British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

nightshify you beat me to it. Glad to see the Monarchs have given him the chance to ride in the PL, it may just be what he needs without all the hastle of the EL.

This season he came good towards the end of the season and I can see him only gaining in bettering his riding skills, with them, he was to young to soon for the EL, I think at the start of the season he was just a bag of nerves and he was scared of not doing good enough racing in the EL. You only have to look at the way he rode in the NL and he wasw beeting the same riders he was doing so poorly against riding for the Lions.

With the right promoter and the right backing I think Max could make a name for himself in British if not world speedway in a few years time.

Best of luck to him for 2015, jsut hope he keeps improving and not fail has so many young British riders have done in the past.

• Like 4

nightshify you beat me to it. Glad to see the Monarchs have given him the chance to ride in the PL, it may just be what he needs without all the hastle of the EL.

This season he came good towards the end of the season and I can see him only gaining in bettering his riding skills, with them, he was to young to soon for the EL, I think at the start of the season he was just a bag of nerves and he was scared of not doing good enough racing in the EL. You only have to look at the way he rode in the NL and he wasw beeting the same riders he was doing so poorly against riding for the Lions.

With the right promoter and the right backing I think Max could make a name for himself in British if not world speedway in a few years time.

Best of luck to him for 2015, jsut hope he keeps improving and not fail has so many young British riders have done in the past.

Think Max will find it tough in the PL, he will have a fair few tougher rides, and be bullied all the way round, not just first 30 yards... He will have to toughen up and perhaps work on his upper body strength between now and the start of the 2015 seasons......

No just a bit of off season fun, no harm in it.

Seems like my harmless fun is not far off the mark....got Harris and King right for Coventry and Nicholls for Belle Vue....

5.00 assessed average for Wozniak because he has already ridden in professional leagues abroad.

Milik came in on a 4.00 because he had not ridden in a professional league before .

Well that's how i understand these complex rules anyway

Edited by lionking

Its a crap system because it doesnt take into account World U21, SWC or GP qualifying. Milik should never have been a four, nor should any foreign rider really. Would make it a minimum six for any new foreigner coming to the EL and if they don't reach that figure they can only come back on that six.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 2

I reckon Leicester could put together a half-decent side if they get their act together:

Jason Doyle (8.44)
Troy Batchelor (7.58)
Przemyslaw Pawlicki (6.75)
Mads Korneliussen (5.95)
Szymon Wozniak (5.00)

Not Mads again please...

Thomas h jonasson? 5.69 could have a gp rider as a 2nd string :P

Thomas h jonasson? 5.69 could have a gp rider as a 2nd string :P

Wouldn't want him either! When was the last time he completed a full season in the UK EL?

He is another one that uses our EL as a place to practice when the Euro hasn't started or Just finished, and always misses EL meets when poorly, but still manages to drag himself from his sick bed to ride Poland etc..

THJ? No thanks...

not much speculation on here re 2015 team building. Very quiet from the Lions promotion with no indication on who or when any signings will be announced?

Very difficult to be enthusiastic about the 2015 season with so little information coming out of the club to keep supporters interested and generate season ticket sales.

Common David / Norrie give us something specific to look forward to!

• Like 1

not much speculation on here re 2015 team building. Very quiet from the Lions promotion with no indication on who or when any signings will be announced?

Very difficult to be enthusiastic about the 2015 season with so little information coming out of the club to keep supporters interested and generate season ticket sales.

Common David / Norrie give us something specific to look forward to!

They have no EL assets so they need to wait for other teams to be completed

So it boils down again to, we get the ones that the other teams don't want. Why should they have to sit and wait for the other teams to pick and choose their own wants before we then have to go and look at a pile of old washed up riders that are past their sell by date, riders that come for a few weeks ubtil their own leagues start racing, or young riders who have no EL experience, no way at all to make a pick for an EL that can can be up there with the likes of Poole, KL the Bee's etc.

Get in there first and make them an offer the least they can do is turn you down.

With riders being self employed, this issues of club assets is rubbish to say the least. It should be up to each individual rider where he wants to ride. Unless the team that has made him an asset are payining him a big wad of cash for staying with them.

Come on we have been waiting far to long to hear who are going to be in next years team, it is only a matter of three and a half months away now. The season has been finished nearly that long now and all we know about are one young Polish rider and to FTR.

I keep checking every day on the Lions site but nothing changes, surely the management could give us at least an update about the things the club are doing at the worst once a month better still every couple of weeks. But what do we get nothing at all.

Not Mads again please...

Fair enough.

How about Nicklas Porsing (5.68), Kim Nilsson (5.63), Kenneth Hansen (5.50), Ryan Fisher (5.39) or even Peter Karlsson (6.12)

What a secondstring Karlsson would be!

Think Nick will be a lynn rider ;)