British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2015

Lets call a spade a spade here, it's always risky signing either Adam Roynon or Oliver Allen as both have chronic injury records and history shows that both are more likely than not to be spending time on the sidelines each season.

To sign both of them is a huge gamble. When you factor in the amount of meetings important riders will be missing through doubling up (see above), then despite the promotion getting the hump over their long odds to lift the title, you can understand where the bookies were coming from.

I was really looking forward to the season with the team we have but with all them matches with riders missing and Royno getting bashed up has put a real downer on it..if we go r/r and a rider withdraws from meeting we are up against it even more than we already are.

In fact British speedway is a joke...what other sport do u have your team missing because they are riding for another team..in the same country!?..only speedway of course.. And they wonder why our joke of a sport can't attract fans.. My mates laugh when I tell them the rules.

• Like 1

lukas... you mean you understand the rules. perhaps you could tell the bspa about them.

It's normally Allens first race at Ipswich where he gets injured if possible if his past visits are anything to go by

When's he due there?

Certainly looked an innocuous fall that put him out last year.

Lets call a spade a spade here, it's always risky signing either Adam Roynon or Oliver Allen as both have chronic injury records and history shows that both are more likely than not to be spending time on the sidelines each season.

To sign both of them is a huge gamble. When you factor in the amount of meetings important riders will be missing through doubling up (see above), then despite the promotion getting the hump over their long odds to lift the title, you can understand where the bookies were coming from.

You can add young Ollie to that list, he seems to pick up an injury most seasons.

I was really looking forward to the season with the team we have but with all them matches with riders missing and Royno getting bashed up has put a real downer on it..if we go r/r and a rider withdraws from meeting we are up against it even more than we already are.In fact British speedway is a joke...what other sport do u have your team missing because they are riding for another team..in the same country!?..only speedway of course.. And they wonder why our joke of a sport can't attract fans.. My mates laugh when I tell them the rules.

Saved me saying it. This lack of a consistant 7, doubling, trebling, guests, r/r is a real problem - it really doesn't work.

• Like 1

could Bunyan do a job for Pboro as a temporary solution?

Were you a bit shy about asking that question? ;)

Just had a quick look at fixtures until end of April and looks like a return to the patched up Panthers.

Fri 27th March Rye House Home - no Roynon, Simon, Blackbird.

Friday 3rd April Ipswich away - no Roynon, Robert, Blackbird

Friday 3rd Ipswich home - no Roynon, Simon.

Thursday 23rd Redcar away - no Roynon, Robert

Friday 24th Somerset away - no Roynon, Blackbird.

Thanks for the info - you can add me to some of those - Fri 27 no Simon + Blackbird = no me. / Fri 3Apr Ippo away no Blackbird AND no Robert I have changed my mind about making the trip to Suffolk (with Adam out also that's a long drive to see half a team in action imho) as for Redcar and Somerset they don't affect me personally as too far for me to travel in any case but am bitterly disappointed that the team have to travel to those venues with key members missing. That just leaves Fri 3Apr home which I will attend - Roynon missing is completely different injuries happen and although Simon is missing it concerns me much more to have team members 1-5 awol as I prefer to refer to it.

It is such a shame when the team assembled initially looked to have such potential and I fully realise my club are not the only ones affected by the new rules but it's my money and my choice how I choose to spend it. Others will disagree with my thinking I am certain but that's their choice, no doubt quoting the "how lucky I should consider myself to still have a club" phrase which I am, having been attending since Panthers first season in 1970 but the sport I fell in love with as a teenager is so far removed from where it is today I find it difficult to take it as a serious team sport - more a great form of entertainment.

• Like 1

a great form of entertainment, just like the circus when it comes to town. thank god its only once a year..

Just had a quick look at fixtures until end of April and looks like a return to the patched up Panthers.

Fri 27th March Rye House Home - no Roynon, Simon, Blackbird.

Friday 3rd April Ipswich away - no Roynon?, Robert, Blackbird

Friday 3rd Ipswich home - no Roynon?, Simon.

Thursday 23rd Redcar away - no Robert

Friday 24th Somerset away - no Blackbird.

Edited above - Adam hopefully back in 2-3 weeks

That might be a bit too brave for his own good.

could Bunyan do a job for Pboro as a temporary solution?

He may still be in New Zealand