British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Rye House V Edinburgh (pl) 6/9/14 @ 7.00pm

Even Berwick couldn't throw away this lead, surely.

Cheque book speedway is the winner

Edited by Shadders

Cheque book speedway is the winner

Do explain Shadders!!

Real eye opener tonight. Edinburgh are where we were 8 or 9 years ago. Now we're a laughing stock, while Silver seems happy to let teams come here and humiliate us. It's obvious the place is being run down for closure.

Anyone who thought anything else apart from that would happen was clearly having a laugh!

laugh

Real eye opener tonight. Edinburgh are where we were 8 or 9 years ago. Now we're a laughing stock, while Silver seems happy to let teams come here and humiliate us. It's obvious the place is being run down for closure.

It's sad watching it from afar. I remember going to Rye House in 2003 and being over the moon we had managed to get a draw - it just didn't happen at Rye House back then! A few years later you were the envy of every club - good teams, owns your own stadium, had a CL/NL team so your future looked great. How could it go so wrong?

It's a shame that Rye House seem to be in a downward spiral, not been for years, the last one was probably the year Shadders refers to when Rye hammered Berwick in a table topping meeting. Hopefully if Uncle Len is giving up then someone can come in and rejuvenate things.

Tonight, I expected a 6-8 away win but to score 59 away from home is exceptional, Monarchs back in top form after a quiet wee spell ;)

• Like 1

It's sad watching it from afar. I remember going to Rye House in 2003 and being over the moon we had managed to get a draw - it just didn't happen at Rye House back then! A few years later you were the envy of every club - good teams, owns your own stadium, had a CL/NL team so your future looked great. How could it go so wrong?

It's Newport all over again. At least you went out on a high. We've had a slow steady death

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Big hit for Ole blue eyes aka Litle Len

Looked like there were more cars in the car park than fans there tonight.

Very professional display from the Monarchs tonight, with everyone chipping in.

Cook was head and shoulders above everyone

Sedgemen solid, good pass in heat 1

Fricke looked fast. Nice ride to repass Kennett who had steamed past Max on back straight

R/R definitely strengthened Monarchs tonight (no offence to Steve W intended but when you can replace someone who started the season on a 3 with the likes of Cook and Masters....)

Sam some clever first bends saw him through to a great score

Aaron looked very competitive and more than did his job

Deek apart from one ride when he was off the pace was excellent

For Rye Kennett was made to look ordinary, Garrity looked like a world champion when he had fresh air ahead of him. Boxall awful, Barrett worse, Greenwood promising. Most entertaining Rocket was Bowen who put 100% into every race and got probably the biggest cheer of the night for passing Fox in heat 2.

If Monarchs have ideas of winning the league this was the sort of fixture they needed to do the job in and they more than did so. There will be much tougher tests to come in the playoffs but this will have done the teams confidence the world of good.

Rico

Edited by Rico
  • Like 2

No track grading at all during the meeting last night.

Is this normal at Rye nowadays?

Does it save money?

Have to say in fairness though the track seemed to ride well all evening.

Mostly gate & go but maybe Monarchs were just too sharp from the gate?

Cookie was very fast. Untroubled all night - made it interesting in 1 heat by letting the Rye boys gate first then picking them off with nonchalant ease.

Kennett wasn't. Pretty dire all night when I had expected him to score nearly a max.

Sam Masters rode some great second bends.

Max Fricke was steady but unspectacular apart from his pass on Kennett.

Justin Sedgmen again steady and unspectacular.

Deek did better than I expected. Still slow but kept to his lines and picked up a decent score though I think his slowness resulted in Bowen catching Aaron Fox on the last bend in heat 2.

And Foxy rode very well - gated well and rode with aggression. Promising. Much better than Dilger!!

Garrity showed some fight (the right kind this time!).

Won his races comfortably when he gated though it kinda looked like Monarchs were happy to fill the next places rather than give chase.

Bowen likewise showed some good spirit.

Boxall?? Must be a nightmare having him in your team. How many did he score at Redcar? And then he produces this crap. Even Aaron Fox beat him comfortably.

Barrett - what can I say? Absolute pants.

Greenwood tried hard but he was so much better on my previous visit to Rye when he was with Peterborough.

What a dismal place Rye is nowadays.

Could hardly hear the PA on the first bend.

No atmosphere at all.

Crowd looked better than I expected but not great.

Spirally downwards.

And now, the end is near;

And so I face the final curtain.

My friend, I'll say it clear,

I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.

I've traveled each and ev'ry highway;

And more, much more than this,

I did it my way.

Big hit for Ole blue eyes aka Litle Len

Sadly for Rye House Speedway, Silvers my way aint working.

Kennett was the real disappointment last night - he struggled to keep on the pace mind you so did most of the Rye team!!

End of season can't come quick enough and then we have the winter to speculate.

• Like 1