British Speedway Forum
Arson fire

Newcastle 2015

Totally agree that some get in for 'fresh air' but many more are 'earning' an entry by doing the hands on dirty jobs which allow the sport to continue on Tyneside. Sheaters, flaggers, graders, even marshals are there are a valid reason, not to mention the poor sods who scrape the adverts clean between heats. The whingers who complain about a 'clique' controlling the club would I suppose vent their anger on another sport following our demise. SHAME ON YOU.

pissed posting... Its the future :)

Dont you think those that have the audacity to moan have done all the dirty jobs over the years also? Just a thought :)

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

My post was purely meant in defence of all those people without whose work the seven guys in Kevlar would not be needed. I know too many people who have eyes only for the riders and see the rest as nothing more than the person who sweeps the factory floor.

• Like 3

My post was purely meant in defence of all those people without whose work the seven guys in Kevlar would not be needed. I know too many people who have eyes only for the riders and see the rest as nothing more than the person who sweeps the factory floor.

agree 100%

Still waiting for an answer as to why it's Shame on me unless I'm reading your post wrong. Just to put the record straight I totally agree that there are many many people who without their hard work there would be no speedway.

• Like 1

Still waiting for an answer as to why it's Shame on me unless I'm reading your post wrong. Just to put the record straight I totally agree that there are many many people who without their hard work there would be no speedway.

Many who do the work for FREE and for the pure love of Speedway.

The ones who do 'nowt' and get in for nothing though is another matter.

• Like 4

Shame on me? How do you work that one out?

Sorry about that. I quoted you in a semi drunken haze. I would guess we have similar views re. the hangers on, but somehow read your post as in their defence.

Richie {no Hawkins, not Worrall-mores the pity}dropped by Ipswich. Can anyone see an opening at Brough for this lad?

Richie {no Hawkins, not Worrall-mores the pity}dropped by Ipswich. Can anyone see an opening at Brough for this lad?

I thought we were looking to strengthen the team,,, Ritchie has been around some time now and, never really set the world alight ;-)

I thought we were looking to strengthen the team,,, Ritchie has been around some time now and, never really set the world alight ;-)

Got to agree.

New Averages (from 1st July) are: Stevie 7.43, Ludvig 7.32, Lewi K 7.06, Anton 6.07, Christian 5.07, Simon 3.82 and Lewis R 3.67. Total 40.44.

Got to agree.

New Averages (from 1st July) are: Stevie 7.43, Ludvig 7.32, Lewi K 7.06, Anton 6.07, Christian 5.07, Simon 3.82 and Lewis R 3.67. Total 40.44.

so, lots of permutations available, with just over 2 pts to play with :-)

Neither had Chris Mills but he did a job for us and Richie seemed to also as a guest?

Neither had Chris Mills but he did a job for us and Richie seemed to also as a guest?

yeah agreed,,, but Ritchies new ave. is 3.56, which looks like a step backwards (our lowest is 3.67),,, so unless there was multiple changes I couldn't see any potential benefit :-)

• Like 1

How about everyone who wants to be in the pits has to have a pass? Riders, 1 mechanic and anyone directly involved in the running of the meeting (medical personnel, track staff, machine examiners etc.) get in free, everyone else pays £100 for a season long pass? This will find out who really wants to be there, and if they don't come, no loss, they weren't paying anyway.

• Like 3