British Speedway Forum
markyb

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn now Sept 4th - Empty Stadium ?

PL 6 pointer guests only for Danish league speedway

It makes no sense!

Friday

So it would mean either run the risk of maybe 100 football fans not turning up (unless recording game)

Or

Thur

1)Run the risk of over 100 speedway fans not coming (either cos school night, depleted, travelling fans, working)

2)Hope that those football fans can get 2 nights off & pay for both nights

3)Have a hugely depleted team (esp if no facility)

4)Key riders miss out on riding the meeting & nights wage

5)Risk losing 3 points

6)Bees, Kings Lynn & others are robbed of seeing 2 top teams at full strength in what could have been a amazing night of speedway.

• Like 3

It's done now so we just have to get on with it. I can't see Horton changing it again

It's done now so we just have to get on with it. I can't see Horton changing it again

Who knows. Think it will have a shock when realises how many fans are not attending on the Thur.

And if now it is No facility for Hansen as well as no Garrity or Howarth, does he really see a bigger crowd than Friday?

There is no facility for Danish Speedway full stop regardless unless a rider is injured or participating in a recognised FIM event.

There is no facility for Danish Speedway full stop regardless unless a rider is injured or participating in a recognised FIM event.

Then this makes the change of date even more of a joke!

The much anticipated fixture between Coventry and King's Lynn has now been moved from Friday 5th to Thursday the 4th sep.

This is incase some speedway fans would prefer to watch the football.

This however now means the bees go from having a full strength team (on the 5th) to now being depleted with no Garrity, Howarth and Hansen (is a facility given?)

Shame as this could have been a brilliant meeting with two full strength sides. Once again it's the speedway fans that suffer of both teams.

Edited by mdmc82

Looks like rain showers on Friday

The meeting isn't this Friday, it was meant to be next Friday.

Oh no, you are kidding.

I was really looking forward to this meeting esp with both teams finally being at full strength.

Already had to watch the bees go to King's Lynn with NL guests due to no facility. Won't be doing it again.

Looks like me and mates will give this a miss now then if its not on the 5th.

It makes no sense!

Friday

So it would mean either run the risk of maybe 100 football fans not turning up (unless recording game)

Or

Thur

1)Run the risk of over 100 speedway fans not coming (either cos school night, depleted, travelling fans, working)

2)Hope that those football fans can get 2 nights off & pay for both nights

3)Have a hugely depleted team (esp if no facility)

4)Key riders miss out on riding the meeting & nights wage

5)Risk losing 3 points

6)Bees, Kings Lynn & others are robbed of seeing 2 top teams at full strength in what could have been a amazing night of speedway.

Some good points made.

Personally I think it's madness and makes little sense.

Either Horton has lost the plot or he has been very ill advised.

Hopefully he will see sense and surely move it back. Nobody benefits from the change.

Had a really great weekend for the team, with the lads scoring brilliantly at Lakeside.

However what is the point of them scoring away points when Horton now may be robbing them of chance to get home points so won't benefit.

As I said, madness. Lets hope it's sorted soon.

Was really looking forward to having a night at the speedway on the 5th to see what would have been a exciting fixture.

However my friends can't make the 4th so looks like we will now miss out.

Spoke to a few people when arrived at work not long ago and they are disappointed as cant make the Thursday either due to kids or work commitments.

Do feel for the Bees and King's Lynn fans.

Oh well, what can the fans do. We will maybe save the money and go and see Lakeside V Poole on the 5th instead now if definitely no bees meeting.

I think work on the Catthorpe interchange is continuing until sometime in 2016? I'm sure that's what I'd seen on the signs around there when I went to Cardiff. I now don't bother with the A14. I prefer going along the A47 to Leicester, then using the M69 and then join up with the M6 from there. It seems quicker. Going on the A605 then the A14 seems to take forever with the Catthorpe roadworks.

As for the fixture being rearranged to Thursday 4th, that's bloody handy! Could mean I don't go now either but we'll see. For travelling, it would probably be better, but it is a pain as Friday night was preferable simply cos of the fact I don't work on Saturday but do on a Friday.

Appreciate your suggestion, but having travelled the British Isle extensively I've always regarded Leicester as one of the worse places to drive through. Like choosing between the devil and deep blue sea. The last time I drove through it added 24 mins to the Sat Nav ETA ( Estimated Time of Arrival ).

Before the A14 was there we use to go Via Peterborough, Corby, Market Harborough, Lutterworth, Rugby coming into Brandon that way. Might try going that way again. Mind it should be OK coming home though......

Edited by GRW123

If no facility as well as no Garrity or Howarth then surely Horton can't think he would get a bigger crowd on the Thursday than he would have with a full team on the Friday, even with the football.

Can see why Kings Lynn agreed to the change.

Bees fans I know seemed to have a lot of positives to say about Horton recently and was nice atmosphere and even fans applauding him last time I was at the stadium.

However this seems to be a huge backwards

Step. I feel he may have been ill advised by somebody.

Out of interest: had he had more people contacting him or complaining about the clash and not able to attend when on the 5th

Or now it had been moved to the 4th?

Edited by Sienna Ryan
  • Like 1