British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

I hope Mikkel Michelsen Recovers from His Injury as quick as Possible and returns to action as soon as Possible

As usual nothing on the Lion's web site about this. I hope that the management have learned their lesson from last season and get a replacement quickly rather than rely on RR, especially as three of his rides will have to be taken by the reserves.

Edited by Happy Hunter

Does Lewis Bridger fit? He might be free if the promotion provide him with a couple of bikes, a van and a map of how to get to Beaumont Park. :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 3

As usual nothing on the Lion's web site about this. I hope that the management have learned their lesson from last season and get a replacement quickly rather than rely on RR, especially as three of his rides will have to be taken by the reserves.

Only 2 rides from the reserves isn't it? Walasek and Wozniak can take RR rides for Michelsen.

On RL this morning they said a guest to cover at lakeside. MM has said he hopes for 3 weeks. Maybe a bit optimistic but wouldn't miss too many.

Theres a couple of decent guest options out there on that average tbf.

In order to protect the reserves it was agreed last season that if a 1 to 5 rider was injured and unable to complete his 4 rides his remaining rides could be taken by other team members. I was informed that if a rider got injured in his second ride then his remaining 2 rides could be taken by any 2 riders with lower averages but if he was injured in his first ride then it could be one above and 2 below. On Friday Leicester thought they could use Walasek, Wozniak and Josh Auty but after a complaint from Coventry that Walasek was not eligible the referee disallowed this. What is the rule? Does anybody know?

Does anyone know if Lions will be allowed a guest facility for Jason Doyle when he rides in the world pairs for Australia? He'll miss 2 meetings ( 11th April v Belle Vue & 9th May v Coventry). So it looks like we'll be without both Doyle & Michelsen for the B.V meeting, not a good start to the season.

In order to protect the reserves it was agreed last season that if a 1 to 5 rider was injured and unable to complete his 4 rides his remaining rides could be taken by other team members. I was informed that if a rider got injured in his second ride then his remaining 2 rides could be taken by any 2 riders with lower averages but if he was injured in his first ride then it could be one above and 2 below. On Friday Leicester thought they could use Walasek, Wozniak and Josh Auty but after a complaint from Coventry that Walasek was not eligible the referee disallowed this. What is the rule? Does anybody know?

17.9 An INJURED RIDER REPLACEMENT (IRR)

Is a Facility that allows one certified injured Rider’s (#1-#5) remaining programmed rides

(including a ride in which he was unable to re-start but was not disqualified - FN) to be taken

by other Team Members (including any Guest Riders), providing the Team is not already

using RR and subject to:

17.9.1 The injured Rider not having completed 3 Rides

17.9.2 Only one position per Team may be declared as IRR.

17.9.3 All Riders with an MA below the Injured Rider may take one IRR ride each.

ATB

Dave

Injured RR (i.e. need arrises during meeting) = riders with only same or below injured riders average can be used.

normal RR (i.e. need known prior to meeting) = 1 rider above missing rider can be used, all other rides to be taken by same or lower average

Does anyone know if Lions will be allowed a guest facility for Jason Doyle when he rides in the world pairs for Australia? He'll miss 2 meetings ( 11th April v Belle Vue & 9th May v Coventry). So it looks like we'll be without both Doyle & Michelsen for the B.V meeting, not a good start to the season.

As far as I know the rule hasn't changed so would be a 6pt PL rider. However Ward will have returned to racing for the last 2 meetings so it will depend if they still use Doyle.

This is just the start with Jason missing 2 meeting due to the Ausie pairs, how many more will he miss if they get through. Hope not to many or we will be back to where we where last year, struggling a the foot of the table again.

This is just the start with Jason missing 2 meeting due to the Ausie pairs, how many more will he miss if they get through. Hope not to many or we will be back to where we where last year, struggling a the foot of the table again.

what do you mean by "if they get through"? If you are talking about the pairs these are not qualifying meetinga.

All depends on if he is selected for the other 2 rounds