British Speedway Forum

There is so much upside to signing a rider like Barker! As well as having a rider who you can back to score at least 10 points a meeting, just about everywhere, he is on a bit of a bargain average 8.91, he can add to that figure. You also have the huge plus of Barker v Stead, Morris, Lawson, Cook around Berwick, and seeing how he deals with those riders around their own track, and of course, the big events like the pairs, 4s and PLRC.

Allen appears to be a talent, is the 3.00 average on the team building thread correct or will he be a 5.00?

And Jorgensen gets around most tracks in the PL quite well.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

Well done to the 'FORUM FANNIES', from the release it appears that you all put pressure on the promotion to release something to stop speculation.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, and LONG LIVE ALL FORUM FANNIES

Top signing in bb

Jury is out on the other two for now

I am pleased about Ben Barker.

Also pleased about Jake Allen it's time for new assets.

Still not sure on Jorgensson, could have spent 7 on a new asset, instead of a loan transfer,

But hey ho!, a good start in general

• Like 2

a lot of fans arnt in the elite circle of friend with the management team . looks like you are , lol.

There is so much upside to signing a rider like Barker! As well as having a rider who you can back to score at least 10 points a meeting, just about everywhere, he is on a bit of a bargain average 8.91, he can add to that figure. You also have the huge plus of Barker v Stead, Morris, Lawson, Cook around Berwick, and seeing how he deals with those riders around their own track, and of course, the big events like the pairs, 4s and PLRC.

Allen appears to be a talent, is the 3.00 average on the team building thread correct or will he be a 5.00?

He was announced on a 5 assessed average

The wording of some Press releases could be better,but at least we have made a decent start to Team building .would like to see Vissing back though that would sort out our home form.

Wonder if theyll sign another aussie pal for jake, taylor poole, kyle howarth maybe?

He isn’t from Oz (although they seem to have adopted him) but Howarth would be more than welcome at Berwick!

Still not sure on Jorgensson, could have spent 7 on a new asset, instead of a loan transfer,

Do you not think 2 new assets is a bit of risk in terms of league position?

I don't really have an opinion either way. I guess it probably depends on the quality of the new asset, and a number of other things us mere mortals don't think about.

Do you not think 2 new assets is a bit of risk in terms of league position?

I don't really have an opinion either way. I guess it probably depends on the quality of the new asset, and a number of other things us mere mortals don't think about.

Depends who the new asset is Scott, the club has to move on, they seriously need bums on seats, so playing it safe doesn't go down well. Although last years team did well, i didn't get excited from it.

I think if we are to have a team capable of making the play offs we need to sign a quality second heat leader to back Barker up in the big heats.

I think if we are to have a team capable of making the play offs we need to sign a quality second heat leader to back Barker up in the big heats.

Doolan

Doolan

Four or five years ago maybe I would have him back though as the third heat leader in the number 3 spot he showed us he's still got it at the back end of last season.

I think Barker is a superb signing, no doubt about it, credit where credit is due, he is box office at Berwick and I look forward to watching him as much as possible.

When I first heard about Allen a few weeks ago I was sceptical, but the more research I've done on him and his impressive scores over the past few Aus meetings, theres a fair chance he might just be pretty decent. Assuming initially he will struggle and go to reserve, which is going to put the pressure on Edberg so hopefully he can step up.

For me Jorgensen is a massive gamble on that ave, I personally would have taken Vissing back, but I hope its a gamble that pays dividends. With Kus, Doolan and Edberg the next 3 , we have about 3 something left for the final reserve spot, its a shame we couldnt have signed Sargeant.

Whether we are brilliant or garbage this year, I am pleased we have Barker to watch, a joy to watch at Berwick when the track is right, I remember a few seasons back him being on Complins exhaust for 4 laps when nobody got near Complin if he was out front, will be interesting to see if there is an increase in shale on the track or not. Looking forward to seeing Barker being that big no1 and hopefully dealing with the vast majority of visiting no1's. Good start.

I would take Rob Branford as the other 3 pointer.

Barker is a good signing for any team.

Whatever people think of him off the track - and there is no doubt he divides opinion - he is great value when it comes to entertainment.

• Like 1

Well done to the 'FORUM FANNIES', from the release it appears that you all put pressure on the promotion to release something to stop speculation.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, and LONG LIVE ALL FORUM FANNIES

Does this mean no claus vissing?

You should read your Speedway Star over past weeks to see about Jake Allen. A very impressive winter so far and in the mould of top young Aussies from that part of world aka Morris, Douglas etc. Plus an asset to Berwick and it might put a smile on your face later although I doubt it. You cant expect these young lads to be instant hits over hear but much better than bringing in a more experienced 5 pointer from another track?

I use speedway results its more in depth and it's free

I'm just a realist the jury it out for me on two of the 3 new signings

Edited by JDoyleSpeedwayChampion