British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
em1500uk

Swindon V King's Lynn (21/08/14)

The malaise we find ourselves in is rather worrying, eight points down with no race winners tonight after heat 5. The league title seems a million miles off right now!

That killer instinct is gone and so has any chance of winning the league.

Poole to finish top of the table and I think they'll fancy picking us for the semi's right at this moment in time

Early doors yet. Robins have been known to throw healthy leads away in the latter stages. :(

Early doors yet. Robins have been known to throw healthy leads away in the latter stages. :(

yes true but this looks a different king's lynn side than usual. Rory and kerr struggling and worrying form from iversen.

would be a real shame if king's lynn burn out a couple of weeks before play offs after leading all season

whats up with Iversen?

Hans a good guest so far.

Maybe he feels his current average is too high?

think Rory needs to reduce his guesting and focus mainly on King's lynn as apart from last race he hasn't been on the pace. hoping that changes now.

meeting very close

are hans and north okay?

Think Swindon got a get out of jail free tonight with NKI being off form. kings lynn off form but still kept it close

How shockingly bad was Iversen ? I know a few has mentioned his busy schedule , and Woofy's , but i'm not buying it. When you jump on a bike , the adrenalin takes over. I'm thinking more that their best bikes are elsewhere in Europe where the money is better. It would hardly the first time riders have reorganised their equipment to where the real money is.

Edited by phlipphlop
  • Like 1

Cant really legislate for the world number three having such a poor night but even so three heat wins from a team with designs on winning the title is nowhere near good enough. I think the time has come for the whole team to have a look in the mirror and ask themselves if they really want it, and if they do to pull their collective fingers out and start running into some form over the next six weeks. Despite this season being one of our best ever it will count for absolutely nothing if the job can't be finished off in the Play Offs..

Well done to Swindon, and a BIG performance needed from the Stars at home to Eastbourne tomorrow.

• Like 1

A superb job done by the Rockinest Robins tonight,,

Dak just gets better and better, Troy did a great job in team riding, apart from when he ended up finishing last..

Hopefully Morra has shut up his detractors...

A big well done all round..

As regards Mr Rising's comments. I'm sure he's right and most likely any rider of the calibre of Tai and NKI will be missing next year..

• Like 1

And the Pirate Train steams on, watch out Lynn, don't look over your shoulder, were right behind ya... :rofl:

That killer instinct is gone and so has any chance of winning the league.

Poole to finish top of the table and I think they'll fancy picking us for the semi's right at this moment in time

I tend to agree. The steam and spark seems to have disappeared which would be a tragedy after doing all the hard work early season.

• Like 3

Good win for Swindon, North looking strong again tonight.

personally do feel the home team were fortunate that NKI had such a poor meeting but you can only race what is in front of you on the night.

The question is though with only 6 meetings remaining (only 3 home) will that be enough to make the play offs?

Strange how fixtures have worked out when you think Coventry still have 12 fixtures (7 home!) to complete depending on weather.

could be an exciting couple of weeks.

Hopefully King's Lynn will come good again very soon as would be a shame to dip in form now so near to the play offs after being the best team all year.

Do agree that maybe Rory is taking on too much guesting but I suppose he knows better than us

And the Pirate Train steams on, watch out Lynn, don't look over your shoulder, were right behind ya... :rofl:

Think you could be right.

Even with a question mark over Ward at the moment, based on current form I can see a Poole V Bees final at the moment, however in speedway anything can change