British Speedway Forum

I know off one club who won't.

He'd be worth keeping after taking the pain this season and would be a strong No2, no doubt to support another lame duck at 1!

• Like 2

From Dry House would seem that Bunyan is moving to a bigger track, on a very dubious low average, scored 16 guesting for Tigers at Workington, then immediately finished the season with a non Speedway injury, always scores well at Sheffield, and will easily put 2-3 points on his average, wanted a move earlier in the season, but was stopped by Silver.

From Dry House would seem that Bunyan is moving to a bigger track, on a very dubious low average, scored 16 guesting for Tigers at Workington, then immediately finished the season with a non Speedway injury, always scores well at Sheffield, and will easily put 2-3 points on his average, wanted a move earlier in the season, but was stopped by Silver.

Might replace Compton don't think he will be back after that nasty accident and who could blame him at his age with nothing to prove either .

Not sure on averages etc, but the sheffield promotion should be looking to keep Stead, Poole, Bates and Nico (depending on average). Lanham, wilson and compton are decent'ish riders but if they are to improve on this season they need to be looking at better. Certainly think the promotion will do well with team selection with a full winter behind them.

I too have a feeling that Sheffield will be in the elite league in 2015 with Steady and bates at reserve. I hear as well that the lighting is being upgraded at Owlerton in the winter to make it better for Live TV have a look next Tuesday at the Greyjounds and you will see what I mean

Please god, don't go Elite! We'll be without a club within a year - a year of us having to watch teams made up of national league riders and guests for team members riding elsewhere (think how annoying it was for Proctor to be missing meetings this year). Premier league is where the smart money should stay

• Like 6

Totally agree regarding the Elite league, not yet anyway.

If the club can generate the cash needed to compete, in the elite league along with the promotions budget, why not use that funding to get the best the premier can offer, obviously whithin the averages, then go out a completely dominate the league.

Edited by Dcb7
  • Like 1

I too have a feeling that Sheffield will be in the elite league in 2015 with Steady and bates at reserve. I hear as well that the lighting is being upgraded at Owlerton in the winter to make it better for Live TV have a look next Tuesday at the Greyjounds and you will see what I mean

Stead reserve? Elite League? Good Luck with that.

I can't see Sheffield going Elite League next year.. in a few years time maybe.. if there is such a thing by then!

Edited by Hel'n'Back

Stead 9:34

Birks 5:65

Wolbert 5:86

Lanham 6:27

Proctor 6:29

Poole 5:30

Bates 3:45 42:26

We'd start with Poole at reserve. Any rider from 2-6 could get a stint at reserve throughout the season. Strong enough side to cover for injury and R/R.

And also bring Screeny back!

Swap Garrity for Lanham, if that would fit, and I'd be happy with Friddy's team.

Sorry but Lanham is a definite no for me, he's been a good rider in the past but is too long in the tooth now.

• Like 1

Doubt we'll go anywhere near the Elite League in it's current form. It's financial suicide, just look at Birmingham.

Edited by Tigerite

Doubt we'll go anywhere near the Elite League in it's current form. It's financial suicide, just look at Birmingham.

And not forgetting Eastbourne...

What people are missing with the Elite League is the fact that Dave Allen owner of Owlerton wants his stadium on TV a lot more and us in Elite League will do that for him.
Plus our promotion have ambition and we have a great set of fans and a lot of them when the product is right.

If stay Premier League I would start with Stead of course at 1 and then stick Ben Wilson and Josh Bates at reserve !

who`s to say that it wont be one big league next season?

Eastbourne already dropped out of the elite for 2015, and we don't know if the points limit will stay the same, if it does I think a promising side would be -

1. stead

2. poole

3. wells (prepares to be shot down)

4. wolbert

5 proctor

6. Wilson

7. bates

think we have seen the last of andre on a racetrack now.

Edited by romans lovechild