British Speedway Forum

His meetings at the smaller tracks will have had a big effect on his average. .. Edinburgh, Newcastle, Rye House... like most of our team, he was better off not turning up :shock:

I am a big fan of David and he is a talent but I think when he goes to these small tracks if he has a bad ride he tends to throw the towel in,IMO his priorities are not in British Speedway .He gets himself very wound up if he has a bad ride,I think he now realises that missing the gate at Berwick means bursting a gut for little reward 90% of the time and rides with his head and not his heart.Continental track suit his style down to the ground as do most big tracks in UK.He has a touch of class though .

Add Plymouth and Ipswich to the list as well.

To be fair David Bellego has a wicked riding style which suits the Sheffield track, reminds me so much of Richard Hall who equally is exciting and enjoyable around Sheffield.

But like Richard there is question marks when he goes to the smaller tracks.

Halifax is correct when he says that the main aim for Sheffield to get back to Fortress Owlerton and win home meetings, but I think there are other riders out there who maybe ride Sheffield well but offer more when we go on our travels.

I know theory and practice don't always go hand in hand but doesn't it follow that for a given points limit riders who are not so strong on the road will be better around their home track. Should this not be considered when planning fortress Owlerton?

If we're going for fortress owlerton shouldn't Richard Halls name be next on the list after Steady, especially as he may start at reserve?

Surely Hall as a reserve is a no brainer. Two points gained straight away without trying

Surely Hall as a reserve is a no brainer. Two points gained straight away without trying

And even more points lost away from home with trying

• Like 1

And even more points lost away from home with trying

He'd be in the main team in no time though, as SCB says it's 2 points gained straight away. Seems silly to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Edited by RocketBen1

Is the priority then to win every thursday and provide some exciting racing. I seem to recollect around the time that Reg Wilson left his team managers role that there were changes made to improve the away performance. The result was, away performance no change, home performance, down the pan. We've never recovered.

I have heard Lanham would prefer a return to Ipswich for next season and I think Bates would benefit from riding somewhere else , as for Hall and Covatti no thanks.

Edited by OILYRAG

Well its that time of season where I come back to life again !

Agree with previous posts, Not so sure about Hall returning, even if it is at reserve.

Josh Bates may benefit from a change of track for the coming season.

Retain Simon Stead.

Not too sure about A Compton as the nasty crash may have knocked his confidence, which is a shame as he was flying before that.

Very keen to see who the new blood is !

Think the promotion will want to build a strong lineup, that will batter teams on home shale.

just throwing it out there....... Anton Rosen ?

Agree with previous posts, Not so sure about Hall returning, even if it is at reserve.

Retain Simon Stead.

Not too sure about A Compton as the nasty crash may have knocked his confidence, which is a shame as he was flying before that.

Think the promotion will want to build a strong lineup, that will batter teams on home shale.

David Bellego

Retain Simon Stead.

Thomas Jorgensen

• Like 1