British Speedway Forum

That's a little bit extreme, it's not like working your notice, if you're a speedway rider and your head isn't in it then you have to stop going onto the track for your own sake and that of other riders.

Luke's future may be in the NL, he may have a strong end to the season for the Rockets and be one of our key riders for the rest of the year, it's too early to judge. Even though we now have nothing to race for realistically.

should stick to Lorry driving! :t:

That's a little bit extreme, it's not like working your notice, if you're a speedway rider and your head isn't in it then you have to stop going onto the track for your own sake and that of other riders.

Luke's future may be in the NL, he may have a strong end to the season for the Rockets and be one of our key riders for the rest of the year, it's too early to judge. Even though we now have nothing to race for realistically.

I totally agree with you about stopping if your head isn't in it, safety must always come first and I don't like seeing any rider have an accident but for the sake of the sport as a whole I feel that if any rider packs up a couple of weeks after the start of the season with the reason being 'taking a break from racing' for the sake of the whole team and the supporters when a replacement is found they should be kept in place if possible for the rest of the year as it must be unsettling for other team members having to see changes other than those caused by injuries.

• Like 1

I totally agree with you about stopping if your head isn't in it, safety must always come first and I don't like seeing any rider have an accident but for the sake of the sport as a whole I feel that if any rider packs up a couple of weeks after the start of the season with the reason being 'taking a break from racing' for the sake of the whole team and the supporters when a replacement is found they should be kept in place if possible for the rest of the year as it must be unsettling for other team members having to see changes other than those caused by injuries.

Of course but that is the nature of the sport. Greenwood wasn't cutting the mustard and I'd rather see us try to improve the product on track than stick with someone who is not scoring well enough. Bowen is probably the best replacement about that could fit. Though personally I would have replaced Boxall with a rider who has an average higher than Robin to keep him at reserve and tried another three pointer in the place of Greenwood. As it is there will be a lot of pressure on Luke to perform and carry Maasen I think.

Of course but that is the nature of the sport. Greenwood wasn't cutting the mustard and I'd rather see us try to improve the product on track than stick with someone who is not scoring well enough. Bowen is probably the best replacement about that could fit. Though personally I would have replaced Boxall with a rider who has an average higher than Robin to keep him at reserve and tried another three pointer in the place of Greenwood. As it is there will be a lot of pressure on Luke to perform and carry Maasen I think.

I agree, there will be a lot of pressure on Luke I am keeping my fingers crossed that he can handle it and score some points and hopefully not decide to take another 'break from racing' before the end of the season.

Is Kasper Lykke back for the match agaInst Glasgow tomorrow?

No, he's planning a practice next weekend & could be back for Sheffield at the end of the month.

Yet another home defeat for Rye House tonight against a weakened Glasgow team - I'm sure the new owner is loving it! :lol:

The new owner? What the same bloke who had promised Stadiums improvements. Place is a dump far worse than it has been no viewing from 2nd bend, half the back straight and 3rd and 4th bends.

Two man team at the moment i feel for Edward Kennett

• Like 1

Arrived just before tapes up. Did anyone hear it announced the Raiders are at Mildenhall tomorrow?

Arrived just before tapes up. Did anyone hear it announced the Raiders are at Mildenhall tomorrow?

yes they are - weather permitting

Well the reserves seem to be decisions parallel with Fawlty Towers O`Reilly or Stubbs.

Sybil "why do you employ O`Reilly Basil?"

Basil "because he is cheap"

Sybil "he`s cheap cause he no bloody good"

Lets hope the legend status is not tarnished and Silver the younger takes over after the splendid way he has run the raiders this season

Lets hope the legend status is not tarnished and Silver the younger takes over after the splendid way he has run the raiders this season

Take over what, the Rockets? He'll need a promoters licence won't he?

Edited by Shads

yes they are - weather permitting

Surely it should have been announced and the local derby promoted. It may only be the Raiders but as a club we should be promoting them. We seem to be getting the simple things wrong at the moment. This can not be good for the future of Rye House Speedway.

• Like 2

I think the raiders are a seperate club as far as Len is concerned. That's why we had all of the father and son aggro earlier in the season.

Same crap, different season. Feel sorry for Eddie.