British Speedway Forum
Bee 26

Coventry Vs Swindon 18/8/14

Who on earth is claiming a moral victory for Swindon ?

Swindon lost - admittedly they had loads of riders excluded resulting in a good few heats with just 1 rider and two heats with none..

thecoombdog did. The post I replied to. Again, what the hell does Swindon only have 1 (or 0) riders in some race have to do with anything? To win the race you have to complete the race, it's not good falling off or crashing a bleeting. Your riders were, with the exception of Gustafsson in one race, all rightly excluded- thats poor riding, a lack of skill. It's not bad luck, it's not "everything going against them" or the refrees fault.

For people slagging off the track, the Coventry riders managed to ride it well esp Harris, Howarth and esp Garrity who was in agony.

The ref though was a joke although lots of laughs at the track. Riders were scared to mess about at the gate.

Felt for Coventry as were not able to grade/water track much as the ref had the red light on ASAP, hardly left time for riders to see the medical team when Garrity & Hansen got injured.

Crowd lower than usual but then we have got 3 meetings in one week.

Edited by mdmc82

Crap meeting, crap attitude by some riders/manager and some pretty crap riding! Great result though! :lol:

what you are saying is that riders of today don't know how to use the throttle .you cannot have every tack the same due to the weather riders have to ride what is put in front of them there's to much of I can't ride that its to slick or to deep get on with it

lack of throttle control is not necessarily due to a lack of rider skill. The way a modern engine reacts is far different from the old days Im told. Much higher revs required etc

Whats that got to do with everything going against you? You had 1 heats (heat 3, excluding Gustafsson) that was harsh. What else "went against you"?

Bomber having a good meeting. Rare.

2 riders excluded in same race for an offence I have never seen punished.

Garrity roller in heat 14.

2 5-0's against us.

Morris/Worrall decision was correct but how rare is it to see that happening.

Not saying all decisions went against us. A lot of bad luck involved as well.

• Like 1

Great to see "the special one" playing the hard done by role again, can't believe there wasn't any tears!

• Like 1

thecoombdog did. The post I replied to. Again, what the hell does Swindon only have 1 (or 0) riders in some race have to do with anything? To win the race you have to complete the race, it's not good falling off or crashing a bleeting. Your riders were, with the exception of Gustafsson in one race, all rightly excluded- thats poor riding, a lack of skill. It's not bad luck, it's not "everything going against them" or the refrees fault.

Do you really believe the ref got all those decisions you allude too right ?

He was a joke and should be banned after that performance and I wouldn't have blamed Swindon for walking out due to track conditions and Robinson's complete incompetence..

As I said earlier, I just want to see a fair and competitive meeting and despite what you say that was mostly shocking tonight, it did get better after heat 10, but I wouldn't pay anything to watch that crap..

It is no wonder that crowds are fleeing from this sport...

Edited by yerropes
  • Like 2

I'm gonna buck the trend :o . I sort of enjoyed it. Not the first 2-3 races when the ref and/or the sky clock decided to make themselves famous. I don't have an issue with 2 mins being 2 mins but at least tell the riders before the meeting (telling the team managers might have helped too). Once the track settled down there was some decent racing. True riders got caught out but if they are only used to riding on smooth as silk tracks on rocket ships they don't have the control and finesse of years past.

Gustafsson, North, Harris and Howarth didn't seem to have that problem. They took stock of the track, adapted and got the rewards and so did the fans. Felt sorry for Greaves, blowing his engine before the meeting and then being ignored by the entire Swindon camp when his 2nd bike gave up the ghost. Has to be a big financial blow for a youngster, who has improved massively since the first time I saw him on track.

I'd far rather watch some of those races again that the FTG rubbish served up in most of the Sky matches.

Edited to add - it's always entertaining when Rosco spits his dummy, tho to be fair Robinson is a tool :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 6

?.......... Riders were scared to mess about at the gate.......

Exactly ! We don't want them messing about...fiddling with clutches and cables, digging holes, etc... we want them ready to race !
  • Like 2

When did I claim a moral victory you tool? I said things i.e some decisions and luck went against us. Not getting involved with bellends like you who spoil for an argument when someone has a different opinion. You are clearly the starman of Coventry!

• Like 1

You must have missed the last two ..225 fans at sheff and last week 14 heats from the gate .

Wrong
  • Like 1

Bomber having a good meeting. Rare.

2 riders excluded in same race for an offence I have never seen punished.

Garrity roller in heat 14.

2 5-0's against us.

Morris/Worrall decision was correct but how rare is it to see that happening.

Not saying all decisions went against us. A lot of bad luck involved as well.

Bomber is averaging over 9 at home. Bombers last 6 meetings he is averaging 9.5. So it's not that rare. 2 riders being excluding I have already said was unfair, the ref was wrong. Garrity didn't get a roller, he dropped the clutch as the tapes went up - what about Troy on his TR? 2 5-0s is not bad luck, thats like saying heat 10 was bad luck being 5-1d because your riders were not as good as Coventrys - you even admit yourself the 2nd 5-0 was the right decision.

It's not luck, it's bad riding!

When did I claim a moral victory you tool? I said things i.e some decisions and luck went against us. Not getting involved with bellends like you who spoil for an argument when someone has a different opinion. You are clearly the starman of Coventry!

im starman? You're ther person saying Swindon riders losing to Coventry riders is bad luck and Chris Harris, Coventrys number 1 at home, Coventry number 1 this season scoring lots against you is bad luck. I'm spoiling for an argument but you're calling people a tool and a bellend for engaging is discussion on a discussion forum.

Tip for you, if you don't like your opinion being questioned, don't post it on a discussion forum!

Having watched this on Sky tonight, I now know how Darcy Ward feels today.

Could do with this ref at Eastbourne to stop grading there.

Not usually a clock on track at coventry

Having watched this on Sky tonight, I now know how Darcy Ward feels today.

Dehydrated.

• Like 5