British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

Where are Kenny Hansen loyalties or favourable contract ?

His Danish team Slangerup race against Holsted in the same night.

(Summers also unavailable as a decent guest)

HD

Danish meeting was first so we will now miss Garrity, Howarth and Hansen against a full strength Lynn side.

Was looking forward to seeing Garrity V Kerr but now it will be Kerr V a rider 16th or below on the list

not a lot of options for Hansen either

Thats a shame. myself and friends were going to travel to Brandon on the 5th to watch this meeting.

We can't do Thursday the 4th as away until then.

Feel for bees fans going from a full team to key riders missing, shame as was really looking forward to this one.

oh well, guess maybe go Lakeside V Poole instead now on 5th

Will Lynn be at full strength? Got to say either go speedway for 17 quid or CCFC return to Coventry for tenner? Gives fans the option to go to both now which wasn't the case before.

yes Lynn at Full strength.

Bees miss Garrity (with not many guests available) Howarth and Hansen

Thats a shame. myself and friends were going to travel to Brandon on the 5th to watch this meeting.

We can't do Thursday the 4th as away until then.

Feel for bees fans going from a full team to key riders missing, shame as was really looking forward to this one.

oh well, guess maybe go Lakeside V Poole instead now on 5th

Marvellous, I can't go now.

same here

Judging by Twitter, there are a lot of King's Lynn fans and Bees fans that were looking forward to this but can not longer go.

Myself and Sister will still be going but my friends from work are not able to come on the Thur

Think whilst date has been changed to stop crowds being low on Friday 5th, they could end up being very low on the 4th. Only difference being the weaker team on the Thur :(

Edited by mdmc82

Danish meeting was first so we will now miss Garrity, Howarth and Hansen against a full strength Lynn side.

Was looking forward to seeing Garrity V Kerr but now it will be Kerr V a rider 16th or below on the list

not a lot of options for Hansen either

While I don't get why the Coventry promotion changed this if they have all those riders missing,but why would you have a rider 16th or below to replace Garrity?

While I don't get why the Coventry promotion changed this if they have all those riders missing,but why would you have a rider 16th or below to replace Garrity?

Because Horton was worried about his attendance. He thinks all the fans who turn out every week to watch speedway would go to watch mid table CCFC instead. a lot of people in Coventry don't even support football or Coventry team or they live outside of coventry. and what about the thought for the away fans?

What we now have is a depleted side and still a huge loss in attendance plus unhappy fans that now miss out, all because some fans may have gone to the Ricoh.

there seem to be more than 1/3 of fans that were going Friday that can not make the Thur so Horton will end up with lower attendance on the Thursday than if he had kept it on the Friday.

Not very fair on the bees or stars fans

mdmc82, on 25 Aug 2014 - 6:02 PM, said:

yes Lynn at Full strength.

Bees miss Garrity (with not many guests available) Howarth and Hansen

Judging by Twitter, there are a lot of King's Lynn fans and Bees fans that were looking forward to this but can not longer go.

Myself and Sister will still be going but my friends from work are not able to come on the Thur

Think whilst date has been changed to stop crowds being low on Friday 5th, they could end up being very low on the 4th. Only difference being the weaker team on the Thur :(

I know of 5 supporters who work shifts at JaguarLandRover wont be going now .. Very odd thing to do by Mr Horton ..Least he could have done is consult the fans first !! Then it emerges its going to be half a team .. WHATS THE REAL REASON ???

• Like 2

Isn't Newman,Wright and Starke available for Garrity.Although the list should change in September and I would expect Newman to go higher than Garrity.

Isn't Newman,Wright and Starke available for Garrity.Although the list should change in September and I would expect Newman to go higher than Garrity.

Garrity has been in better form than Newman!

Yes all would be available but that doesn't fit with some people argument. As I said earlier it's right financially to change the date although the date it's changed to does baffle me.

Edited by woz01

Garrity has been in better form than Newman!

Yes all would be available but that doesn't fit with some people argument. As I said earlier it's right financially to change the date although the date it's changed to does baffle me.

Do you think,over the last month I reckon Newman,but that's only my opinion.Couple of max's in the El and doing well in the PL.

Newman could be higher by then, Starke no where near Garrity in form esp against Kerr

Think Garrity will be a huge loss for the bees, the same with Howarth (although is Max free?)

Think it has just been made a lot of hard work for the bees, I just hope they don't look back and regret it come the cut off date

Because Horton was worried about his attendance. He thinks all the fans who turn out every week to watch speedway would go to watch mid table CCFC instead. a lot of people in Coventry don't even support football or Coventry team or they live outside of coventry. and what about the thought for the away fans?

What we now have is a depleted side and still a huge loss in attendance plus unhappy fans that now miss out, all because some fans may have gone to the Ricoh.

there seem to be more than 1/3 of fans that were going Friday that can not make the Thur so Horton will end up with lower attendance on the Thursday than if he had kept it on the Friday.

Not very fair on the bees or stars fans

Your post sums up my feelings. I think this decision is pathetic and there will be far less people there on Thursday so what's the point? I was going on Friday with my husband on the way back from North Devon but am certainly not returning on Thursday so that's two less and I'm sure there are many more. What about the Kings Lynn fans too? Don't they deserve some consideration as I know some have booked to stay over on Friday night. Diabolical.

.....markyb......And now back from your hols even earlier I guess !

You're joking. I might be daft but I'm not that daft.

Like Bananaman I think there's something strange about all this and football is not the real reason for the change. I can't believe after all the hard work Mick Horton has put in to get the majority of fans on his side at last that he would do something this stupid to upset so many. Sod the football - let those who want to go do just that and let the rest of us enjoy watching the Bees v Stars on our usual night.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 3

Actually Thursday suits us better, Will go whatever day it's on, but the roads always seem worse on a Friday afternoons, especially with those damn road-works. at the M1, M6 and A14 interchange. When will all that be finished......

Fancy having to do that every day, Drive you mad.......... :mad::mad::mad: