British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Rye House V Edinburgh (pl) 6/9/14 @ 7.00pm

I thought you would have learned your lesson with regards to the cider with the stuff I got you a few week's ago....but then again, drink a couple of pints of it :drink: :drink: and then you'll easily forget what you've just endured watching at Rye House :sad: ...instant remedy...until the headache kicks in afterwards!

I shared my 2 litres with a couple of mates Ian. You don't feel it as you're downing it, it's very drinkable.

I should've bought more really. No headache in the morning, but a definite feeling of bleeeeergh!!!

Lovely stuff though. You're lucky to live so close.

Edited by Shadders

Went along to my first meeting at Rye House in years last night, and bared witness to a scenario almost reminscent from my days as a kid watching Oxford during their Elite League demise.. in terms of performance, facilities and attendance. Although on a slightly different note, a great team effort from Edinburgh, deserved the win through and through.. Cook and Masters both rode fantastically! Garrity also rode well for the Rockets, great effort on heat 9 in particular.

It is a shame, as the team and facilities at Rye, clearly still have a lot of potential.. as do the Raiders MDL side (which was a very entertaining second half to watch against Coventry!)

Hopefully things can turn around for Rye over the coming months, the most important thing being, to encourage more local support for the club and the sport.. I'll certainly be returning more frequently.

Looked like there were more cars in the car park than fans there tonight.

Very professional display from the Monarchs tonight, with everyone chipping in.

Cook was head and shoulders above everyone

Sedgemen solid, good pass in heat 1

Fricke looked fast. Nice ride to repass Kennett who had steamed past Max on back straight

R/R definitely strengthened Monarchs tonight (no offence to Steve W intended but when you can replace someone who started the season on a 3 with the likes of Cook and Masters....)

Sam some clever first bends saw him through to a great score

Aaron looked very competitive and more than did his job

Deek apart from one ride when he was off the pace was excellent

For Rye Kennett was made to look ordinary, Garrity looked like a world champion when he had fresh air ahead of him. Boxall awful, Barrett worse, Greenwood promising. Most entertaining Rocket was Bowen who put 100% into every race and got probably the biggest cheer of the night for passing Fox in heat 2.

If Monarchs have ideas of winning the league this was the sort of fixture they needed to do the job in and they more than did so. There will be much tougher tests to come in the playoffs but this will have done the teams confidence the world of good.

Rico

looked like eddie kennett was not happy with his 2 motorbikes, watching him in the pits he went from one bike to the other then back again.

looked like eddie kennett was not happy with his 2 motorbikes, watching him in the pits he went from one bike to the other then back again.

Not many pass Edward once he's ahead

His bikes looked slow last night and certainly was slow out the gate. Plus the track was very slick and he's always struggled on slick tracks.

Words fail how embarrassing that was for the home side. Consistently out gated and out ridden. Silver should be embarrassed like all the fans were, but will he be? I'd doubt it. He's given up.

Fair play to the sweaties, at least their promotion have a go each season and put decent sides together and show a bit of ambition.

The trick with speedway is to pick your team and hope for the best simple as that!

The way Edinburgh built their team (bar Cook) was based upon potential of riders and as its worked out all have had a fantastic year.

Same could be said of Rye House as far as I see it only EK & JG have really delivered at any consistency this year and only one wants to be there. The rest all have potential and didn't deliver. If Box, Bowen & Lambo had delivered what they are capable of then who knows?

Yes the Nelson / Tres situation went horribly pear shaped & Bunny blows far colder than hot but they weren't no hopers just non deliverers...............if they all hit a little form and confidence (Bunny aside) the same 1-7 could win the league next year!

The trick with speedway is to pick your team and hope for the best simple as that!

The way Edinburgh built their team (bar Cook) was based upon potential of riders and as its worked out all have had a fantastic year.

Same could be said of Rye House as far as I see it only EK & JG have really delivered at any consistency this year and only one wants to be there. The rest all have potential and didn't deliver. If Box, Bowen & Lambo had delivered what they are capable of then who knows?

Yes the Nelson / Tres situation went horribly pear shaped & Bunny blows far colder than hot but they weren't no hopers just non deliverers...............if they all hit a little form and confidence (Bunny aside) the same 1-7 could win the league next year!

I thought so at the start of the year. When the Rockets beat the Panthers at the Showground in that first meeting I thought it could be 2007 again, Can't believe how things have fallen apart.