British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Which they are not...otherwise we would have a win or two under our belts or at least closer results and a point on the table. I have no problem with the owner and employer making sure his team get the message. Thats good management and not something to be critical of. Lets see what happens over the next few meetings. BTW I understand Doyley rates DH highly as a promoter so I do not think there will be too much harm done there...not sure he feels the same about the team manager.

That says more about DOYLE than Hemsley

Can't see Norrie being there much longer. May be wrong, but I think the writing is already on the wall. If they lose many more meetings he will be gone. And not before time. Don't think he should have been back this season, there are far better guys out there, that know how to work alongside the riders not pull against them.

Who do you think would be better? :unsure:

It would not be a bad shout to get Phil Morris. Not sure if he would miss to many Saturday meetings with his GP role this year. But do they not run the EL when it is GP night. He is one person who knows how to get the riders to work well together.

Just don't like Norries attitude towards the riders. Not sure how anyone at work would feel if you under perfomed and the works manager, put an article about you in the local paper, instead of having you in the office and telling you face to face.

No different.

• Like 1

It would not be a bad shout to get Phil Morris. Not sure if he would miss to many Saturday meetings with his GP role this year. But do they not run the EL when it is GP night. He is one person who knows how to get the riders to work well together.

Just don't like Norries attitude towards the riders. Not sure how anyone at work would feel if you under perfomed and the works manager, put an article about you in the local paper, instead of having you in the office and telling you face to face.

No different.

Are you the oracle! How do you know he's not telling them to their face.....I would bet good money on the fact that Norrie doesn't take any prisoners when it comes to a showdown. Edited by mrcts

No different.

I'd say Norrie is Teflon man. If there is one thing he is good at it's PR. Edited by TMW

No different.

The fans should know, they pay the riders wages!

Can't see Norrie being there much longer. May be wrong, but I think the writing is already on the wall. If they lose many more meetings he will be gone. And not before time. Don't think he should have been back this season, there are far better guys out there, that know how to work alongside the riders not pull against them.

They should have got rid of him last year,the abuse he gave to all his riders,especially the reserves was pathetic for a so called "team manager" with his alleged experience.the bloke is a complete fool looking out only for himself.£££..Helmsley is an even bigger fool for believing all his ####.

They should have got rid of him last year,the abuse he gave to all his riders,especially the reserves was pathetic for a so called "team manager" with his alleged experience.the bloke is a complete fool looking out only for himself.£££..Helmsley is an even bigger fool for believing all his ####.

Ah diddums......the poor riders can't get criticised......typical of modern day Britain where everybody seems to be offended,what happened to taking it on the chin......who said the Bulldog spirit was dead!

It makes me laugh about these comments regarding Norrie he is straight talking and you know exactly where you stand with him.

All riders know exactly where they stand with him and that is the respect he has got. There is none of what other managers do praise a rider in the program or press then sack them 24hrs later if Norrie is unhappy he will tell you about it. I like the way as well that he always talks to the fans and never shys away from awkward questions

• Like 1

At times after the meeting when he talks to the fans he talks a load of Bull. As I said a manager should not air his washing out in the press, it should be done behind closed dors face to face with the team.

• Like 1

At times after the meeting when he talks to the fans he talks a load of Bull. As I said a manager should not air his washing out in the press, it should be done behind closed dors face to face with the team.

Talk about a load of Bull.

I reckon you are the World Champion in that department!

• Like 1

Talk about a load of Bull.

I reckon you are the World Champion in that department!

Weatherwatcher, where do you sit/stand when you spectate at Leicester......?

What do Leicester have in the way of available help in the pits from people with recent experience and knowledge of speedway bikes and tracks (apart from the riders), and how to get the best out of them? This is where having a team manager and/or promoter who can man-manage and knows the mechanical and track side of things, is worth his weight in gold?

Who do Leicester have, with anything approaching this skill set?