British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington V Somerset 06/09/14 (pl)

Two meetings only get 12 heats,fixing or what! Hope joe is ok

A comment in very poor taste to say the least given the nature of the two accidents which occurred, one in each match. I think credit should be given to Workington promotion and the co-operation of both the Glasgow as well as the Somerset management present last night which ensured the fans who were present did get to see both matches get as far as they did.

• Like 3

Fair play to you stato, mega journey for you guys, must have been a late return to Somerset?

Fair play to you stato, mega journey for you guys, must have been a late return to Somerset?

Left Glastonbury at 9.15 am, back home in Glastonbury at 4.45 am next morning....two detours on M6 coming home due to over-night closures for road works. But whilst there was a potential mega disaster in that The Curzon Grill in Maryport is no longer open on Saturday's and Sunday's, we found a very nice alternative eating establishment just by the harbour-side in Maryport so that particular food-related disaster was thankfully averted!

what makes you think there isnt plans to hold the workington v edinbrugh match before the cut off date

theres nothing offical but ive heard a possible date

In this weeks Star in the Monarchs column it says "Away matches at Workington and Sheffield will now NOT be before the cut off."

In this weeks Star in the Monarchs column it says "Away matches at Workington and Sheffield will now NOT be before the cut off."

Just supposing then, if the Comets get into the play offs and are picked by Edinburgh, would our home leg not be suitable to run as a double header hence clearing the league fixture from the calendar at the same time, would save struggling to find another date especially as Edinburgh are involved in other competitions as well that also need to be settled?

Two meetings only get 12 heats,fixing or what! Hope joe is ok

A comment in very poor taste to say the least given the nature of the two accidents which occurred, one in each match. I think credit should be given to Workington promotion and the co-operation of both the Glasgow as well as the Somerset management present last night which ensured the fans who were present did get to see both matches get as far as they did.

Totally agree Statto. Clearly a posting that was made from the Mythos induced fogs in Crete

Piper and Harrison riding for Workington in the first match and then against them in the Somerset match just enforces the gathering opinion amongst fans that speedway is now just a re launch of the old TV It's A Knockout. The result won't make any difference to Somerset finishing top as Edinburgh will have two away League matches after the cut off date, one of them against Workington.

Obviously all that jiggling from constantly riding that old hobby horse has affected your eyesight Howard :P

Think it was a tongue in cheek posting

No it wasn't :D

Just supposing then, if the Comets get into the play offs and are picked by Edinburgh, would our home leg not be suitable to run as a double header hence clearing the league fixture from the calendar at the same time, would save struggling to find another date especially as Edinburgh are involved in other competitions as well that also need to be settled?

I think you misunderstand Oldtimer's comments there M'lud. Surely if you read his original posing (at the top of this reply), his point was that Edinburgh may not amass enough points to top the league, as they will not complete the fixtures in time, and not that they won't complete all there fixtures per se.

Edited by womble53

Totally agree Statto. Clearly a posting that was made from the Mythos induced fogs in Crete

Obviously all that jiggling from constantly riding that old hobby horse has affected your eyesight Howard :P

No it wasn't :D

I think you misunderstand Oldtimer's comments there M'lud. Surely if you read his original posing (at the top of this reply), his point was that Edinburgh may not amass enough points to top the league, as they will not complete the fixtures in time, and not that they won't complete all there fixtures per se.

Well that doesn't really matter my friend, the top two teams get to pick their opposition in the play off not just the league leader!! ;)

No, it was just an idea to suggest that if all things considered, and a perfect scenario ensured Comets are in the play off, would it not make sense, (if picked by E,boro) to keep them at DP and run the PL fixture as well rather than wait and arrange another time, nothing more, nothing less?

My apologies if my original post didn't convey that message properly!! :oops:

Well that doesn't really matter my friend, the top two teams get to pick their opposition in the play off not just the league leader!! ;)

No, it was just an idea to suggest that if all things considered, and a perfect scenario ensured Comets are in the play off, would it not make sense, (if picked by E,boro) to keep them at DP and run the PL fixture as well rather than wait and arrange another time, nothing more, nothing less?

My apologies if my original post didn't convey that message properly!! :oops:

I think it could make a big difference - I'd imagine we want to avoid Ipswich at all costs in the initial play off mini groups.

I think it could make a big difference - I'd imagine we want to avoid Ipswich at all costs in the initial play off mini groups.

Yeah from your point of view that is fair comment, you haven't done particularly well there this time round whereas we haven't done particularly well anywhere, (stands by and waits for the "wot about Rye result"), and I'm clutching at straws!! :D