British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

It is going to be a huge hill for all the motor sports that have lost the sponsership of Rapid to find new sponsers, not just The Lions. When you look at the superbikes the Lions are just small fry really. But the way the climate is how many big companies have the extra in the coffers to spend out on sponsering motor sport, the superbikes are looking for a far site bigger funding than any speedway club doe's.

What is the chances of the Lions getting the services of Majic now that he has been given the heave ho by Poole, a good rider going to waste in my opinion as he rode his heart out last season for them. Not sure what happened there but I think it was more than, Poole are actually saying.

Please enlighten us all as to where you read/heard that then?!

• Like 1

Magic is one of Fords best friends in speedway, god help how he treats his enemies then.

Magic is one of Fords best friends in speedway, god help how he treats his enemies then.

That's not true that is certainly twisting his words to suit you agenda.

What Norrie said is the lack of strength at reserve cost us matches which no-one can deny is the truth.

Max Clegg was in the EL 1 or 2 years too early & Tom Perry just not upto it .

This year will be much better imo

who will NORRIE ALLEN blame for this years poor showing then now they've got one of the best reserves.last years disaster was all down to the young kids.

• Like 2

That's not true that is certainly twisting his words to suit you agenda.

What Norrie said is the lack of strength at reserve cost us matches which no-one can deny is the truth.

Max Clegg was in the EL 1 or 2 years too early & Tom Perry just not upto it .

This year will be much better imo

imo also the reserves WILL be better this year,totally agree with you on that,however the crap mr allen said about max,tom and josh was imo no way to speek to young kids trying there best.At the end of the day it was supposed to be about helping the up and coming YOUNGSTERS,if that's how you encourage the kids theres no wonder british speedway is in the mess its in.Finally it was Norrie and david that picked them as with the rest of the team.

hopefully one day all three of them will make it big in the sport (if there is a sport left) .best of luck to them this coming season.

imo also the reserves WILL be better this year,totally agree with you on that,however the crap mr allen said about max,tom and josh was imo no way to speek to young kids trying there best.At the end of the day it was supposed to be about helping the up and coming YOUNGSTERS,if that's how you encourage the kids theres no wonder british speedway is in the mess its in.Finally it was Norrie and david that picked them as with the rest of the team.

hopefully one day all three of them will make it big in the sport (if there is a sport left) .best of luck to them this coming season.

Who said professional sport was easy?Tom Perry will never be more than a Premier League reserve at best,Clegg and Bates are still very young and have got a reasonable chance of making it.

They might have all been trying there best but as in all workplaces if you are not cutting the mustard you get a bollocking or the sack!

Max really picked up his game in the last few meetings and it was shame that he didn't get a second chance, I agree that they where to young and to early, but he tried his best and showed that he could up his game in his last few rides he had at the Lions.

The new company that has taken over Rapid have not only cut sponership with the Lions but with sponsership of the British Superbikes.

How many companies are big enough or with enough money or the interest to sponser any various branches of motor sport. It is a hard world out there, yes nice to see your companies name splashed on banners at the meeting on the TV and in the rags, but they will have to be in the right business to warent spending monet on sponsership if it actually gives your company very good returns.

Would you use a certain solicotor, just because they sponser the Lions or Brithish superbikes very much doubt it.

So it will be the right sort of sponser that can hopefully get some of of good returns from being a sponser.

Finally it was Norrie and david that picked them as with the rest of the team.

How much involvement did Norrie have on the draft selections? The draft was done November 2013 & Norrie took over officially Feb 2014 & was said to have been working in the background "for a few weeks".

How much involvement did Norrie have on the draft selections? The draft was done November 2013 & Norrie took over officially Feb 2014 & was said to have been working in the background "for a few weeks".

Norrie has taken the blame for the choice. He said so at one of the latter meetings.

agree, though the last signing will determine whether they are genuine play off contenders. But can't see why they are being written off, outside the pretty much unanimous top 4 pick (bv, kl, cov and poole) I think they are arguably the best of the rest . certainly look stronger than wolves and lakeside imho

Its only Robert who is writing them off as usual

The Leicester promotion gets a fair bit of stick on this forum so I think we should give them a pat on the back for having the names of two worthy charities on the team kevlars, at least for the start of the season!

So you think the team look like title challengers then ? Lol

Why the delay in naming the 3rd heat leader ?

not really, the bookies have them at the longest odds of any team...

It is going to be a huge hill for all the motor sports that have lost the sponsership of Rapid to find new sponsers, not just The Lions. When you look at the superbikes the Lions are just small fry really. But the way the climate is how many big companies have the extra in the coffers to spend out on sponsering motor sport, the superbikes are looking for a far site bigger funding than any speedway club doe's.

What is the chances of the Lions getting the services of Majic now that he has been given the heave ho by Poole, a good rider going to waste in my opinion as he rode his heart out last season for them. Not sure what happened there but I think it was more than, Poole are actually saying.

Irrespective of the chance they wont be able to use him unless they release Doyle or Bjarne...

Which bookies as haven't seen any odds out yet?

I've been on every betting website I can think of.......10 companies at least and I can't find any of them offering odds for the elite league,how can they offer odds if the teams are not complete and several Aussies might not be here for the start of the season?
  • Like 1

Which bookies as haven't seen any odds out yet?

I see that bomber is the bookies least fave to win the 2015 world championship at 100/1 and 3 places above him is jason Doyle at 25/1

• Like 1