British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

so mick horton thinks fans are gonna choose football over speedway,,, so move it a day earlier , so those fans going to the football can now go to the speedway aswell , but who can afford to do that?

so mick horton thinks fans are gonna choose football over speedway,,, so move it a day earlier , so those fans going to the football can now go to the speedway aswell , but who can afford to do that?

The footy is only a tenner

• Like 1

Agree. I know people who now can't go on the thur but would have gone on the Friday.

Also know 2 CCFC fans that couldn't go Friday but also said not gonna bother going Thur as too much money for 2 nights in a row

The footy is only a tenner

But £27 if go to both plus travel. Good etc.

Personally somebody would have to pay me £10 to go and watch CCFC, watched some really poor meetings of there's before

Open question to Neil Watson or any other member of the Bees management team who read this forum from a season ticket holder.

Assuming that the Bees team for the Thursday fixture will now be reliant on guests and/or RR, do you think your decision to rearrange this fixture from a date where the Bees would have been able to track a full team is treating the many Coventry fans who have no interest in football, or the season ticket holders who have paid for this meeting in advance, fairly?

• Like 2

Open question to Neil Watson or any other member of the Bees management team who read this forum from a season ticket holder.

Assuming that the Bees team for the Thursday fixture will now be reliant on guests and/or RR, do you think your decision to rearrange this fixture from a date where the Bees would have been able to track a full team is treating the many Coventry fans who have no interest in football, or the season ticket holders who have paid for this meeting in advance, fairly?

Brilliant post. I too am a season ticket holder and am very disappointed.

It seems that those few fans who have picked football over speedway will be the only ones benefiting whilst those loyal fans (from both teams) who were planning on putting speedway first are the ones to be punished.

Do they also honestly think a depleted team, on a school night, the night before the football will bring in a bigger crowd?

Do feel for the riders as well who will now miss out on a meeting all cos of a dozen football fans.

Have heard football fans saying they would have been happy to record it as cos it's on sky that way they can do both.

• Like 1

Have to say I do find this a strange decision esp when alot of football fans won't pay to go speedway and football anyway so close together. My other half and his friends were all coming to speedway on the 5th and recording Football as best of both worlds then.

Speedway and Football are such different sports that would be surprised if as many fans missing as Horton thinks, after all this is CCFC and not England.

Not everybody supports football, kings Lynn fans def won't, Birmingham fans won't and by the sounds of it neither do alot of Coventry fans.

Agree with Mdmc82, the biggest way to lose attendance at a meeting is to replace a full team with a depleted one and change race night.

Think the wishes & feelings of Those who have decided to support the team and go to speedway should come before those you decide the football and may not attend on the thur anyway.

• Like 1

Now that Horton can see that there are a large number of fans who can't make the 4th (or some that won't cos depleted), can he not move it back knowing that fans WILL be missing on the Thur rather than moving if from the Friday because he ASSUMES some fans may miss the meeting.

Neil, If we do get into the play offs and they clash with a football match, will we just drop out or ask sky to change the date.

Edited by mdmc82

Actually Thursday suits us better, Will go whatever day it's on, but the roads always seem worse on a Friday afternoons, especially with those damn road-works. at the M1, M6 and A14 interchange. When will all that be finished...... Fancy having to do that every day, Drive you mad.

I think work on the Catthorpe interchange is continuing until sometime in 2016? I'm sure that's what I'd seen on the signs around there when I went to Cardiff. I now don't bother with the A14. I prefer going along the A47 to Leicester, then using the M69 and then join up with the M6 from there. It seems quicker. Going on the A605 then the A14 seems to take forever with the Catthorpe roadworks.

As for the fixture being rearranged to Thursday 4th, that's bloody handy! Could mean I don't go now either but we'll see. For travelling, it would probably be better, but it is a pain as Friday night was preferable simply cos of the fact I don't work on Saturday but do on a Friday.

Coventry fans are (rightly) annoyed that Hansen won't be available on that date as he's riding in Denmark but won't the Lynn fans be annoyed too IF Iversen or Bjerre or Porsing (currently injured anyway) are also absent in Denmark? Or is it already known that they won't be?

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

Now that Horton can see that there are a large number of fans who can't make the 4th (or some that won't cos depleted), can he not move it back knowing that fans WILL be missing on the Thur rather than moving if from the Friday because he ASSUMES some fans may miss the meeting.

Neil, If we do get into the play offs and they clash with a football match, will we just drop out or ask sky to change the date.

You think because about 10 people on here have said they cant go hes going to change it again. Speedway can not compete with football so hes done the right thing IMO.

You think because about 10 people on here have said they cant go hes going to change it again. Speedway can not compete with football so hes done the right thing IMO.

Not worth replying to the drivel she keeps coming out with mate !
  • Like 1

Not worth replying to the drivel she keeps coming out with mate !

Haha yeah I know. Just winds me up. What percentage of fans who attend meetings post on this forum?! It wont be a high number so to suggest its moved again based on a few comments on here is crazy!

In his/her defence, it is not just few fans on here, lots of regular fans from the bees Facebook pages are no longer able to go, along with people of both teams on twitter.

I know alot of people from my partners work place who were attending speedway and recording football. They said after the boredom against MK Dom at weekend, it would be better to record and fast forward lol.

Coventry fans are (rightly) annoyed that Hansen won't be available on that date as he's riding in Denmark but won't the Lynn fans be annoyed too IF Iversen or Bjerre or Porsing (currently injured anyway) are also absent in Denmark? Or is it already known that they won't be?

Do you know which meetings are on that night Hun? Surely Kings Lynn wouldn't have agreed if depleted and also I feel that would make crowds even smaller.

In his/her defence, it is not just few fans on here, lots of regular fans from the bees Facebook pages are no longer able to go, along with people of both teams on twitter.

I know alot of people from my partners work place who were attending speedway and recording football. They said after the boredom against MK Dom at weekend, it would be better to record and fast forward lol.

Do you know which meetings are on that night Hun? Surely Kings Lynn wouldn't have agreed if depleted and also I feel that would make crowds even smaller.

Thursday 27th in Denmark is just 1 fixture between Region Varde v Grindsted. Both Nicklas Porsing and Robert Lambert are in the Region Varde squad and could potentially be missing. I think regardless of rearranged fixtures British riders have to fulfil their British League fixtures anyway don't they?