British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry V Poole ( Good V Evil) 15/9/14 Sky Meeting

Looking at the riders listed sitting at tapes and watching the races I thought how is that worth £2 more on the gate than Peterborough?

3 of the riders are in the GP challenge and would've been 4 had Pawlicki been fit! You seem to forget both sides had injuries!

Oh and I forgot it was a tenner last night!

Come on then Watson, tell us how many there were if you know? 500 tops ...

Was more than that! I don't know what people expect when it's on Sky.

Edited by woz01

Because at Peterborough you are watching washed up ex el second strings/reserves as heat leaders and no hope foreigners that have tried and failed in pl before at reserve.

Didn't seem a lot different to that dross last night tbh although the packed terraces would suggest that you know what you're talking about.

• Like 1

Looks like you have all cooled your interest in Max Fricke for next year!!

• Like 2

Looking at the riders listed sitting at tapes and watching the races I thought how is that worth £2 more on the gate than Peterborough?

Well it was actually cheaper than Peterborough last night as adults were a tenner and kids free, shame Peterborough don't do these deals and the programme was 2.50 not 3 quid like it is at Peterborough and it was a programme not a paper insert in a old programme from months ago like the last time i was at Peterborough.

Garrity needs to cut out this gating malarky. Kyle Newman was making some perfect starts, Garrity was just letting the clutch go after 2 seconds and hoping for the best.

Well it was actually cheaper than Peterborough last night as adults were a tenner and kids free, shame Peterborough don't do these deals and the programme was 2.50 not 3 quid like it is at Peterborough and it was a programme not a paper insert in a old programme from months ago like the last time i was at Peterborough.

Newcastle Sky match was £5 and if you'd have been there Sunday you'd have got a paper insert for your July 18th programme (no idea how much they charged mind?). I assume you're having a dig at Rick Frost as per usual.

Something Garrity said last night was that he counted to three and let the clutch go, he was lucky not to break the tapes as I understand that once the ref presses the tapes up button there is a variable timer delay. This is to stop the riders getting used to how long the ref takes to let the tapes up after the green light has come on.

• Like 1

Something Garrity said last night was that he counted to three and let the clutch go, he was lucky not to break the tapes as I understand that once the ref presses the tapes up button there is a variable timer delay. This is to stop the riders getting used to how long the ref takes to let the tapes up after the green light has come on.

Newman said the same.

Newcastle Sky match was £5 and if you'd have been there Sunday you'd have got a paper insert for your July 18th programme (no idea how much they charged mind?). I assume you're having a dig at Rick Frost as per usual.

Didn't know Frost was still in charge, why would i have a go at him, never have before. You were at Newcastle sunday when your own team were at home to rye house! Always think programmes are very expensive, 2 pounds is plenty enough, 2.50 just acceptable, 3 pounds unacceptable especially for premier league, most football top tier clubs only charge 3 quid and there is several times the amount of information in them compared to a normal speedway programme.

I've only paid £3 once at Peterborough and that was for the bumper bundle on Sunday 24th August which also covered the double header on the 26th.

The double headers on 2nd and 9th September were charged at £2.50.

Hansen what a twit if that was a Poole rider this forum would be in meltdown by now[/quote ]

No it wouldn't so why put such a daft post!!

YES it would have gone into meltdown and you know this is true.

Edited by mandy7162

Maybe luring Poole or King's Lynn to pick them in the play-offs rather than having to face Swindon which looked on the cards before the meeting.

The track may well be different in the play-offs.

I must admit that did cross my mind too. Give Poole the 4 points let them finish top and choose Coventry, only for the Bees to show their true colours and track.

I've only paid £3 once at Peterborough and that was for the bumper bundle on Sunday 24th August which also covered the double header on the 26th.

The double headers on 2nd and 9th September were charged at £2.50.

Fair enough, obviously i don't go to to Peterborough that often!

Don't know why i am defending Coventry!!