British Speedway Forum

Guest GiveusaB

I'd like to see Darcy back in action asap....regardless of whom he rides for? However, I think his ban should be based on the quantity of alcohol found in his system? i.e increase the duration based on the amount found ? I think a minimum 6 months of competetive action based on European league schedules, as these leagues are his main income! Should there be a difference between domestic/International ban ???

Of course he should, he's a poole rider... And what length of ban would apease you?

There really is no helping you is there? You are the first poster (since KKS and all his aliases) I have considered putting on ignore (which is a pretty sad thing to be said bearing in mind we are both huge Poole Pirates supporters) as you go on and on and on and on and on and on banging out the same line time and time again.

I'm going to give it one last go to see if you read, digest and actually accept the below;

IT IS NOT A POOLE THING GODAMMIT!!!!!!!

• Like 6

I'd like to see Darcy back in action asap....regardless of whom he rides for? However, I think his ban should be based on the quantity of alcohol found in his system? i.e increase the duration based on the amount found ? I think a minimum 6 months of competetive action based on European league schedules, as these leagues are his main income! Should there be a difference between domestic/International ban ???

Your thoughts entirely but the system does not work that way. FIM suspensions are worldwide - in their eyes he is banned/suspended from racing speedway anywhere at the moment. The time from when he was stopped racing will be taken in as part of what penalty maye be imposed on him.

A national federation can ban a rider from its competitions and by advising the FIM it can then be imposed at international level. In the Ward case, he offended at an FIM event so whatever sentence they impose will be retrospective to when he was stopped from competing and be part of whatever penalty they impose. It might not even be a further suspension - the FIM could just fine him for the offence. Who knows?

There really is no helping you is there? You are the first poster (since KKS and all his aliases) I have considered putting on ignore (which is a pretty sad thing to be said bearing in mind we are both huge Poole Pirates supporters) as you go on and on and on and on and on and on banging out the same line time and time again.

I'm going to give it one last go to see if you read, digest and actually accept the below;

IT IS NOT A POOLE THING GODAMMIT!!!!!!!

you won't get the message across mate and you certainly won't get a reply from him. He gives Poole fans a bad name and doesn't help the sensible ones on here. It's the same old anti Poole tripe. He says he agrees Ward needs a ban then accuses everyone of being anti Poole if they say it. Christ Danno was given 8 months. I'm saying Ward should get 6 and I'm being a hater lol.

you won't get the message across mate and you certainly won't get a reply from him. He gives Poole fans a bad name and doesn't help the sensible ones on here. It's the same old anti Poole tripe. He says he agrees Ward needs a ban then accuses everyone of being anti Poole if they say it. Christ Danno was given 8 months. I'm saying Ward should get 6 and I'm being a hater lol.

I don't think I will on both accounts. I thought that he might take a little more notice if a fellow Pirate told him the obvious, however as you say he will never get it as anything posted which he doesn't like or agree with is labelled 'anti Poole'. He's become a bit of an embarassment to many of us which is why I thought I'd have a go at trying to get through to the fella, but alas no joy.

For what it's worth my thoughts are that the length of time the FIM are taking to get the hearing date in place is criminal itself! As I said previously, I'd love Darcy to be one of our 1-5 in 2015, however if he isn't then we just have to move on and hope this is the incident which gives him the wake up call he so desperately needs! Personally I agree that any ban he may receive (be it 6 months, 12 months or longer) should be served during the speedway season and not the closed season as that will hit home far harder. And believe me that hurts to say as he's part of our speedway family and losing him for some or much of next year will without a doubt affect on our season....but he has got to learn, and learn fast. At bit of discipline from within the club wouldn't go amiss too...are you reading Middlo and co?

• Like 5

I don't think I will on both accounts. I thought that he might take a little more notice if a fellow Pirate told him the obvious, however as you say he will never get it as anything posted which he doesn't like or agree with is labelled 'anti Poole'. He's become a bit of an embarassment to many of us which is why I thought I'd have a go at trying to get through to the fella, but alas no joy.

For what it's worth my thoughts are that the length of time the FIM are taking to get the hearing date in place is criminal itself! As I said previously, I'd love Darcy to be one of our 1-5 in 2015, however if he isn't then we just have to move on and hope this is the incident which gives him the wake up call he so desperately needs! Personally I agree that any ban he may receive (be it 6 months, 12 months or longer) should be served during the speedway season and not the closed season as that will hit home far harder. And believe me that hurts to say as he's part of our speedway family and losing him for some or much of next year will without a doubt affect on our season....but he has got to learn, and learn fast. At bit of discipline from within the club wouldn't go amiss too...are you reading Middlo and co?

Are you suggesting a person be punished twice for the same offence!

Edited by Guest

Starman2006, I reckon you should represent Darcy at the FIM hearing, just in case some of them are anti-Poole

Well you never know, some on the panel might just be Anti poole. I mean, we do have the biggest and best club in British speedway, with the best promoter and Team manager, so they might just want to field against us..I mean, its the only way we will be stopped from winning title No 3 on the trotski. :D

;)

No not at all. Maybe that was a poor choice of phrase...it's plain to see that he would benefit from some moral guidance rather than being defended and having excuses made from the club management on his past misdemeanours. That is what I was trying to infer.

No not at all. Maybe that was a poor choice of phrase...it's plain to see that he would benefit from some moral guidance rather than being defended and having excuses made from the club management on his past misdemeanours. That is what I was trying to infer.

Thank you for the response. The matter I raised is fully resolved. Thank you.

I see on Facebook that the 'Darcy Ward hearing is set for January15 2015. If it has already been mentioned in a previous Post in this thread - my apologies!

I see on Facebook that the 'Darcy Ward hearing is set for January15 2015. If it has already been mentioned in a previous Post in this thread - my apologies!

Interesting! That's another week later than Poole fans were told at their awards night!! :nono:

Interesting! That's another week later than Poole fans were told at their awards night!! :nono:

Assuming the original Facebook poster got the date right? :unsure:

Well you never know, some on the panel might just be Anti poole. I mean, we do have the biggest and best club in British speedway, with the best promoter and Team manager, so they might just want to field against us..I mean, its the only way we will be stopped from winning title No 3 on the trotski. :D

;)

If the best means winning titles then yes Poole are the best.

If sometimes they are underhand does that still make them the best.

And Poole are not the biggest club in British Speedway, that honour is still in my eyes Belle Vue.

Its like saying Manchester City are the biggest club in England because they have won recent trophys. They are not as big as Manchester United or Liverpool and Poole although dominating in the noughties will never be as big a club as Belle Vue

• Like 1

And Poole are not the biggest club in British Speedway, that honour is still in my eyes Belle Vue.

Its like saying Manchester City are the biggest club in England because they have won recent trophys. They are not as big as Manchester United or Liverpool and Poole although dominating in the noughties will never be as big a club as Belle Vue

Big enough to keep you posting on anything Poole-related though!!!! :D

• Like 2

Many years ago maybe. But been a very average team for a long time now and the present staduim is a real dump.