British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Eastbourne 15th Aug

just said on bet365 its off, they should have gone to Lakeside instead :cry:

Looks like we'll never find out who tbc was going to be

• Like 1

Makes the decision to call off last week very foolish as well as its already a nightmare getting meetings completed.

How on earth did the Bees think they could get this meeting on I would never know. The track looks a mess.

I've read that the track looked ok considering. When the rain came at 6 they had to give it every chance.

What I don't understand why not start late and get the meeting completed. Did the ref not fancy it because I'm sure Horton and the Bees lads would have wanted to race. Curfew is 11pm isn't it?

Lewis Rose would have been at number 6 for Eastbourne.

Edited by woz01

What I don't understand why not start late and get the meeting completed. Did the ref not fancy it because I'm sure Horton and the Bees lads would have wanted to race. Curfew is 11pm isn't it?

Maybe they didn't think they'd get the track raceable even with a delay? Incredibly frustrating.. :mad:

• Like 1

Absolute disgrace rushed us through the turnstiles to get our cash and then called It off as I was going up the stairs they wonder why people stop going

• Like 1

In fairness the track was bad when we got there at 7pm. The downpour was torrential and you could see that they were trying hard to sort the track.

The ref Margaret Varny wouldn't let them delay anymore so called it off. Horton looked furious.

Shame as the queues were large when we were coming in so would have been a great crowd.

Question is are there many more free Mondays to get this & the Wolves meetings restaged before play offs?

In fairness the track was bad when we got there at 7pm. The downpour was torrential and you could see that they were trying hard to sort the track.

The ref Margaret Varny wouldn't let them delay anymore so called it off. Horton looked furious.

Shame as the queues were large when we were coming in so would have been a great crowd.

Question is are there many more free Mondays to get this & the Wolves meetings restaged before play offs?

. Better hope the weather is kind over weekend with a stock car meeting on tomorrow may struggle to get Mondays meeting on?????????

Kylmarkorpi posted a picture yes it looked wet but with a bit of work I'm sure it could've gone ahead. If the ref called it off then not a lot anyone can do!

. Better hope the weather is kind over weekend with a stock car meeting on tomorrow may struggle to get Mondays meeting on?????????

Forecast looks decent until Tuesday.

• Like 1