British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Someone needs to give Leicester fans their own TV show

I imagine it would look a bit like Benefit street characters. :P

Josh Auty it is then ?

Well I was at the undet 15's which he won (in style) he said and I quote. My aim is to be World Champ so that should give you hours of belly laughs

Well I was at the undet 15's which he won (in style) he said and I quote. My aim is to be World Champ so that should give you hours of belly laughs

Josh Auty's average from matches round Leicester is 6.88 from 6 matches and Simon Lambert is 5.16 from 13 matches. If they maintain that average we will be ok and i cant see any reason why they shouldn't

• Like 1

You mean riding on the very edge of their respective abilities? If so, does that mean they ride harder than their skill level and end up in positions on track they shouldn't be? Or because they don't respect the throttle hand? Because constantly falling and getting injured cannot be good for their confidence, or health or bank balance!!

It's not riding above your abilities, but trying to overtake is always more risky than settling for 2nd, 3rd. Josh Auty is a racer, who never gives up.

Saw him pull off some great moves in a dead rubber for Scunny at Rye this year, and got applauded by all. It's riders like Josh who put bums on seats. Wish him all the best for 2015

• Like 1

Someone needs to give Leicester fans their own TV show

They are quite shocking aren't they

Luckily not all lions fans are so moronic but I do agree that eveyone has an opinion

With regard to a our own TV reality show what about

' I'm not a celebrity but I may be a Tool get me outta here '

Is there any more anyone can conjure up?

Shirl

Josh Auty's average from matches round Leicester is 6.88 from 6 matches and Simon Lambert is 5.16 from 13 matches. If they maintain that average we will be ok and i cant see any reason why they shouldn't

I don't think I said they wouldn't. LionKing seems to have a problem with kids havung goals just wondered what he thought of Auty's

• Like 1

You mean riding on the very edge of their respective abilities? If so, does that mean they ride harder than their skill level and end up in positions on track they shouldn't be? Or because they don't respect the throttle hand? Because constantly falling and getting injured cannot be good for their confidence, or health or bank balance!!

What would you rather have a gating tart,? we all know his gating is a hindrance but ask the Scunny fans there can't be many riders that make more moves and make regular passes.

The huge difference is that Josh Auty had a clear talent for speedway at 15.

Luke Whitehead plays at it then gives it the big one 24/7 claiming to be a speedway rider

I don't think I said they wouldn't. LionKing seems to have a problem with kids havung goals just wondered what he thought of Auty's

I don't think you can use Premier League averages to work out how well riders will do in the Elite League. Just as a by the way Tom Perry had a better Elite League average last season than Simon Lambert but the Lions got rid of Tom so what do you make of that?

Would have preferred Clegg to Lambert. Just checked their averages for 2014 - Lambert 4.13 (3.5 ex bonus points), Clegg 3.47 (2.87).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_xbYO97X1g

clegg v lambert @ Leicester .Max made a massive improvement towards the end of the season. well done max and all the very best for 2015..

Doyley in Leicester today according to his facebook page!!!!!!

Yes youn Max really got his act together at the end of the season shame he isn't coming back. I wish him the best of luck for the 2015 season. Hope he doe's well in the future and I hope also that a PL side gives him a chance to get his career, another step along the speedway road. You never know, we just may see him back at the Lions again soon.

It looks very much like Jason Doyle will be riding for us again next year, from comments made on the Internet and the fact that he has come or coming to Leicester, just hope it is to come and sign for the Lions, we need him he was outstanding at No1 this year.

If so that just leaves 3 more names to finish off the team.

Edited by weatherwatcher
  • Like 1

So Lambert has apparently signed for Workington. What was Hemsley thinking picking a rider who won't be available for home meetings?! :D