British Speedway Forum

Forget Branford, reports are he is Edinburgh bound - hope they have a big chequebook :D

Confirmed. Is that going to be a loan deal, or a full transfer?

Bl**dy good little rider, would probably increase on his assessed average of 7 aswell.

Fantastic style... watched him against Ostrow (PK, Lahti and Porsing)

Passing and repassing excellent to watch, the race against Bellego is one of my favourite stalks and pass of the present time.

I felt the team was well constructed last season. While it is still early days I hope we can do the same again this year

I would be interested to know why we chose kus/jorgenson/doolan over claus vising if it wasn't on the grounds it was financial

allen on a 7 and pepe franc behave min, what planet do some of our fans live on

Nay wonder we are crap

I would say probably because he averaged 9 at home and 5.68 away from home I wouldn't have wanted him back personally

I wouldn't take Allen on a 7 I'm all for new assets but that's one big gamble

I would love to see Pepe back on that average he would be an excellent second string but his longtrack commitments may prevent us having him back

vissing isn't a number one though, Wonder what his statistics were at No 5 though. Vissing is never going to be top man in the league back he's a solid points scorer in the middle order...

I'll be the first to admit that my knowledge of speedway is infinitesimal, however, my enjoyment is substantial.

Compliments of the season in return!

No kidding. :D

vissing isn't a number one though, Wonder what his statistics were at No 5 though. Vissing is never going to be top man in the league back he's a solid points scorer in the middle order...

Let us down in the big races a lot imo, he was better a 5 no doubt about that but only rode a handful of away meetings at 5 I think which is where I think the problem lies.

If Barker remains a PL No1 then Vissing backing him up as you describe would do just fine.

Let us down in the big races a lot imo, he was better a 5 no doubt about that but only rode a handful of away meetings at 5 I think which is where I think the problem lies.

I do agree

But I think he would a big player at home...he certainly improved last year the number one position maybe a step too far.

Vissing over Kus and Doolan for me every time

• Like 1

I do agree

But I think he would a big player at home...he certainly improved last year the number one position maybe a step too far.

Vissing over Kus and Doolan for me every time

Yeah quality at home and can be a difference maker

I'm a big fan of Doolan but I'd be comfortable with either of them over Kus

It'll be interesting to see if we change the way we build the team now that we've missed out on Kus

Yeah quality at home and can be a difference maker

I'm a big fan of Doolan but I'd be comfortable with either of them over Kus

It'll be interesting to see if we change the way we build the team now that we've missed out on Kus

The one thing about Peter Waite, he always had plan A, plan B plan C plan D, then two or three more options just in case, but he always had damn good knowledge and the contacts all over the speedway world.

• Like 1

The one thing about Peter Waite, he always had plan A, plan B plan C plan D, then two or three more options just in case, but he always had damn good knowledge and the contacts all over the speedway world.

Yeah always respected PW for his management style managed to put a competitive team out most years and he brought some gems in to this league

Seemed to know the rule book inside out as well.

• Like 1

If jake allen is on a 7pt average might have to be plan E . Still a lot of decent riders available so hopefully get our full team announced soon.

Yeah always respected PW for his management style managed to put a competitive team out most years and he brought some gems in to this league

Seemed to know the rule book inside out as well.

Even he made a few mistakes, but he played a few blinders aswell, sometimes a match for Ian Thomas. On the Kus arguament Matej was a Berwick asset under Peter Waite, the rules then were you only had to ride once for a club and the rider became an asset. He rode for Berwick once, then at Glasgow the next day at I think The Ashfield Classic, got his head run over and supposedly came around speaking fluent English ( PW new how to spin a yarn. For some reason he was not declared when Peter sold, and he became a non asset.

If jake allen is on a 7pt average might have to be plan E . Still a lot of decent riders available so hopefully get our full team announced soon.

Think you will find still struggling with Plan A

The ways things are heading i would go with 2 new assessed riders on 7.00 and give them both 12 meetings to get real averages then strengthen for the league starting. It would mean sacrificing the league cup but a price worth paying to get 2 new riders as assets and build from that. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward.

Peter Waite was initially not popular with alot of fans when he declared a team with 3 assessed czech riders in 2001 but it proved to be one of the best things he ever did, time for something similar so we aren't looking around at the start of every season for riders their parent clubs dont want.

• Like 3

The ways things are heading i would go with 2 new assessed riders on 7.00 and give them both 12 meetings to get real averages then strengthen for the league starting. It would mean sacrificing the league cup but a price worth paying to get 2 new riders as assets and build from that. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward.

Peter Waite was initially not popular with alot of fans when he declared a team with 3 assessed czech riders in 2001 but it proved to be one of the best things he ever did, time for something similar so we aren't looking around at the start of every season for riders their parent clubs dont want.

With you there Neil, need some balls to do it though :o