British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow V Newcastle Pl Sun 24th Aug 2014 @3pm

Pretty sure it was announced ryan broke track record for junior meetings on Friday his problem is he lives in the wrong end of the country get asked to guest for other nl clubs but just too far to travel durning the week as he has a full time job and only practice he gets he takes even if it's only one race

Berwick are very good as you know if meetings Finnish,s at 8.45/9 you get as many rides till curfew at 9.30 on the button and have to book in as there is aways plenty riders wanting out as Gary Flint who runs second half makes sure of it we have had 5 rides there before it's pretty much same at Armadale and worky you will always get 3 outings maybe more if main meeting Finnish early there but at Glasgow you never know from one week to the next we have asked if we pay extra for medics to stay can we get more than one ride I a, pretty sure there would be a que wanting to ride but will not come for just the one was good to see the 125 riders 3 Scottish boys and one from worky and the crowd I think were waiting for them again will see what happens next week

He did indeed, dont know what his time was tho, Walshie had left the box by then and I didn't catch the tones of the other guy announcing it? :sad:

The late start on Friday didn't help the after match racers for time, think we got about 4/5 at the most before the meeting was closed, it is a shame if the guy has to travel so far for a spin as he definitely gives the impression that practice will bring him on a bundle, as his TR showed, the ability is there track time wasn't?

One thing for sure tho is he'll always get a spin round our place if he can make it, club will always try and do right for young up and comers and he certainly looks like a prospect!! :t:

• Like 1

He did indeed, dont know what his time was tho, Walshie had left the box by then and I didn't catch the tones of the other guy announcing it? :sad:

The late start on Friday didn't help the after match racers for time, think we got about 4/5 at the most before the meeting was closed, it is a shame if the guy has to travel so far for a spin as he definitely gives the impression that practice will bring him on a bundle, as his TR showed, the ability is there track time wasn't?

One thing for sure tho is he'll always get a spin round our place if he can make it, club will always try and do right for young up and comers and he certainly looks like a prospect!! :t:

They got there match finished 6 rides in 21 minutes worky beat northside 21 -14 and Workington will host the NJL riders championship on 6th September with the top 8 riders in it should make great viewing and Glasgow are workys opponents that night hope we can get a bus down for it

They got there match finished 6 rides in 21 minutes worky beat northside 21 -14 and Workington will host the NJL riders championship on 6th September with the top 8 riders in it should make great viewing and Glasgow are workys opponents that night hope we can get a bus down for it

Could be a problem now that, just been announced that the 6th Sept date v Glasgow is now a double header with Somerset?

Could be a problem now that, just been announced that the 6th Sept date v Glasgow is now a double header with Somerset?

Yes it Just been postponed nice to see Laura has apologised about it and she hope to sort something out

I wonder if this is any relation to Alan Mackie who rode for Sunderland 'Stars' in the Seventies?

No, :cheers:

No, :cheers:

Thank you. :t::) :)

Yes it Just been postponed nice to see Laura has apologised about it and she hope to sort something out

At the time of writing it had never even entered my head that you could have been talking about it being at Northside then travelling across to DP for the Glasgow match later, :oops: I've had a look round and cant find any notice for the event anywhere?

Still, if you've had word from the club then I'm sure you'll get it on sometime in the near future, things being just a tad busy here thesedays, should be worth watching when it does if those same lads are still competeing that were there Friday!! ;)

I will stand corrected if wrong but I believe that NL clubs are not allowed to own riders

When it become the NL (rather than the CL) and become a bit more pro, clubs were allowed to "own" riders - makes sense tbf.