional sport.

I have strongly defended the actions of Matt Ford in the past because I believe that "rule bending" is part of the sport. By that I mean, if the rules allow an action to be made, either because a loophole in rules allow for it or the rules simply aren't comprehensive enough to forbit it, then it is the duty of the team to take absolute advantage of these rules. To me, that is just as tactical as swapping a reserve or electing a rider for double points. However, on this occasion it is a clear violation of the rules in which every other team has obeyed all season long.

This whole fiasco has not only distanced me from the Poole promotion, but also from some of the supporters who I have stood by for many years. It is morally indefensible to pretend these actions are fair and justified. It is your duty as a supporter of the sport to acknowledge that Poole's actions were not acceptable, for when something that is wrong is not challenged it becomes customary. Any serious sport cannot allow manipulation of any kind to become the norm.

One of the truest post I've read for some time. Appreciate your views.. Excellent Post........

Absolutely spot on, every single word.

Don't worry - he doesn't give a monkeys mate!!!

He just thinks the whole world is against Poole, but ignores the fact that fellow Poole fans condemn the move.

At least Shovlar had a brain.

The only factual thing in that post is the first 2 sentences!! Everything else is based on supposition and the usual conspiracy theories!!

The only facts still missing are the explanations from the BSPA and Fast Track Co-ordinator.

The only facts still missing are the explanations from the BSPA and Fast Track Co-ordinator.

Well they are FACTS, an explanation of WHY would be helpful!

• Like 1

icon_warning.png Deleted by Charizard, Today, 02:46 PM to avoid upsetting desperately in denial Poole fans.

Edited by Charizard

Why do People going on about what Compton scored ? The bottom line is that Poole has tried to cheat thinking that is would give them a advantage .

It matters not if he scores 1 or 15 .

• Like 2