British Speedway Forum

Leigh's average for the season unfortunately tells the story.

And certainly a no-no on the Hall front from me

Edited by DAVEK

Lanham, not in a million years, you must have a short memory if you've forgotten how poor he was all the way through the season.

So who would you suggest as a strong reserve to partner Bates?

Edited by Friddy75

On that average certainly would not rule out Big Leigh for next season, but for me it would have to;be at reserve.

A run at reserve could just be what the doctor ordered for Big Leigh.

• Like 1

Think the following team would be great to watch and hard to beat at home. If it fits...

Stead

Compton

Wolbert / Bellego

Poole

Proctor

Roynon / Covatti

Bates

Think the following team would be great to watch and hard to beat at home. If it fits...

Stead

Compton

Wolbert / Bellego

Poole

Proctor

Roynon / Covatti

Bates

Not even considered Adam Roynon, but looking at his finishing average he is a steal.

Not sure how he would feel about coming back after been dropped this season, but for me if we can get him at reserve he would fly.

Team for me

Stead

Birks

Wolbert

Poole

Proctor

Roynon

Bates

Comes in at 42.46.

Edited by spin king
  • Like 2

Latest Green Sheet averages from 01/10/2014.

S.Stead 9.96

T.Poole 6.05

A.Compton 5.59

B.Wilson 5.03

L.Lanham 4.96

N.Covatti 4.21

J.Bates 3.53

T.Proctor 6.27

Can see Nico being popular for 2015 line-ups, as long as he stops using Alfie Flowers engines in the UK.

:D

Not even considered Adam Roynon, but looking at his finishing average he is a steal.

Not sure how he would feel about coming back after been dropped this season, but for me if we can get him at reserve he would fly.

Team for me

Stead

Birks

Wolbert

Poole

Proctor

Roynon

Bates

Comes in at 42.46.

Got to be Bellego, surely ?

That performance the other week for Berwick was amazing and the most impressive I have seen from an away rider all season.

Team for me

Stead

Birks

Wolbert

Poole

Proctor

Roynon

Bates

Comes in at 42.46.

Bellego for wolbert or proctor if it fits for me would be good .

Got to be Bellego, surely ?

That performance the other week for Berwick was amazing and the most impressive I have seen from an away rider all season.

Exciting and flamboyant to watch.

Thanks but no thanks.

Has an away average last season of 5.44 without bonus points.

Take put his two Sheffield performances it then drops to 4.70.

What can't speak can't lie.

He is a Richard Hall with an exotic surname.

• Like 2

Exciting and flamboyant to watch.

Thanks but no thanks.

Has an away average last season of 5.44 without bonus points.

Take put his two Sheffield performances it then drops to 4.70.

What can't speak can't lie.

He is a Richard Hall with an exotic surname.

According to the Scunny website, Ash Birks away average is 5.18 including bonus points.

I think Sheffield need to build a side next season that makes winning at home a priority.

He wasn't just exciting to watch that night (and, to be fair it was only one night) he was simply brilliant.

• Like 1

According to the Scunny website, Ash Birks away average is 5.18 including bonus points.

I think Sheffield need to build a side next season that makes winning at home a priority.

He wasn't just exciting to watch that night (and, to be fair it was only one night) he was simply brilliant.

Both meetings this season at Sheffield he was superb, its those other performance at other away tracks that puts me off.

Both meetings this season at Sheffield he was superb, its those other performance at other away tracks that puts me off.

His meetings at the smaller tracks will have had a big effect on his average. .. Edinburgh, Newcastle, Rye House... like most of our team, he was better off not turning up :shock:

His meetings at the smaller tracks will have had a big effect on his average. .. Edinburgh, Newcastle, Rye House... like most of our team, he was better off not turning up :shock:

Add Plymouth and Ipswich to the list as well.

To be fair David Bellego has a wicked riding style which suits the Sheffield track, reminds me so much of Richard Hall who equally is exciting and enjoyable around Sheffield.

But like Richard there is question marks when he goes to the smaller tracks.

Halifax is correct when he says that the main aim for Sheffield to get back to Fortress Owlerton and win home meetings, but I think there are other riders out there who maybe ride Sheffield well but offer more when we go on our travels.