British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Leicester 2015

A bit soon for this? I don't think so.

Scenario 1.

The Elite league continues, even if it does reduce down to 8 teams. Tracks stay with their established race nights (including Leicester's Saturdays), and enough "top" riders continue to ride in the UK. A new league sponsor is even brought on board. The clubs finances are swelled by bumper attendances from the remaining 2014 home meetings.

2014 season ticket holders are delighted with the value of their purchase, including the way the loss of the two Birmingham matches was handled, and most of them make early decisions to buy 2015 ones.

Leicester build their 2015 team around Jason Doyle, and the mistakes of 2014 with the reserves are not repeated. All 7 riders are genuinely committed to a full season and the team becomes a good playoffs candidate. Sales of 2015 season tickets soar on the back of this, and the excellent entertainment continues to draw ever larger crowds. People who have drifted away throughout 2011-2014 begin to return.

Club finances are healthy, and the bank is happy. :D

Scenario 2.

The Elite league, in order to just stay in existence, under pressure from the top riders and emerging influence of the Danish league, changes to all matches taking place on one night per week (and that night is not Saturdays).

Jason Doyle, being an asset of theirs, returns to Swindon, but Leicester assemble a team of mostly mid-order riders, being unable to afford a star rider. Results are at best inconsistent, crowds dwindle, there's no additional income (no new league sponsor). People who drifted away during 2011-2014 stay away, most of them for good.

There are very few (if any) season ticket sales, and most of the 2014 season ticket holders don't renew because they are deeply dis-satisfied at the value of their purchase. A lot of this disgruntlement stems from highly unsatisfactory compensation for the two "lost" Birmingham matches and poor entertainment levels.

Income during the last part of the 2014 season, doesn't match expectations or needs in spite of the promotion's ever increasing desperation to generate income and market the club and the entertainment. Constant plugs/claims in the Leicester Mercury by Mr Hemsley fail to convince enough people, and taking collection buckets around shopping centres only raises 5p.

Leicester City Council takes action to enforce the carrying out of planning requirements (which had become well overdue), which entails considerable expense to the club. The bank is not happy. :cry:

So - which scenario is more likely?

Will things actually be better than scenario 1? Or worse than scenario 2?

Or somewhere in between?

Place your bets (but not with bet365).

Scenario 1.

The Elite league continues, even if it does reduce down to 8 teams. Tracks stay with their established race nights (including Leicester's Saturdays), and enough "top" riders continue to ride in the UK. A new league sponsor is even brought on board. The clubs finances are swelled by bumper attendances from the remaining 2014 home meetings.

2014 season ticket holders are delighted with the value of their purchase, including the way the loss of the two Birmingham matches was handled, and most of them make early decisions to buy 2015 ones.

Leicester build their 2015 team around Jason Doyle, and the mistakes of 2014 with the reserves are not repeated. All 7 riders are genuinely committed to a full season and the team becomes a good playoffs candidate. Sales of 2015 season tickets soar on the back of this, and the excellent entertainment continues to draw ever larger crowds. People who have drifted away throughout 2011-2014 begin to return.

Scenario 2.

The Elite league, in order to just stay in existence, under pressure from the top riders and emerging influence of the Danish league, changes to all matches taking place on one night per week (and that night is not Saturdays).

Jason Doyle, being an asset of theirs, returns to Swindon, but Leicester assemble a team of mostly mid-order riders, being unable to afford a star rider. Results are at best inconsistent, crowds dwindle, there's no additional income (no new league sponsor). People who drifted away during 2011-2014 stay away, most of them for good.

There are very few (if any) season ticket sales, and most of the 2014 season ticket holders don't renew because they are deeply dis-satisfied at the value of their purchase. A lot of this disgruntlement stems from highly unsatisfactory compensation for the two "lost" Birmingham matches and poor entertainment levels.

Income during the last part of the 2014 season, doesn't match expectations or needs in spite of the promotion's ever increasing desperation to generate income and market the club and the entertainment. Constant plugs/claims in the Leicester Mercury by Mr Hemsley fail to convince enough people, and taking collection buckets around shopping centres only raises 5p.

Leicester City Council takes action to enforce the carrying out of planning requirements (which had become well overdue), which entails considerable expense to the club. The bank is not happy. :cry:

Or somewhere in between?

None of them...................and you have far to much time on your hands, I suggest you find a nice hobby to occupy your time. I understand lawn bowls is becoming popular.

• Like 1

Scenario 1.

Scenario 2.

Or somewhere in between?

None of them...................and you have far to much time on your hands, I suggest you find a nice hobby to occupy your time. I understand lawn bowls is becoming popular.

I can touch type - took 5 minutes ;)

What about a 1-7 team people.

Presuming the current point limit is staying at 32 for the top 5 I would like to see the following team(using the current green sheet averages).

1.Jason Doyle. 8.03

2.Simon Stead. 6.60

3.Craig Cook. 6.41

4.Nick Morris. 6.07

5.Nicolai Klindt. 4.49

Total 31.60.

No place for Mads as I think he has been disappointing,he doesn't replicate his Polish and Swedish form in the u.k.( I think he keeps his best bikes in those two countries),and also no place for Buczkowski who flatters to deceive .......both of them try hard but it's just not happening.

I've heard Emil is wanted by hemsley

I've heard Emil is wanted by hemsley

Wonder what average he would come in at?

9 I think Could be a very good 8 though

After 1 meeing his rolling average would take effect anyway, he averaged about 7.2 for Coventry so would be no higher than 8 after his first meeting even if he scored a maximum.

Presuming the current point limit is staying at 32 for the top 5 I would like to see the following team(using the current green sheet averages).

1.Jason Doyle. 8.03

2.Simon Stead. 6.60

3.Craig Cook. 6.41

4.Nick Morris. 6.07

5.Nicolai Klindt. 4.49

Total 31.60.

No place for Mads as I think he has been disappointing,he doesn't replicate his Polish and Swedish form in the u.k.( I think he keeps his best bikes in those two countries),and also no place for Buczkowski who flatters to deceive .......both of them try hard but it's just not happening.

With 4 doubleing up riders in this team(unless things change) it is not going to happen.