British Speedway Forum
Tom Turner

Poole Vs Leicester 20/08/2014

Darcy Ward is riding tonight for Poole.

Disgraceful. But as expected by the Poole promotion. :mad:

• Like 5

Good news.

How is it good news? Dont get your thinking at all!

Rider fails an alcohol test but because he is a world class rider he should be alowed to race? Dont get your logic

• Like 1

Leicester: Lewis Bridger (G), Krzysztof Buckowski, Jason Doyle, Mark Lemon (G), Gino Manzares (G), Max Clegg, Ben Hopwood Team manager: Norrie Allan

wouldn't even be a competative PL team!

RUBBISH!

wouldn't even be a competative PL team!

RUBBISH!

And of course Poole only call off matches when THEY are weakened. Hypocrites!

• Like 2

Darcy Ward is riding tonight for Poole.

Poole: Josh Grajczonek, Maciej Janowski, Vaclav Milik, Przemyslaw Pawlicki, Darcy Ward, Benji Compton, Kyle Newman Team manager: Neil Middleditch

Leicester: Lewis Bridger (G), Krzysztof Buckowski, Jason Doyle, Mark Lemon (G), Gino Manzares (G), Max Clegg, Ben Hopwood Team manager: Norrie Allan

The Leicester side is another indication of why a complete rethink is needed regarding the EL.

Basically the EL is dying on its feet - we need a total restructure - get rid of riders who won't or can't commit to the UK and form a bigger league with more variety.

Wolfie

• Like 2

As I said on the Poole thread. Celebrities say they are taking drugs but they get away with it. Footballers get away with murder.

So for 1 silly mistake just because Darcy drunk 1 to many the night before doesn't deserve a 2 year ban from all league racing. Hefty fine and a slap on the wrist issued with a final warning is enough.

What about his silly mistake being involved in a rape charge?

His silly mistake being in a pub fight?

His silly mistake fleeing from Police when drunk and on drugs on a bike?

He deserves the book throwing at him.

• Like 4

His silly mistake for also having no valid licence or insurance on said bike.

but thats wat kids do theses days ?

proffessional speedway riders dont do that , did hancock, gundersen , nielsen , olsen , mauger do those things in there younger days ....no

• Like 2

I take it Poole will make a moral stand and not allow Darcy to ride until the result of the FIM jury.

I assume they wish to make a stand against such disgraceful behaviour at a professional level??

Probably in the best interest of Poole Speedway MF should call off the meeting unttil Ward is cleared and not run against a team with many missing riders - it is surely likely to `seriously affect his business`?

A call off and Poole ban for Darcy is the way forward if Poole have any morals.

I seriously doubt that they even know what that means brum.. :neutral:

• Like 2

Everyone ends up in a fight whether it is at School, Work or in a public place. That was another silly mistake from fleeing the Police but Darcy served a fair punishment for that. I can see how some members are upset but Darcy wasn't even tipsy at the end of the day.

Everyone ends up in a fight? That's a big generalization to make without any facts to back your statement up. I've changed my mind about you now and reckon you are KKS afterall because he/she says daft things as well just to get a reaction.

• Like 1

I take it Poole will make a moral stand and not allow Darcy to ride until the result of the FIM jury.

I assume they wish to make a stand against such disgraceful behaviour at a professional level??

Probably in the best interest of Poole Speedway MF should call off the meeting unttil Ward is cleared and not run against a team with many missing riders - it is surely likely to `seriously affect his business`?

A call off and Poole ban for Darcy is the way forward if Poole have any morals.

Pigs might fly, no chance of Poole doing that it's a disgrace him still being allowed to ride, didn't Matt Ford say "one more mistake and your out " to Ward the last time he got in hot water, lookslike nothing happening there either. :angry:

I wonder what would have happened if it had been a rider who is not such box office, I think we all know the answer to that one.

• Like 2

As I said on the Poole thread. Celebrities say they are taking drugs but they get away with it. Footballers get away with murder.

So for 1 silly mistake just because Darcy drunk 1 to many the night before doesn't deserve a 2 year ban from all league racing. Hefty fine and a slap on the wrist issued with a final warning is enough.

No he doesnt deserve a 2 year ban who has said that?

He deserves an 8 month ban same as Danno had.

A fine would be of no use what so ever and probably paid for by the Poole promotion anyway.

Or probably the ' Darcy can do no wrong' club will have a collection in the interval at a meeting lol

• Like 2

i see the poole 'spin' has started.... comparing what darcy done to other walks of life , but being blatantly blind to what other SPEEDWAY riders have got for the same offence

try comparing like for like ie speedway rider to speedway rider , not speedway rider to footballer or celeb

danno got 8 months for the exact same thing

no doubt the official release from the poole management will contain similar spin and comparing to other sports

When I say fight I mean pushing or shoving fights like you see in Footy not like Gun fights or anything. If you want to think I am KKS then you are welcome to but I am not KKS I just don't think Darcy deserves a 2 year ban.

lol. I didn't mean gun fights either. We're not America. Still don't think 'everyone' gets involved in one at some point in their life. For a start I don't know anyone who has ever got into a fight but there are plenty of people I could willingly stick against a wall and shoot......from the legs up......so I suppose that makes me capable as well. :lol:

Some members a few days ago I wont name names because it might seem like a personal attack. I just don't think Darcy deserves a ban because Celebrities admit to using drugs but they are allowed to walk free however if that was someone who wasn't famous they would probably get locked up. Footballers can do anything they like and nothing will happen so I just feel a fine is enough and plus lets be honest Darcy wasn't even tipsy. Drunk is when you cant walk straight or you cant talk properly. If Darcy was really pissed he would have had a hangover and a splitting headache throwing up all the time lol. However Darcy looked fine in the interview so perhaps Darcy is correct about not Hydrating properly.

seriously please look at what you are writing before posting.

Danno 8 month ban for being the same amount over the limit as Ward.

If he doesnt get 8 months then there is skullduggery going on.

I agree more than 8 months might be excessive but to just fine him would probably make a lot of people turn their back on the sport altogether.

Of course celebs do drugs. Ive no doubt that footballers and maybe some riders do as well.

Celebs and football players get pissed as well.

Darcy Ward can drink as much as he wants when he hasnt got to race.

A celeb or footballer can drink as much as they like when they dont have to perform.

The fact is when you have a professional job to do you should not be under the influence its not even an opinion.

Darcy wasnt and deserves to be banned.

Didnt Rio Ferdinand get an 8 month ban for missing a test? Wasnt even found to be on anything yet still got banned so your arguments dont really hold up.

If a footballer was breath tested before a game do you not think they would get banned if over the limit?

Jockeys get banned for being drunk before a meeting and not allowed to ride.

I suggest before you post comments do a bit of research

• Like 1

i see the poole 'spin' has started.... comparing what darcy done to other walks of life , but being blatantly blind to what other SPEEDWAY riders have got for the same offence

try comparing like for like ie speedway rider to speedway rider , not speedway rider to footballer or celeb

danno got 8 months for the exact same thing

no doubt the official release from the poole management will contain similar spin and comparing to other sports

Any official release from Poole will take into account the FIM ruling. After all its not directly a Poole matter or a BSPA matter, anymore than its a Torun or Piraterna issue!! Indirectly yes!

As I've put on another thread, the Danno situation was different in that he had 'previous' with the FIM, which MAY have affected his punishment?!

Edited by Skidder1