British Speedway Forum
Edward Barrett

Eastbourne V Kings Lynn, 6th September.

This may be Eastbournes last ever home meeting.

A club that has had a great tradition of producing good international riders;

Dave Jessup, Bobby Mcneiel, Gordon Kennett, runner up in 1979(?) World championship.

Many more riders have started their careers at the track, and gone on to become established stars at a higher level.

Other established star riders have ridden here;

Ronnie Preston, Bobby Schwartz, and of course multi world champion Nicki Pederson.

If this is to be the Eagles swan song, please make it a glorious one by turning out in great numbers.

Eastbourne Eagles, possibly yet another great team to join that sad list of great speedway tracks, lost but not forgotten.

This may be Eastbournes last ever home meeting.

A club that has had a great tradition of producing good international riders;

Dave Jessup, Bobby Mcneiel, Gordon Kennett, runner up in 1979(?) World championship.

Many more riders have started their careers at the track, and gone on to become established stars at a higher level.

Other established star riders have ridden here;

Ronnie Preston, Bobby Schwartz, and of course multi world champion Nicki Pederson.

If this is to be the Eagles swan song, please make it a glorious one by turning out in great numbers.

Eastbourne Eagles, possibly yet another great team to join that sad list of great speedway tracks, lost but not forgotten.

It's been there last match for the last twenty years . no offence but a season would not be the same without Eastie saying they might not be running the next year .

• Like 6

benji compton replaces blackbird for this crucial match ffs, what a load of total rammel this years league is

• Like 1

It's been there last match for the last twenty years . no offence but a season would not be the same without Eastie saying they might not be running the next year .

Think you may find this time round it may well happen.

BD is in his 70s, his health is not good, hospital stays with heart problems. For the past few seasons he has been subsidising the club out of his own pocket, ok he is in the fortunate position to do it, but there comes a time when enough is enough.

Like him or not, you can not fault him for his tenacity in keeping the sport alive in this part of the country, speedway needs promoters like him.

Hopefully someone will come in and continue the club, if not the "Eagles" will join that dark list of former clubs now sadly no more.

• Like 2

Not sure it been quite that bad. Yes there was a period of 4 or 5 years where it looked bad. Each time someone stepped in, Terry Russell, Bob Brimson and martin Hagon stepping in each time and Bob consistently putting in when he needed to.

I believe this really is it this time though as I cannot see them queuing up to buy/promote the club.

It will be a very sad day on Saturday. What will make it worse is not actually knowing.

Riders Please Please Please come round the stock car track to say goodbye after the meeting whether you win or lose

• Like 1

Not sure it been quite that bad. Yes there was a period of 4 or 5 years where it looked bad. Each time someone stepped in, Terry Russell, Bob Brimson and martin Hagon stepping in each time and Bob consistently putting in when he needed to.

I believe this really is it this time though as I cannot see them queuing up to buy/promote the club.

It will be a very sad day on Saturday. What will make it worse is not actually knowing.

Riders Please Please Please come round the stock car track to say goodbye after the meeting whether you win or lose

First of all your going to make the play offs so it won't be the last match . As I said all the other stuff you go about we have all seen before We are closing has become boring and even more so when it's 20 times in a row before the amazing turn about that you will run after all . See you next season .

First of all your going to make the play offs so it won't be the last match . As I said all the other stuff you go about we have all seen before We are closing has become boring and even more so when it's 20 times in a row before the amazing turn about that you will run after all . See you next season .

If the EL stays in it's current format I doubt that very much. Never mind the riders coming around please can we give the riders a track they can actually race on and provide some decent entertainment rather than go out (if that's what it is) with a wimper!

If Benji guests for Eastbourne, who is guesting for King's Lynn in place of Lambert?

Probably Stokes again.

Easy peasy for the Eagles regardless.

Good luck to the Stars down at that ####hole, hope it continues after this season for the sake of the Eastbourne fans but if it doesn't I personally won't miss it or BD :o

1. Bjarne Pedersen, 2. Timo Lahti, 3. Cameron Woodward, 4. Joonas Kylmakorpi, 5. Mikkel Michelsen, Benji Compton (G), Danny Halsey

Kings Lynn Stars

1. Kenneth Bjerre, 2. Mark Lemon (G), 3. Scott Nicholls (G), 4. Nicklas Porsing, 5. Rory Schlein, 6. Lewis Kerr, 7. Ben Morley (G)

1. Bjarne Pedersen, 2. Timo Lahti, 3. Cameron Woodward, 4. Joonas Kylmakorpi, 5. Mikkel Michelsen, Benji Compton (G), Danny Halsey

Kings Lynn Stars

1. Kenneth Bjerre, 2. Mark Lemon (G), 3. Scott Nicholls (G), 4. Nicklas Porsing, 5. Rory Schlein, 6. Lewis Kerr, 7. Ben Morley (G)

i'm disapointed to see the choice? of reserve for blackbird. with nicholls and morley in i don't think it will hurt the stars much. we're making the trip across as it might be the last for us but i fear the trip home will feel like every mile. it's being so cheerful keeps me going.

At least Eastbourne can go out on a high note..... :t::t::t: :t: :t: