British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Somerset (pl) 15/8/13 @ 7.30pm

Somerset are so good just now, I expect them to bag 4 points on Friday night

Bet you feel like a bit of plonker now :oops::oops::oops:

Somerset were slaughtered at Ipswich not that long ago. I expect the home side to hit 55 at least

Shadders, what are your lottery numbers tomorrow night please? ;)

My random thoughts from tonight on the Chatzone...

Can't help but agree with previous posters, The Monarchs are back!! Mind you putting the weeks results into context - a narrow defeat by a Bandits team bang on form and a Rebels team that hammer everyone at home, I think reports of the Monarchs demise were greatly exaggerated!

Tonight they showed real team spirit to beat a good team despite a handful of poor rides. Cookie isn't on top form just now but not far away. Only beaten by Morris who was Rebels top man. Justin, good return on the night, won't be happy with heats 1 & 8. Max 50/50 tonight, as others say, wrong place, wrong time but that will be sorted with experience. Stevie, great points return, looked solid, Sam, best I've seen from him, fastest rider on the night. Derek, best show for ages, hopefully the corner has been turned - even his great admirer KJ offered a generous word of praise - He said "no comment" when I asked his opinion of our great skipper tonight!. Max Clegg was never off the pace - tidy rider.

For the Rebels, Morris had two good wins and three seconds but only got a little support, Starke with a great gate and win in heat 8 and Pontus piloting from the front in 14. Charles Wright rode well for 4 third places, looks to be far more confident these days. I expected more from Brady, thought he would improve after his first race, but never did, never looked ill at ease, we'll see better from him next time I'm sure. Allen was poor, not his favourite track. Todd K only beat Clegg.

Going to be close if these two meet again in the play-offs, bring it on.

So a decent meeting and good to meet up with Lunchy again, hope it stays dry for him for the rest of his trip.

Edited by DavyH
  • Like 1

Not sure why I doubted my own team, even without getting out of 2nd gear they still had far too much for the rebels and took a well earned victory. Wasn't the most exciting meeting as Somerset struggled to win races but Sam was fantastic tonight and the simultaneous pass in ht13 with cookie just underlined the dominance, put money on Sam for a Max next week. surprised they took Brady Kurtz out his last ride. A point was out of reach and thought it would be better for him to have another go at the track.

Really pleased for Deek, great ride to follow Sam through in heat 4 and solid points throughout. Stevie worrall was also excellent and deserved ht15, again showed we had a bit to spare as if needed points for an aggregate win cookie would have been in.

Charles Wright rode well for 4 second places, looks to be far more confident these days.

That would have been good. But they were thirds.

That would have been good. But they were thirds.

I was close Mike lol, cheeky wee edit to follow!!

There was a few gate and go tonight after the back straight 1st Lap.Cook and Masters made a pass each after the 1st lap but not much else happened.

You can't say that about Overtaking Nirvana , it's sacrilege :shock:

• Like 1