British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

Sacking Riders After The Team Changes Deadline?

Only speedway fans...

Complain about riders taking the piss, picking and choosing meetings and clubs let them get away with it.

Clubs take a stand... complain again its not right.

• Like 3

The point I was originally making was that Leicester should not be allowed a facility tonight as they sacked a rider knowing they could not replace him, hence what's the point in sacking him! It would seem to me to be a case of cutting of your nose to spite your face.

The point is he was in the wrong. I agree they should get no facility but I don't necessarily disagree with the sacking of a rider just because there only 1 meeting left or it means no facility.

Only speedway fans...

Complain about riders taking the piss, picking and choosing meetings and clubs let them get away with it.

Clubs take a stand... complain again its not right.

It's called a debate. Not everyone has to agree with each other all the time especially under changing circumstances.

If I was a Leicester fan, I would rather have kept Mads in as with him in the team, they'd have more chance of winning tonight than they have without him and without a facility.

• Like 1

But what if he dosent turn up, they would be knackered them.

Ha ha good point!

But in all seriousness, Mads is not that kind of rider. I've had the pleasure of watching teams with him in for a few seasons now and he is not the sort of guy who goes missing meetings at the drop of a hat. That's not Mads.

There is a right way to handle these things, and gobbing off on the microphone after you've been beaten at home just to make one person a scapegoat is not the right way IMO.

This is the best thing that British speedway has done this year that is to show these EU riders that they can't come over here and use us when and when they want to ride for us.

If they miss mettings here then ride abroad the following days they should be banned from riding over here all together.

It was about time the promoter took the stand and showed them where to go.

The issue is not the sacking of the rider, but to do it with only one match to go. was the point I was trying to make.

Its not that long ago when Mads was their saviour and top scoring most matches.....I'm thought sacking was the last option not the first...

So if ran a shop and someone stole out of the till the day before they left you would let it go ? He took the total piss out of the lions so they quite righty sacked him .

It cracks me up people moaning all the time about taking the mickey out of uk clubs but the moment they take action people are up in arms about it .

Ha ha good point!

But in all seriousness, Mads is not that kind of rider. I've had the pleasure of watching teams with him in for a few seasons now and he is not the sort of guy who goes missing meetings at the drop of a hat. That's not Mads.

There is a right way to handle these things, and gobbing off on the microphone after you've been beaten at home just to make one person a scapegoat is not the right way IMO.

But he is thou in a 4 day period he rode in Poland Sweden and Denmark but somehow missed his uk match ..the facts are quite clear he put the lions last

• Like 4

Made was messing Leicester about.

Probably worried about getting drenched in Leicester like your girlfriend

Ha ha good point!

On one hand I agree with you, where the moral high ground is lost is that so many riders are allegedly not being paid on time and therefore it works both ways. If promoters carry out there part of the bargain and pay ALL their riders ALL they are due on time and in full then they of course have the right to hold the moral high ground

If they do not then I am sorry but they deserve to be messed about

In this case I have no idea and am not suggesting there is an issue but the point stands

What surprises me (actually it doesn't) is that other team's fans think these sacked riders should still guest for them.

Unbelievable!

• Like 3

What surprises me (actually it doesn't) is that other team's fans think these sacked riders should still guest for them.

Unbelievable!

Because the sacked rider is still in their 1-7. As proved tonight by the fact they dont have a guest for him but a sub-6 point PL rider.

Because the sacked rider is still in their 1-7. As proved tonight by the fact they dont have a guest for him but a sub-6 point PL rider.

So - sacked because of a lack of loyalty to British speedway and rewarded with guest bookings?? No wonder this sport is a joke with all the self interest !

• Like 3

That's a consequence of the Play Off system unfortunately.....its come down to a shoot out over four legs so teams are going to want the strongest guests whoever they are.

So if ran a shop and someone stole out of the till the day before they left you would let it go ? He took the total piss out of the lions so they quite righty sacked him .

It cracks me up people moaning all the time about taking the mickey out of uk clubs but the moment they take action people are up in arms about it .

But he is thou in a 4 day period he rode in Poland Sweden and Denmark but somehow missed his uk match ..the facts are quite clear he put the lions last

A typical post one comes to expect from you. Always the negative guilty angle......

How many times has Mads let the Lions down this year, How many times have the Lions let Mads down. Your example about your Shop has nothing to do with it. You, like me, know nothing of the situation, only the fact he has been sacked with one match to go. No doubt this has harmed Leicester far more than it has Mads and with a bit more thought about the whole situation, probably this could have been sorted before mouthing off. to all and sundry .

If you want to crucify Mads for riding abroad, there are others far worse than him...... Lets ban the lot of them....... :t:

A typical post one comes to expect from you. Always the negative guilty angle......

How many times has Mads let the Lions down this year, How many times have the Lions let Mads down. Your example about your Shop has nothing to do with it. You, like me, know nothing of the situation, only the fact he has been sacked with one match to go. No doubt this has harmed Leicester far more than it has Mads and with a bit more thought about the whole situation, probably this could have been sorted before mouthing off. to all and sundry .

If you want to crucify Mads for riding abroad, there are others far worse than him...... Lets ban the lot of them....... :t:

And your posts about the play offs are positive are they ...pot, kettle, black . you been crying like a 2 year old for the last 2 weeks about them

The facts as they stand is that .Mads was sacked as he choose to ride all over Europe rather than for the lions 'Are you saying that he never has mads Said that's not the case If other riders do the same and there clubs turn a blind eye then that's there look out that does not make Lions wrong or Mads right does it ?

Edited by orion