British Speedway Forum

Let settle with Barker, Jorgensen, Vissing, Doolan, Thomsen, Edgerg and Halsey.

Top five should be a match for most

Would that fit?

If so, then that is potentially a decent team.

• Like 1

I look forward to battling Rye House and Scunny for the wooden spoon this year.

Only one winner there. Congratulations

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Something in the back of my mind, about the visa stipulations. Does an assessed rider on a 7 average from without the EU, have to maintain the 7 average to be granted a visa for the following season.

This was certainly the case until at least 2009 and the rules for that year are still on the BSPA site. As an alternative, a rider needed to satisfy the state championship or professional league average criteria. I think adherence to this rule has 'drifted' in recent years along with ignoring the correct assessed averages. It's no wonder that V&I/UKBA are starting to get heavy. It's also interesting, after the way last season's problems were dealt with, that the BSPA is one of only 4 of the 60 listed governing bodies that are only allowed to endorse applicants for Tier 2 visas and not Tier 5 as all the others are.

With points to spare Scotty lad

I'd be happy with a team like that, would you?

Let settle with Barker, Jorgensen, Vissing, Doolan, Thomsen, Edgerg and Halsey.

Top five should be a match for most

It looks good but going on averages is 42.52, .02 too high. (8.91, 7.09, 7.09, 6.91, 5.68, 3.84 3.00)

This was certainly the case until at least 2009 and the rules for that year are still on the BSPA site. As an alternative, a rider needed to satisfy the state championship or professional league average criteria. I think adherence to this rule has 'drifted' in recent years along with ignoring the correct assessed averages. It's no wonder that V&I/UKBA are starting to get heavy. It's also interesting, after the way last season's problems were dealt with, that the BSPA is one of only 4 of the 60 listed governing bodies that are only allowed to endorse applicants for Tier 2 visas and not Tier 5 as all the others are.

I personally dont think that the Border Agency are that interested in averages. They are more interested in qualifying criteria i.e. state championships. Was the 7pt assessed avg set when bonus points were included?

• Like 1

So, is that rule still in place as part of the visa stipulation, and, or are the BSPA just ignoring it.

Not for something like twenty years....

and you know this, how?

Had to come back to your reply, as I havn't been involved in speedway for 20 years, probably about 15 years, as I am a biker and generally we are not into speedway, shock horror. So the above answer helps a lot, as it is within the last 5 years,

To your 2nd point it was in the rules

Edited by TOURETTES

I personally dont think that the Border Agency are that interested in averages. They are more interested in qualifying criteria i.e. state championships. Was the 7pt assessed avg set when bonus points were included?

They used to publish their requirements, including averages, on their website, as agreed with the BSPA, SCB & SRA. I don't remember when bonus points were dropped from average calculations but see the figures below.

So, is that rule still in place as part of the visa stipulation, and, or are the BSPA just ignoring it.

I think 2009 is the last time the details were published and I'd imagine that similar rules still apply, but unfortunately they're no longer listed as part of the visa regulations.

Previous season averages required by returning work permit riders;

EL            PL
1999                 5.0           6.5
2001-5               5.0           8.0
2006                 4.5           7.0
2009                 4.0           7.0
Edited by Alan_Jones

They used to publish their requirements, including averages, on their website, as agreed with the BSPA, SCB & SRA. I don't remember when bonus points were dropped from average calculations but see the figures below.

I think 2009 is the last time the details were published and I'd imagine that similar rules still apply, but unfortunately they're no longer listed as part of the visa regulations.

Previous season averages required by returning work permit riders;

EL            PL
1999                 5.0           6.5
2001-5               5.0           8.0
2006                 4.5           7.0
2009                 4.0           7.0

Thank you for your effort, much appreciated.. I do remember Chris Kerr having a problem.

I'm sure when Mitch Davey was over here the first time around he said towards the end of his second season that he wouldn't be back the next season as he had not reached the required average to allow him to come back over , had to stay at home in Oz the next year and miss a season then come back over next again