British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Woz01

Eastbourne V Coventry 16/08/2014

If you take a look at the League Table, i don't think we are bothered who won to be honest...

Surely you cant think bjarne only getting 7 points isnt poole related!

Made hard work of that!

Crucial point in the end which didn't look likely throughout the meeting!

Would have taken a point pre-meeting. Especially if you told me R/R would only score 1 :o

Meeting has taken 2 and half hours and 2 hours of that had been spent raking & grading.

:D

It certainly felt like two and half hours to me and I only joined after heat nine :D

• Like 1

Expected a couple of more points off MJJ and Hansen but Summers did better than expected. A very good point considering, long as we continue to pick up away points we will easily be in the play offs!

• Like 2

Brilliant away point for the depleted bees team tonight (esp when R/R only got 1) and grading was against us.

Shame didn't have full team as would have been a win but very proud of the team.

Summers was brilliant tonight.

I'm not going to get over confident. What we need is some continuity and some meetings to ride where hopefully they'll all get up to speed as a whole team... It's doubly frustrating after rain offs, when you have riders you know will score you points missing all the time!!

From what I saw of them tonight, there was lot's of fight and that means a lot! :approve:

Pleased to get the point and well done Spud :t:

• Like 2

Well done to Aaron Summers. He still feels like a Bee.

The Eagles fans sitting behind us said that the Bees were the best visiting team this season.

A point well fought for and an exciting evening of speedway

• Like 1

Cant believe Eastie managed to drop a point last night. We needed all the points at home and to pick up a couple away to stand any play off change IMO.

I was very impressed with Aaron Summers. Not just with his wins but his reaction when he didnt win. You could tel from his body language that he was gutted when he ran a last. Good on him!

As for Timo, What was that?

Sorry, I dont get the Agent Bjarne thing at the best of times but can someone explain how dropping point to Coventry helps Poole. Surely if he was a Poole agent he would do everything he can to get us in the play offs and then score badly. Wouldnt Poole rather have us in the play offs the Coventry?

As for the unfair track grading thing. i would suggest that the riders dont give a dam otherwise something would be done. These allegations have been thrown around by away fans for years but never anything official. Its either not happening, legal or a figment of away fans imaginations. Why does the management not go over to the gate graders as say "scuse me mate but can you grade 2 and 4 as well"? and then again in the next race and keep doing it and if they refuse, report it to the ref every time. eventually something would have to be done,

As for the excessive grading. Yeh, even eastie fans get a bit fed up with the contant laps by the tractor but then again. I have seen numerous Sky and away matched where ruts have caught out riders home and away, Maybe he is just trying to keep a safe track,,,,,,,oh no, of course, he is trying to provide an unfair track! (I revert back to the previous paragraph!)

Well, the good news is next year we wont be around and everyone will have to find another track to moan about the most! Sorry Lakeside

Edited by stevec

Bees started off slowly and didn't look in with a chance of getting a point but then turned it around with the last few heats.

Good choice of guest in Summers, battled hard and scored double what Howarth would have got.

Can we make the playoffs, should do as long as we can fit in all the fixtures!

• Like 1

Hansen was signed on a 6.6 average. Hansen was signed on a 5.8 average. I know which one has been crap today and which one has just about done his job.

Pardon??????

Not defending the alleged antics of Uncle Bob and his track staff for one moment, but didn't the tractor always used to grade the track at Brandon after each heat in the distant past (Phil Storey's days) - when there was also a gang of rakers on all four corners, and the starting gate staff also had rakes?

Bees started off slowly and didn't look in with a chance of getting a point but then turned it around with the last few heats.

Good choice of guest in Summers, battled hard and scored double what Howarth would have got.

Can we make the playoffs, should do as long as we can fit in all the fixtures!

Any club with a fixture backlog and having to run on 'off-nights' is going to run the risk of possibly losing riders to other countries play-offs, as we get into September.

Meeting has taken 2 and half hours and 2 hours of that had been spent raking & grading.

and it's a shame the other half hour wasn't spent on watering!

Pardon??????Not defending the alleged antics of Uncle Bob and his track staff for one moment, but didn't the tractor always used to grade the track at Brandon after each heat in the distant past (Phil Storey's days) - when there was also a gang of rakers on all four corners, and the starting gate staff also had rakes?

no never graded after every race the Co wouldn't have that

Coventry looked one of the strongest teams I have seen at Eastbourne this year and that was with them depleted. imagine what they could have done at full strength. If Eastbourne make the play offs, they will not be able to grade as much on sky so don't think they will want to get either Poole who drew with them early on sky or Coventry who got a point with uneven grading and half a team