British Speedway Forum

Do you know what? It pisses me off!! 3 years ago today Lee Richardson was lost to the sport. A decent, honest and well respected rider, I've not seen that mentioned on this forum anywhere today, yet people are still banging on about this waste of space and his catalogue of on and off track f*ck ups! :mad:

I have to agree that 5,000+ posts about Darcy Ward is disproportionate. The subject should have ceased to have had any interest long ago.

However, the Darcy Ward thread is not the place to comment on Lee Richardson, Leigh Adams or any injured or deceased rider. There are already threads in existence for you and I to express our feelings. In my opinion mentioning Ward and Richardson in the same sentence elevates Ward to a position within the sport he does not deserve.

• Like 2

You are quite right CHR.

This thread is like a car crash, you can't help but look. It was active last night which is why I looked in, thought there may have been some update on a statement from the Ward camp, or the FIM etc. But no, just the same obessive's banging the same old drum (from both sides).

Maybe my post was inappropriate on here, but it was a knee jerk post, you know the reason why I logged into the forum last night. I was just amazed that this is still getting so much activity.

Still, this isn't helping either. I'm so over the whole Darcy Ward thing but this is just adding fuel to the fire giving some members the chance to go off on one again.

The irony.

You are the fool posting on a thread that doesn't interest you.

I can categorically, 100% state that I have never wasted my time to post on a thread that I am not interested in. That would be moronic.

You're not interested in discussing Darcy Ward.. don't click on a Darcy Ward thread then!

It's hardly rocket science.

Quite right witcher.

Ah well, he's started a whole other thread now to bleat about it.

Labelled it 'In other news'... then claims its about Leigh Adams.

He's a right knob head.

Oh bless - look the cavalry's arrived.

• Like 2

You are quite right CHR.

This thread is like a car crash, you can't help but look. It was active last night which is why I looked in, thought there may have been some update on a statement from the Ward camp, or the FIM etc. But no, just the same obessive's banging the same old drum (from both sides).

Maybe my post was inappropriate on here, but it was a knee jerk post, you know the reason why I logged into the forum last night. I was just amazed that this is still getting so much activity.

Still, this isn't helping either. I'm so over the whole Darcy Ward thing but this is just adding fuel to the fire giving some members the chance to go off on one again.

Oh bless - look the cavalry's arrived.

Just to give things a little better perspective - Prior to his ban, Darcy was always one of the first riders to agree to race in the 'Remembering Rico' meetings!!

• Like 3

I barely post on this forum anymore, mainly due to idiots like Wankie deliberately causing trouble.

• Like 2

Causing trouble or voicing an opinion. You probably don't post on here much anymore because Poole are quite sh1te these days!

Not better than Coventry, though :P:lol:

Edited by shadow
  • Like 1

See... see, that's about the level people will stoop to on here now! You make BWitcher & Starman look positively intellectual with comments like that. I'd say call yourself a speedway fan, but you're obviously just one of those glory hunters who sing when you're winning!

Let's hope the rumours about Stadia UK looking to sell the lease aren't true and you don't find yourself in the position that many proper fans are in now.

Maybe all the singing has been due to all the winning over the last few years - intensely annoying, but not unjustified. All about to change this season, though...

I presume you are a weathered supporter Shadow? Through thick & thin and all that. I'm guessing Home Straight is more a fairweather fan.

• Like 2

Definitely walked through plenty of thick tw@ts and a few thin skinny runts on the terraces over the last 40 years or so - if that's what you mean... :wink:

• Like 1

Just to give things a little better perspective - Prior to his ban, Darcy was always one of the first riders to agree to race in the 'Remembering Rico' meetings!!

Ah, that's ok then. FFS.

I barely post on this forum anymore, mainly due to idiots like Wankie deliberately causing trouble.

Exactly. What has happened to the speedway family?

• Like 2

See... see, that's about the level people will stoop to on here now! You make BWitcher & Starman look positively intellectual with comments like that. I'd say call yourself a speedway fan, but you're obviously just one of those glory hunters who sing when you're winning!

Let's hope the rumours about Stadia UK looking to sell the lease aren't true and you don't find yourself in the position that many proper fans are in now.

Oh dear......that is worrying!

Just a rumour Jacques, whether it has any substance to it we will see. I'm sure it'll all be fine though, not as if Stadia UK have form or anything is it!

Exactly. What has happened to the speedway family?

I don't know Blazeaway, back in the glory days of the early 2000s this forum was amazing, now it's over run by Johnny come latelies like Jacques......

Edited by home straight
  • Like 1