British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

With the season due to start in a couple of weeks, I wonder why the delay in announcing the final rider?

With the season due to start in a couple of weeks, I wonder why the delay in announcing the final rider?

In case they might have to make another change???? :wink:

Might it be because they do not have one yet

They have got to hurry up unless they want more egg on their faces at Press and Practice Day three weeks tomorrow!

[/quote

If however they really do have someone signed up why are they not simply saying so. They do not need to say who it is until they are happy to do so.

It seems very silly and rather childish, that if they have already got a rider lined up, then why don;t they just make a statement on the clubs website, to say that they have the last rider but are holding on for a week or so before announcing who it is, at the same time when they know the outcome of Jason Doyles visa application.

Because surely if the management have their wits about them, they will have already got another rider lined up just in case Jason gets turned down, which I very much doubt, though nothing is certain with the issuing authorities.

Wht all the stalling, it would make the fans happier just knowing that they have the last rider sorted out, even without a name, because as said above, they would all be caught with egg on their faces if they fail to have a full team turn up on the first practice and press day, they would get a right slagging off, can see it now. Headlines

THE LIONS ARE STARTING THEIR SECOND YEAR IN THE ELITE LEAGUE. BUT ALL WE CAN TELL YOU IS THAT THEY ARE GOING TO TRY AND WIN THE LEAGUE WITH 5 RIDERS. HAS THEY HAVE FAILED TO FIND 2 RIDERS. AS THERE IS STILL DOUBT ABOUT JASON DOYLES VISA.

It doesn't bear even thinking about. Come on DH pull your socks up and show us you mean business this year with 7 riders that are worth their salt riding for us.

It seems very silly and rather childish, that if they have already got a rider lined up, then why don;t they just make a statement on the clubs website, to say that they have the last rider but are holding on for a week or so before announcing who it is, at the same time when they know the outcome of Jason Doyles visa application.

Because surely if the management have their wits about them, they will have already got another rider lined up just in case Jason gets turned down, which I very much doubt, though nothing is certain with the issuing authorities.

Wht all the stalling, it would make the fans happier just knowing that they have the last rider sorted out, even without a name, because as said above, they would all be caught with egg on their faces if they fail to have a full team turn up on the first practice and press day, they would get a right slagging off, can see it now. Headlines

THE LIONS ARE STARTING THEIR SECOND YEAR IN THE ELITE LEAGUE. BUT ALL WE CAN TELL YOU IS THAT THEY ARE GOING TO TRY AND WIN THE LEAGUE WITH 5 RIDERS. HAS THEY HAVE FAILED TO FIND 2 RIDERS. AS THERE IS STILL DOUBT ABOUT JASON DOYLES VISA.

It doesn't bear even thinking about. Come on DH pull your socks up and show us you mean business this year with 7 riders that are worth their salt riding for us.

Calm down,calm down,don't fall out your wheelchair! Things will be revealed when certain issues are sorted out.
  • Like 2

Don't panic Weather watcher it is all in hand with the deal done and am confident the team will confirmed very soon,

There has been some circumstances outside of Leicester not the visas that has delayed the announcement and has meant some other options have had to be considered so that the very best and competitive team rides for Leicester.

• Like 2

Calm down,calm down,don't fall out your wheelchair! Things will be revealed when certain issues are sorted out.

Berk!

• Like 2

Don't panic Weather watcher it is all in hand with the deal done and am confident the team will confirmed very soon,

There has been some circumstances outside of Leicester not the visas that has delayed the announcement and has meant some other options have had to be considered so that the very best and competitive team rides for Leicester.

my guess is they are just trying to work out whether they can name No3 all time Leicester sporting hero and ex cycle speedway world champion David Hemsley as Lions 3rd heat leader and are just clarifying what average he might come in on. Am i close? Edited by volty
  • Like 1

Think the loss of major sponsors so close to the start of the season is why the last signings haven't been announced yet. Think Mr Hemsley should be cut a bit of slack on this one

Like flagrag says above my understanding is everything is in place but there is a delay in announcement because they are assessing the best options for Leicester Speedway including making changes to riders who are already signed to fit the last rider they perfer in.

• Like 1

Like flagrag says above my understanding is everything is in place but there is a delay in announcement because they are assessing the best options for Leicester Speedway including making changes to riders who are already signed to fit the last rider they perfer in.

This is interesting. Would be nice if they themselves could assure us that all is well.

BarrowBoy- Unfortunately in sport that is not how it works you only announce your targets and plans until you have them signed sealed and delivered for example you don't hear Leicester Tigers saying we are talking to Dan Carter,Owen Farrell as if it don't happen it just disappoints fans.

The situation in Speedway is also different as if the rider is coming from another track like at Leicester you have to wait until they are happy for you to announce the rider as their fans may be expecting them in their team.

It has not been helped this winter that Poole have had the Darcy Ward situation so have been keeping riders hanging on and not allowing other clubs to sign assets. along with the Leicester management also wanting to avoid using any double up riders in the 1-5 to prevent fixture clashes which is a good idea to me.

Finally there has been riders being indecisive about whether they want UK racing one min they do next they don't and then change their minds again I know of 4 riders that have done that to clubs this year and only 1 has actually ended up signing for a UK club.

All in all it has been a challenging winter for team building for all clubs but am sure if this final option turns out how I expect Leicester should have a very strong top end to the team

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 1