British Speedway Forum

The meetings that have had the larger attendances have been GP Qualifiers and World under 21 Finals, of course more people are going to attend!

It has offered fans from Newcastle, Workington, Edinburgh and Glasgow the chance to see riders that they wouldn’t usually see racing in the North, even attracting 10 or 12 from each track will see an increase in attendance. As well as the increased number of travelling fans selling a guy who appears on TV often is a lot easier to push to someone with minimal interest in the sport.

The lesson learned is, bigger meetings attract more fans, it’s the reason Play-Offs have been introduced to the sport. If clubs could find a way to make every meeting mean as much as a GP Qualifier or Play Off that important there would be bigger crowds.

• Like 1

In a word no, any increase in crowd levels was mainly due to the numbers of kids going, and they got in free. Interesting though that when the promotion push the boat and truly promote a meeting they are usually rewarded with a decent crowd, there`s a lesson there somewhere.

This is a genuine question, which meetings were truly promoted, and what was the resulting increase in numbers?

Aside from FIM and Sky meetings which are anomalous.

• Like 1

Tero Aarnio Steve Worrall Theo Pijper and Rusty Harrison I would imagine will be in contention

I'm all for assessed riders but they need to be half decent

Krcmar the Swede would be a great start

For me the thought of having 2 new riders to British speedway and watching their progress as well as having Ben Barker leading the team is good enough reason to go. For a few meetings with indifferent results with the prospect of an exciting young team for the remaining 20 odd home meetings is a price well worth paying.

I completely agree, Barker as a signing alone is exciting. Watching two new riders is also exciting. There has to be a long-term view with that as they are usually handicapped with an unrealistic average at the start, but again - as you say - get the first 12 meetings out of the way, then you really see them fit into the team. To give one example, I think Palovaara at Glasgow will be one to watch.

Now, where these riders come from, I haven't a clue, and I wouldn't want to be the one having to hunt them out!

Peter had a lot of crackers, but not many can forget Benny!

Tero Aarnio Steve Worrall Theo Pijper and Rusty Harrison I would imagine will be in contention

Is he related to Eduard Krcmar from Czech republic :rofl:

• Like 1

As long as it isn't the aged carthorse from Rye you've been punting on the club all winter!

• Like 1

Great rider I hope we are looking at a GP rider like Jason Bunyan

Do I think he will be an 8 point man again? honestly no?

But he's certain to put a point or two on his average this season.

Decent bloke I think he would be able to help the younger lads which is what it is all about

I mean if people are suggesting Richard Hall why not Jason Bunyan....... absolute lunacy in my opinion

Is he related to Eduard Krcmar from Czech republic :rofl:

He's something special though

Any idea when the rest of team will be announced anyone ?

I should think Barker alone would be enough to attract more through the gate, plus the new young Aussie. It's vital that the Bandits get off to a good start to keep attendances up. Bandits fans are notoriously fickle when the results go against them

Surprised Facundo Albin hasn't popped up in this thread. Wasn't he initially destined for Berwick before team changes and a move to Sheffield?

Surprised Facundo Albin hasn't popped up in this thread. Wasn't he initially destined for Berwick before team changes and a move to Sheffield?

Probably because he's not very good
  • Like 1

Surprised Barker not got EL team yet

Surprised Barker not got EL team yet

I'm not...

Great rider I hope we are looking at a GP rider like Jason Bunyan

I mean if people are suggesting Richard Hall why not Jason Bunyan....... absolute lunacy in my opinion

He's something special though

Well, he'll be 36 by the time the season begins, and if Bunyan ever been up anyplace, he'd have been on a downward spiral for a good few years.........

Your fellow-supporters are talking positively about signing new young and welcoming a brilliant capture in Ben Barker -- what's your agenda?

• Like 1

Well, he'll be 36 by the time the season begins, and if Bunyan ever been up anyplace, he'd have been on a downward spiral for a good few years.........

Your fellow-supporters are talking positively about signing new young and welcoming a brilliant capture in Ben Barker -- what's your agenda?

I don't have agenda I'm offering decent Speedway debate...

I think Ben Barker is a good signing at this stage

Edited by JDoyleSpeedwayChampion