British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees V Eastbourne Eagles 12/09/2014

It seems Barker will be fit but ride for Plymouth while I've just seen that Michelsen has tweeted he is now finished for the season. With Woodward and Blackbird also out Eastbourne will be severely depleted. Any other Bees riders missing?

Edited by woz01

Question I would ask, I see Woz01 says Barker riding for Plymouth I assume he means on Friday, I realise Barker has only just returned to the Bees but he is a Coventry asset as I understand it should mean that he rides for Coventry (the owners of his contract) rather than PL, interested to read views of other people.

Question I would ask, I see Woz01 says Barker riding for Plymouth I assume he means on Friday, I realise Barker has only just returned to the Bees but he is a Coventry asset as I understand it should mean that he rides for Coventry (the owners of his contract) rather than PL, interested to read views of other people.

Weird one this. That seems to have happend in some cases. But I'd argue that this meeting is in effect a "re-arranged" meeting to Barker. His Plymouth meetings should come first.

Interesting as in Plymouth pr on bspa website. They are using lasse bjerre on Thursday at Ipswich and have Eddie Kennett guesting for them on Friday.

I read a post on Facebook that he will be riding at Plymouth on Friday so might not be accurate.

Edit: Neil Watson confirms on FB that Ben will not be riding for Coventry or Plymouth on Friday.

I asked this question when he signed but people have given different answers. Edited by woz01

I'd sooner have Max Fricke anyway..If he's available.of course.

Also, can one of the stattos help me out with Hansens average please?

I'm hoping we can bounce back from last night and show those Robins we're not totally useless ;)

I'd sooner have Max Fricke anyway..If he's available.of course.

Also, can one of the stattos help me out with Hansens average please?

I'm hoping we can bounce back from last night and show those Robins we're not totally useless ;)

Max is riding in a double header at Edinburgh.

As for Kenneths average, before yesterday, http://speedway-stats.co.uk/Rider/539 Without bonus points he's averaged 5.09 this season.

Rumoured Eagles line-up for Friday:

Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb... + R/R

Couldn't do any worse than the shower we've had representing us for the last 35 away defeats...

Guaranteed 6 points and nice confidence boost for the Bees after the poor performance at Swindon...

Edited by FromRebelToEagle
  • Like 9

Rumoured Eagles line-up for Friday:Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb... + R/RCouldn't do any worse than the shower we've had representing us for the last 35 away defeats...Guaranteed 6 points and nice confidence boost for the Bees after the poor performance at Swindon...

sorry, but barney McGrew is doubling up for trumpton on Friday night!
  • Like 5

Rumoured Eagles line-up for Friday:Hugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb... + R/RCouldn't do any worse than the shower we've had representing us for the last 35 away defeats...Guaranteed 6 points and nice confidence boost for the Bees after the poor performance at Swindon...

Mrs Honeyman & Mrs Dingle lined up for heat leading duties as the promoters go for the final push at getting a play-off place

Just learned from an official source at the Stadium the Curfew for Friday night is 10.30pm, hopefully 3 and half hours is enough time to complete both meetings. Let's hope it is run with more efficiency than we have seen in the past. I note according to the programmes that we still have two meetings outstanding I.e. Home to Wolves, away to Belle Vue, nothing has been mentioned about these meetings!

Get those two missing meetings in and we can still, possibly, finish top. Win the 4 home meeting would give us 63 points. Assuming Lynn and Poole win their home meetings they'll get 65 for Lynn and 62 for Poole. Lynn have to go to BV and Leicester, Poole have to go to Leciester and Coventry have to go to BV.

Even 2nd wouldn't be the end of the World if whoever is 1st losing their semi, we'd then have the pick of home/away in the final.

Get those two missing meetings in and we can still, possibly, finish top. Win the 4 home meeting would give us 63 points. Assuming Lynn and Poole win their home meetings they'll get 65 for Lynn and 62 for Poole. Lynn have to go to BV and Leicester, Poole have to go to Leciester and Coventry have to go to BV.

Even 2nd wouldn't be the end of the World if whoever is 1st losing their semi, we'd then have the pick of home/away in the final.

Blimey your optimistic this morning!! Not counting on Poole winning next monday then?