British Speedway Forum

Agree with most of that.

I think you have to agree that the Promotion have worked hard and kept prices comparatively low compared to a lot of other PL tracks.

They ever tried £10 a meeting and it made no difference whatsoever - I still can't figure that one out.

So dropping prices is risky as hell as you can very easily end up losing even more money.

Dropping costs to riders and clubs looks to be imperative to me, as sponsorship in the current climate is very difficult to secure.

I don't know anything about the supporters club changes, other than Lisa's post shed some light on it for me.

But the VIP offering looks to be a reasonable way of offering something extra for fans that want to pay a bit extra for a VIP experience, and purely individual choice, not forced in any way.

It's all a tough one, and I certainly don't have the answers!

I don't follow why certain people chose to pick a fight with the supporters club, from my perspective they have done everything and more to accomodate the demands from the club. The VIP club has the same benefits that the supporters club had previuosly, so other than control I see no benefit to changing anything. The members of the supporters club are the reason why events happen, they are the doers in Berwick, it is the same people that run the dances, the same people who run The Supporters Club Hall of Fame, the same people who oganise the busses for away trips. My understanding is the Supporters Club will continue to organise everything they did before and more, and will still support speedway in Berwick in any way they can. The only difference I can see is, they will make their own decisions they feel are beneficial. Havn't got a clue why they have had to create their own logo, and have to operate wholly without the stadium but hey! if they are still going to do the same good work, then long may they prosper.

Apart from getting discount in the box providef you get 35 people in its the same that supoorters club offered for £10 as you say uts up to the individual

Supporters club is now £5 for adults £2.50 for kids, because all the benefits that were previously given from the Supporters club have been withdrawn.

Worth noting, they are running a bus down to Sheffield for Ricky Ashworths day, £10 for supporters club members £20 for non members.

• Like 2

I think it's time to look at a different way of cutting costs for the club by raising funding in alternative ways, instead of going for the cash strapped fan every time, as has been said, the BSPA as a whole are fundamentally at fault for not coming with a radical new structure in running speedway, with the main aim of cutting costs across the sport. They always come up with a stop gap idea for saving small amounts of money, getting rid of bonus points springs to mind, saves a bit of cash for the club, while at the same time bringing in new rules that significantly increase the cost to the riders, inevitabely this cost will come back onto the clubs in increased point money to cover the cost. Perhaps it's time to go back to the beginning, and simplify the whole sport.

Cost of entry is a hard one to get right, £15 in Edinburgh, Glasgow & Newcastle might be right but could be too expensive for Berwick. Ineresting bit of statistics this week on Berwick, it is the 3 rd highest amount of employed people on minimum wages not attaining 'The Living Wage'. Berwick has been in the bottom 10 lowest paid areas in the UK for a long period now.

While there`s no doubt the BSPA could've done more surely the biggest hike in costs in the last few seasons has been on equipment, titanium parts, silencers etc, that has lead to riders looking for better contracts from the clubs. Non payment of bonus points was a wrong move as it meant team mate racing against team mate as well as the opposition riders, though surely some clubs must pay bonus points still.

Simplifying equipment might be the way forward, Honda did look at that a few seasons ago, but nothing came of it, IMO we need a motorcycle company to mass produce an engine that could be used right across the sport, maybe even to the extent of clubs buying the bikes to supply their riders, sadly that is never likely to see the light of day.

While there`s no doubt the BSPA could've done more surely the biggest hike in costs in the last few seasons has been on equipment, titanium parts, silencers etc, that has lead to riders looking for better contracts from the clubs. Non payment of bonus points was a wrong move as it meant team mate racing against team mate as well as the opposition riders, though surely some clubs must pay bonus points still.

Simplifying equipment might be the way forward, Honda did look at that a few seasons ago, but nothing came of it, IMO we need a motorcycle company to mass produce an engine that could be used right across the sport, maybe even to the extent of clubs buying the bikes to supply their riders, sadly that is never likely to see the light of day.

I don,t know how to copy link, but have a look at F2 Speedway.com

Certainly at PL level there is a case for club racing, all riders riding on the same equipment, now is the time to do it as GM are pretty weel the engine producer in the game, all that has to happen is get rid of after market parts. This could be phased as the engine needs re building can only be replaced with GM parts.

is there something up no comment from mr Anderson got me worried

what about ?!!!

Team signed

Sponsor deal done

Speedway season starting this month

What the f&)k do you want announced now

• Like 2

lol was only asking nea need for that

Allegedly, latest comment is "There`s a poster on BSF who wants a team signed so I signed a team, then they wanted a team sponsor so I got one, all the fixtures are out, press & practice is announced, so all the t`s are crossed and i`s dotted".

What do you want announced now.

• Like 1

Allegedly, latest comment is "There`s a poster on BSF who wants a team signed so I signed a team, then they wanted a team sponsor so I got one, all the fixtures are out, press & practice is announced, so all the t`s are crossed and i`s dotted".

What do you want announced now.

he still not announced what length the grass will be on centre green and how many sugars ben barker takes in his tea I for one won't settle until we know
  • Like 2

he still not announced what length the grass will be on centre green and how many sugars ben barker takes in his tea I for one won't settle until we know

I was at the Berwick Rangers game yesterday, the grass looked fine to me, we must now conduct a thorough investigation into the sugar consumption between the riders, our play-off hopes could depend on it.

Edited by screm
  • Like 1

Did i see on here or somewhere the Supporters Club are running a bus to Sheffield for Rickys meeting ?