British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Maybe he's in line for Vice Chair???

You cannot be serious

A man with his finger on the pulse, who, more than anyone else, has the insight into what constitute exciting racing and slick, entertaining presentation. A man who can work with all types of people and keep them on board as they work collectively towards the common good.The visionary we've all been waiting for. DH can save British speedway!

• Like 2

A man with his finger on the pulse, who, more than anyone else, has the insight into what constitute exciting racing and slick, entertaining presentation. A man who can work with all types of people and keep them on board as they work collectively towards the common good.The visionary we've all been waiting for. DH can save British speedway!

Just keep him away from any Track Design :wink:

• Like 3

He would just love that job. Can see him as vice chairman,

He would just love that job. Can see him as vice chairman,

Looks like he'll have to make do with '1st reserve' for the MC!!

Well said. Whether you mean it or not doesn't matter. He does feel these things even if people like you feel otherwise. After all, we do live in a democracy.

Looks like he'll have to make do with '1st reserve' for the MC!!

But only if it's a fast track reserve :D

Well said. Whether you mean it or not doesn't matter. He does feel these things even if people like you feel otherwise. After all, we do live in a democracy.

That's the problem. What we need is a visionary Dictator

I see that there is one optimist on the Lion's Facebook page asking if the season ticket will cover the playoffs. Apparently it will!

Well, there's a three-in-seven chance of a playoff place next season (that's on the basis of Poole being assured in advance).

So DH didn't get quite what he was angling for at the AGM, then. Now we wait and see what Wozniak's assessed average will be. I've a feeling DH could be disappointed again.

I see that there is one optimist on the Lion's Facebook page asking if the season ticket will cover the playoffs. Apparently it will!

I believe the poster said 'if they make them'

You have to start on a positive note or what's the point?

Edited by TMW

So, if the fixtures now allow Saturday Speedway, on non GP weeks, Doyle and wozniak, Stead, Klindt, Buckowski, Blackbird and Clegg... How's that for a slice of fried gold???????

I believe the poster said 'if they make them'

You have to start on a positive note or what's the point?

I will be more positive when I know who is in the team. At the moment all we have is a Pole who has no Elite League experience. I certainly would not think about buying a season ticket until I knew who was going to be in the team!

• Like 1

So, if the fixtures now allow Saturday Speedway, on non GP weeks, Doyle and wozniak, Stead, Klindt, Buckowski, Blackbird and Clegg... How's that for a slice of fried gold???????

With that team you'll have more wooden spoons than Delia Smith soon!

You're not really serious are you!

• Like 1

Stepping up the charm offensive with Doyle and getting Wozniak's average settled have to be the first things to get sorted. We'll find out who's available for the reserve places sometime over the next couple of weeks, i'd guess. If DH is expecting Wozniak to be assessed at 4.00 as per Milik last season, he might be a bit disappointed but i'm sure he's trying to swing it, a-la Ford!!

The rider I would like to see in Lion's colours next season is Bjarne Pedersen who is presumably available due to Eastbourne having withdrawn. Each time he has raced at Leicester he has been a revelation. Not always winning his races but he showed hat he has no fear of the track and gave us some very exciting performances. His efforts in trying to come from the back put many riders to shame because they simply give up when they are at the back.

I just hope that he hurries up and gets the team together and announce very soon or we will end up as per last year with a last minute dash to get 4 riders that was left out by the other teams. We had Doyle signed early on but never heard a thing again for weeks, lets hope that the team will be sorted out or riders approached well before the end of this month.

Get in there and get the riders you want for a good team that can top the league, not the gregs that noone else wants to even have in their team.

I know Simon Stead did a great job this season but along with him and Josh Bates they where missing to many meetings having to ride for Shefield. I still think that the riders should have prority to their EL and not to the PL club.