British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hampshire3321

Torun Sgp 2014 (inc Sunday)

We are doing torun the hard way. Me in a van and the mrs in the car drive down to luton where we are leaving the car then on to do a delivery in kent in the van then onto torun via ferry ,france etc, after the meeting getting a lift to leszno where we will stay on sunday before getting a flight back to luton on monday morning and driving car back from luton. Road trip

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

We are doing torun the hard way. Me in a van and the mrs in the car drive down to luton where we are leaving the car then on to do a delivery in kent in the van then onto torun via ferry ,france etc, after the meeting getting a lift to leszno where we will stay on sunday before getting a flight back to luton on monday morning and driving car back from luton. Road trip

Rather you than me-flights both way. Am I being thick or is the van driving itself back ??

Im returning the van to poland for a rider and with the delivery im on a nice little earner

• Like 2

Is there any info out on any pre-GP entertainment yet? They've had a stage with bands on in the past. Heading down to Torun from Gdansk on Saturday, wondering if it's worth getting to the stadium early or better off staying in the old town square?

There was some entertainment outside the stadium 3rd / 4th bend last year. Think our party will probably stay in the square until Late afternoon then get the tram to the stadium...

Looks like Gniezno (90 mins. from Torun) have decided to run a meeting on the day of the GP starting at 4pm!!!

According to Spotowefakty:-

11 października na torze w Gnieźnie odbędzie się turniej, który zakończy sezon żużlowy w tym mieście. W imprezie wystartują między innymi Jonas Davidsson i bracia Gomólscy.

Bilety na turniej kosztują odpowiednio 15 zł (trybuna główna) i 10 zł (pozostałe sektory). Aktualna lista startowa zawodów liczy 12 zawodników. W obsadzie pojawią się jeszcze żużlowcy z ENEA Ekstraligi. Początek zawodów zaplanowano na godzinę 16:00.

which translates to:-

October 11 at the track in Gniezno tournament will be held, which will end the season speedway in the city. The event will start among other things, Jonas Davidsson and brothers Gomólscy.
Tournament Tickets are priced at 15 zł (main grandstand) and 10 zł (other sectors). The current list of occupations page consists of 12 players. The cast appear even speedway with ENEA Extraleague. The beginning of the competition is scheduled for 16:00 hour.

Edited by WembleyLion

Lodz at home to Czestochowa in Promotion/relegation 1st leg play-off match on Sunday 12th October !!!!

Sounds good, 3 hour train ride from Torun to Lodz, chance to snooze off the Saturday night hangover, tempted....

til I saw its a 5.5 hour train ride from Lodz to Gdansk Mon afternoon! Find a bar for Estonia v England & Lodz v Czestochowa in Torun old square Sunday it is then.

Edited by mikec

Sounds good, 3 hour train ride from Torun to Lodz, chance to snooze off the Saturday night hangover, tempted....

til I saw its a 5.5 hour train ride from Lodz to Gdansk Mon afternoon! Find a bar for Estonia v England & Lodz v Czestochowa in Torun old square Sunday it is then.

Lodz v Czestochowa won`t be on TV but Poland v Rest of world from Rybnik is (TVP)-see separate thread. Edited by racers and royals

Lodz v Czestochowa won`t be on TV but Poland v Rest of world from Rybnik is (TVP)-see separate thread.

LET'S hope there isn't a rain off on Saturday and a re-staging on Sunday.

LET'S hope there isn't a rain off on Saturday and a re-staging on Sunday.

We will just have to disagree about the roof`s capabilities-it coped 2 years ago-although it needed some strategically placed covers at either end.