British Speedway Forum

Berwick just signed Ben Barker, on paper he is probably the best signing Berwick have made in 20 years, what do you expect fans to say? :lol:

I know what fans are saying in the real world.

What's typed on here is another kettle of fish!

• Like 1

It's quite amusing the lack of comment regarding from the "strength in depth is the way forward brigade "now that the Promotion seem to be tilting the "other way" this season.Lost for words or waiting to be told what to say to "tow the party line."

I have always been a fan of a team in depth, but if you are going with a No 1, then you have to have 2 of the strongest reserves in the PL. I cannot see that with this line up, it could leave us too weak at reserve, but time will tell.

Last season, no big names, a solid team in depth, and 4th in the PL, for me, speaks for itself.

Edited by TOURETTES

Who’s the last team to have a strong number 1 and two of the best reserves in the league? Must be going back a few years. If you have a good number 1, one reserve can take you a long way.

I have always been a fan of a team in depth, but if you are going with a No 1, then you have to have 2 of the strongest reserves in the PL. I cannot see that with this line up, it could leave us too weak at reserve, but time will tell.

Last season, no big names, a solid team in depth, and 4th in the PL, for me, speaks for itself.

At which point do you think we had strength in depth all the way?

The reason I ask is that I think we could have a similar balance, apart from very strong number 1.

Whos the last team to have a strong number 1 and two of the best reserves in the league? Must be going back a few years. If you have a good number 1, one reserve can take you a long way.

Probably Edinburgh in the past season?

Probably Edinburgh in the past season?

Worral was outstanding, every club would give you their soul for a rider to have a season like he did last year, but Fox? He could pull out a big ride now and then but I wouldn’t class him as one of the strongest reserves in the league. He finished the season with a lower average than Chris Mills!

• Like 2

I know what fans are saying in the real world.

What's typed on here is another kettle of fish!

Where!!!!!

Worral was outstanding, every club would give you their soul for a rider to have a season like he did last year, but Fox? He could pull out a big ride now and then but I wouldnt class him as one of the strongest reserves in the league. He finished the season with a lower average than Chris Mills!

Did Sedgeman and Worrall not begin as the reserve pairing?

• Like 1

If Kus is back which I assume he will be(he did the job he was brought in for last season )he will be under pressure from heat leader berth and he won't get a shot at reserve unless Allen is brilliant and does what Steen done at the beginning of last season.Interesting!.Iwould like to see Vissing back to back up Barker but might not happen if rumours are correct.

Did Sedgeman and Worrall not begin as the reserve pairing?

They did mate, fair point, even still Fox found his way to reserve pretty quickly and Sneddon didn’t really pile in the points I would’ve expected.

I think it is a bit of a fallacy that you need two strong reserves, Berwick’s scores most of last season show that, I don’t think a side with Carr in it has strength in depth!

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

They did mate, fair point, even still Fox found his way to reserve pretty quickly and Sneddon didn’t really pile in the points I would’ve expected.

I think it is a bit of a fallacy that you need two strong reserves, Berwick’s scored most of last season show that, I don’t think a side with Carr in it has strength in depth!

That's what I was referring to earlier. Liam got a pretty fair chance in the team last year, and he did fairly well, but he wasn't one of the stronger reserves in the league.

If Edberg is one of our reserves, I think he can stick a bit on his average, and I don't see the structure of the team being that different except maybe slightly stronger at 1 and slightly weaker at 6.

All depends on who the other signings are.

• Like 1

kus wont replicate vissing's initial form in my opinion.. tougher heat 13 rides as well

Barker could dominate at home meetings week in out and double figure in away matches every time

Then again you never know in Speedway, 2011 was a disaster because we put all of our hopes and aspirations in Gjedde a guy who had been breathtaking in the Shielfield province previous

That's what I was referring to earlier. Liam got a pretty fair chance in the team last year, and he did fairly well, but he wasn't one of the stronger reserves in the league.

If Edberg is one of our reserves, I think he can stick a bit on his average, and I don't see the structure of the team being that different except maybe slightly stronger at 1 and slightly weaker at 6.

All depends on who the other signings are.

Carr scored 1, 0, 3 and 2 in meetings when Berwick hit 49 points or more away from home!