British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DragonsDen

Rye House V Berwick Sunday 24th August

give over, the self proclaimed champs elect expected to take nothing from a poor rye house?? Righto :)

ah the grown man with megaphone syndrome.... Look at me, look at me everybody.... I crave attention,..Cringe :)... Edinburgh has one aswell sadly.

You leave kenny alone, every team has one, Kenny is ours, think on the bright side he will only visit you once in a season, he is at Berwick every week. :party::party::drink::drink: :drink: :drink::cheers:

You leave kenny alone, every team has one, Kenny is ours, think on the bright side he will only visit you once in a season, he is at Berwick every week. :party::party::drink::drink: :drink: :drink::cheers:

Kenny is brilliant
  • Like 2

As a native the result and performance was fine, was good to see one of my favourite riders Kevin Doolan have a decent meeting today, twice ending up on his bum he rattled up a good few points and should have had a couple more in the last race but for bad luck. Shame the geezer with the megaphone on the first bend could only hurl abuse at Silver from a distance yet probably was too frightened of an Octogenerian to say it to his face but then no surprises there i spose

Uncle Len isn't the only one, he can hurl abuse at home aswell, he does not hold back if he thinks something is out of order, ask our promotion,

Kenny is brilliant

Is he using too much makeup again, I have told him not to put the glitter in. :D

Shame the geezer with the megaphone on the first bend could only hurl abuse at Silver from a distance yet probably was too frightened of an Octogenerian to say it to his face but then no surprises there i spose

Light hearted banter, not abuse.

Shame the geezer with the megaphone on the first bend could only hurl abuse at Silver from a distance yet probably was too frightened of an Octogenerian to say it to his face but then no surprises there i spose

Considering I was 2 sat 2 persons away from him I can state you're talking absolute $h1t€... abuse my arse. .. It was light hearted banter which not 1 person around, including Rye fans, took offence to. Had 1 of your club officials say that they wish more fans could make some noise/atmosphere like that...

• Like 1

Considering I was 2 sat 2 persons away from him I can state you're talking absolute $h1t... abuse my arse. .. It was light hearted banter which not 1 person around, including Rye fans, took offence to. Had 1 of your club officials say that they wish more fans could make some noise/atmosphere like that...

If you want to hear him abused come over and stand on the start line terrace after another home defeat
  • Like 1

Uncle Len isn't the only one, he can hurl abuse at home aswell, he does not hold back if he thinks something is out of order, ask our promotion,

Our promotion doesn't make mistakes, we were told that last week. ;)

Our promotion doesn't make mistakes, we were told that last week. ;)

On a serious note, they are not doing to bad so far this season, it may have taked 5 years for it to sink in, but so far so good. As someone pointed out r.r. shows up a weakness in the team in depth mode, if P.W. was still in charge I am sure a temproray rep-lacement would have been found under the circumstances regarding The Playoffs.

On a serious note, they are not doing to bad so far this season, it may have taked 5 years for it to sink in, but so far so good. As someone pointed out r.r. shows up a weakness in the team in depth mode, if P.W. was still in charge I am sure a temproray rep-lacement would have been found under the circumstances regarding The Playoffs.

Surely on most tracks, Bellego, Doolan, Jensen and Kus (potential multiple rides) is a more than adequate r/r for Matthew Wethers? Only at Edinburgh, Rye is it not so hot.

Maybe Wethers will be back for Play-offs we will Qualify anyway.

Don't think qualification is the problem, it's what happens in the play offs you need to worry about

Whethers is aiming to be back this Saturday for our match with Redcar.

Surely on most tracks, Bellego, Doolan, Jensen and Kus (potential multiple rides) is a more than adequate r/r for Matthew Wethers? Only at Edinburgh, Rye is it not so hot.

In a Play Off situation against the obviously stronger teams, I think it leaves us a bit week, as it all depends on which of the above 4 are there, e.g the Jensen that drops only 1 point or the one that scores a duck, not picking on Steen only used him as an example.

Don't think qualification is the problem, it's what happens in the play offs you need to worry about

To be honest its just nice to be competing this late in a season, over the last few seasons our PL position hasn't been great and our season has normally been all but over long before now. I have now expectations of winning the Play-Offs.

To be honest its just nice to be competing this late in a season, over the last few seasons our PL position hasn't been great and our season has normally been all but over long before now. I have now expectations of winning the Play-Offs.

Rye House scraped into the 2007 play offs thanks to Birmingham not completing their fixtures before the cut off date. Thankfully Sheffield knocked out table toppers Kings Lynn (the Edinburgh of the day) and faced us in the final, where they were duly put to the sword. You never know.... Edited by Shadders