British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Witches V Devils Ko Cup Semi Final 11-9-14 @ 7-30pm

Plymouth except Newman were shocking! Outgated nearly every time, with the races over by the first lap. Strange thing is that only Manzares went unbeaten! Harsh in Worrall tonight, gated in third heat, tried to push Devils wide but ended up going to last, then in heat 13 took avoiding action to not be collected by Franc but was excluded from rerun! There will be speedway next week at Foxhall, just don't know who yet!

Well done to Manzares on his max, pity that Risager spoilt his full one(unlike Hawkins did for Tungate the previou week)

Thank you Kyle Newman for ensuring there was at least some contest.

The Devils were truly shocking and sadly 25 points flattered them!!

Wasn't the most exciting of meetings but was exactly what needed to be done in the first leg of a cup semi ! Only a couple of decent races and not much passing going on really . My only real gripe about tonight was Richie W getting excluded when he was clearly taken down by Franc in ht 13 but I don't think it made much difference in the grand scheme of things .

Bizarrely an identical score to the Somerset one in the previous round , let's hope for a third one in the final whoever we may face ( probably Edinburgh ) and some proper silverware to show for it ! Hang on , I think I'm getting a tad ahead of myself there .

Let's just enjoy the win and hope for a comfortable and injury free passage to the final in the return leg .

• Like 1

Given that the 2nd leg of the Glasgow/Newcastle QUARTER final isnt scheduled until Sept 28th it could be a long wait for the final.

Given that the 2nd leg of the Glasgow/Newcastle QUARTER final isnt scheduled until Sept 28th it could be a long wait for the final.

Quarter Final ... Otherwise known as the Second Round :-)

In the desperate hunt for silverware, it must be the sponsored £100,000 prize that's spurring them on.

Job done! Thought Bjerre was superb, really getting stuck in and well deserving of his call up for a guest booking. The Plymouth management must be thrilled at their astute choice.

Edited by Roland

Am probably showing my ignorance here ( or blind optimism ) .....

Is there a cash sum for the winners of the KO cup?

Am probably showing my ignorance here ( or blind optimism ) .....

Is there a cash sum for the winners of the KO cup?

Im afraid its blind optimism.. :wink:

Though most other Sports seem to find sponsors of Major Trophies, this again shows the lack of leadership by the BSPA, in that they have never come up with a Sponsor for the 2nd most important Competition in British Speedway. Maybe next season we could have The Bet365 KO Cup.. with a prize fund of maybe 5k to begin with thou 10k would be more realistic, 1 grand each to the riders, the rest to the Club.

Whoops i just woke up..

Edited by greyhoundp

2nd leg tonight, obviously a forgone conclusion, hence no new thread. Just hope our lads get through it unscathed.

agree - no heroics needed. However once the goggles go on often the brain clicks into race mode and they cant help it!

Is there anyone going to this meeting (the second leg) who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

agree - no heroics needed. However once the goggles go on often the brain clicks into race mode and they cant help it!

As our TM said though, " we need to go there to win, we have to keep winning mentality going"
  • Like 1