British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Starman2006

Somerset Rebels V Peterbourgh Panthers 29/ 8/ 14

That's how a speedway meeting should be run, get on with it with no messing around. Well done the ref. Despite the score some good racing, I don't think any team can live with the Rebels at the moment they are on fire

• Like 1

Totally agree with rustyre bel1 the REBELS are head and shoulders above anyone and are on Fire. Great team performance, especially my favourite Charles Wright. :t::rofl::party:

Welcome to my fan club. As a new member you recieve an Abacus colouring book a dot to dot book and some colouring sticks..

My perogative as to what where and how i post..

And yet you started the thread off by saying "shame on you" to Somerset fans because they have chose not to start a thread - what a complete contradiction and the same usual drivel from you.

Onto tonight's match, I can honestly say that is one of the best meetings I've seen this year I think in terms of close racing, some races were just unreal. Matter of fact, I'd go as far to say the racing served up this season has been the best for many a year - certainly helped by the type of riders in our side for sure.

• Like 3

Agree that r/r for Brady may not be the answer to getting to the play off final. However just noticed that Brady is now third in the green sheet averages so Nick, Pontus. Charles and a reserve can takes his rides which will help especially away from home.

Another stunning performance from the rebels tonight especially Pontus and Charles. Peterborough well what can I say we're pants...

well done to the rebels and the devils on both there wins tonight as the results went the way for the diamonds.. a few more results like this will do even tho we may get in by the play off cut off date some may say we don't deserve it but some of the early season bad luck we had I doubt if any fans would begrudge us a spot

That's how a speedway meeting should be run, get on with it with no messing around. Well done the ref. Despite the score some good racing, I don't think any team can live with the Rebels at the moment they are on fire

Yeah the ref rushed through the early heats, why on earth did they have an interval after heat 12 and the tractors come out for 10 minutes with rain in the air??. They could have easily completed heat 15 if they just ran straight through, ridiculous decision! This denied what was a a good crowd, on a damp night, an extra heat.

And yet you started the thread off by saying "shame on you" to Somerset fans because they have chose not to start a thread - what a complete contradiction and the same usual drivel from you.

Onto tonight's match, I can honestly say that is one of the best meetings I've seen this year I think in terms of close racing, some races were just unreal. Matter of fact, I'd go as far to say the racing served up this season has been the best for many a year - certainly helped by the type of riders in our side for sure.

The racing was pretty good considering the scoreline and glut of 5-1 the Rebels racked up. The scoreline flattered Peterborough as their 5-1 would never have happened had Olly not pulled up when someone flashed as camera. Good job he was almost the length of a straight ahead at the time as no accident was caused! Rebels were on fire and on that showing and the new GS averages from next Friday i can't see the RR being a problem for them. That team has a great team spirit going again this year!

There was a couple of brilliant passes tonight from the Rebels boys, Wrighty made a couple and poor ld Dryml was mugged by Todd's divebomb and them gave Pontus a big elbow which still didn't stop him sailing past!

Seen two home meetings this year so far and currently I think the overall scoreline of both is something like Rebels 127 Opposition 47!! The racing tonight was miles better than the Rye House match though.

Roll on next Friday and our Golf day followed by another home win against the Bandits, although Pontus won't be there due to Swedish Final.

Well done Rebels . Panthers hang your heads in shame.

Well we certainly haven't gone to see that pants of a display.

Well no...it certainly wasn't the display that was needed. Very disappointing!

Well,that was a lucky victory for the Waspels last night...and if the Panthers had shown as much commitment as we did getting to the bar all night,would`ve made for a far better encounter...lol

Charles Wright`s move in heat 12 I think,that was the ride of the night for me....

As for the red light incident,and the ice bucket challenge,my daughter came out with a classic comment,I won`t put it on here at the moment,I`ll let Womble see if he can remember it... :lol::o

Should be easy win for Rebels. Not sure about the decision to go with R/R for Brady, the club press release said ,"The rest of the team feel they are riding well enough to be able to cope." However it's not "The rest of the team" who will be taking his rides Nick and Olly can't and R/R only got 3+1 away against a weak Peterborough side.

I assume Rebels are counting on having first choice against the opposition in the Play Offs and Brady will be back in time for final. The forecast was 5 or 6 weeks but even 5 weeks means he will miss the first two home Play Off dates on Rebels calendar. Rebels safe at home but Play Offs are aggregate score, so can only hope there are no rider injury's during a match and the four who can take R/R don't have an off night.

Personally I would have gone for a much safer bet, and signed someone on a temporary basis, but possibly no one was available at the correct average. I would be surprised if Gary has not done a deal with someone to step in, just in case.

As just pointed out by Gusworld, with new averages Nick can now take an R/R, something I did not realise when I posted the above, so R/R not so much of a disadvantage now, I have no doubt that Gary knew this when making his decision.

What a pure an utter tripe performance. Anyone else getting bored of Johnson max points or else speech, it ain't gonna happen, so chill out.

• Like 1

A good result for the Rebels last night, but not unexpected. I have know doubt that Edinburgh will win their remaining fixtures, but the Rebels need to keep winning and keep shoving the presure on Edinburgh.

Really, ah the voice of Somerset finally speaks.. :rofl: I don't see you tapping the keyboard to start a thread, might be called lack of interest.. Top of the league going great guns and Garry yet again, puts out a team worth following. What did i say at the start of the season, to all those moaners? Have faith in Garry. Seems you have little faith, or little interest..

A good result for the Rebels last night, but not unexpected. I have know doubt that Edinburgh will win their remaining fixtures, but the Rebels need to keep winning and keep shoving the presure on Edinburgh.

Really, ah the voice of Somerset finally speaks.. :rofl: I don't see you tapping the keyboard to start a thread, might be called lack of interest.. Top of the league going great guns and Garry yet again, puts out a team worth following. What did i say at the start of the season, to all those moaners? Have faith in Garry. Seems you have little faith, or little interest..

All not starting a thread shows is a possible lack of interest in BSF, not necessarily a lack of interest in any particular club.....there have been a number of occasions this season when a meeting thread has either not been started or has been done so late on by other folk who seem to think that interest in a meeting can only be gauged by whether or not a meeting thread has been started.

All not starting a thread shows is a possible lack of interest in BSF, not necessarily a lack of interest in any particular club.....there have been a number of occasions this season when a meeting thread has either not been started or has been done so late on by other folk who seem to think that interest in a meeting can only be gauged by whether or not a meeting thread has been started.

Just very suprised mate given the clubs prominance in the league that nobody has the forsight to start a thread. Its not the first time its happened. The voice of Somerset :rofl: comes on here and has a go at all and sundry, but forgets to start a thread. Very strange.. Still, takes all sorts i suppose. Hope the dunkings went well last night, and Debbies thawed out.. :D