Lambert 8.56

Garrity 8.12

Compton 6.70

Bellego 5.85

Castagna 5.00

Bates 4.80

That's 39.03 at today's money.

Plus a 3 pointer.

Dunno what the averages will look like next week though.

Get that 6 with Zach from Birmingham and its a tasty looking team imo!

Edited by SCB

I remember going to Sheffield in 1970 when they were a top=flight team. I don't know if the track shape/length is still the same, but 60 seconds for 4 laps in a 2nd. division meeting seems much faster than the top boys back then.

I remember going to Sheffield in 1970 when they were a top=flight team. I don't know if the track shape/length is still the same, but 60 seconds for 4 laps in a 2nd. division meeting seems much faster than the top boys back then.

Craig Cook clocked 59.9 tonight, not quite the track record which is still held by Ricky Ashworth at 59.1.

The new lights are bright!

a_zpsdobippnf.jpg

b_zps48azv4ql.jpg

Track record in 1970 was 67.2 held by Jim Airey.

It isn't faster when you look at the track records in more detail.

As Andrew has said, the track record in 1970 was 67.2. At the end of 1988, after which Sheffield closed for a couple of seasons, it was 60.7, held by Chris Morton. So that's a reduction of 6.5 seconds over 18 seasons.

After the reopening in 1991, this record did not go until July 1998 when Carl Stonehewer reduced it to 60.6. So, bearing in mind the current record is 59.1, that's only a reduction of 1.6 over approximately 25 seasons, and Ricky's record is almost 5 years old now.

Thanks for that. There is a perception that the bikes are much faster now than in the past, but it would seem only if compared to 40/50 years ago.

Pure conjecture I know, but I wonder what the West Ham track record would be today if Custom House was still running. From memory I think it was around 70 seconds in 1970 but I could have that wrong.

It isn't faster when you look at the track records in more detail.

As Andrew has said, the track record in 1970 was 67.2. At the end of 1988, after which Sheffield closed for a couple of seasons, it was 60.7, held by Chris Morton. So that's a reduction of 6.5 seconds over 18 seasons.

After the reopening in 1991, this record did not go until July 1998 when Carl Stonehewer reduced it to 60.6. So, bearing in mind the current record is 59.1, that's only a reduction of 1.6 over approximately 25 seasons, and Ricky's record is almost 5 years old now.

Put some dirt on the track like 5 years ago and a decent rider like Cook or Kurtz round Sheffield will break the track record,similar to what Cook done at Berwick on Sat,the downside half the other riders can't handle it or will want to go home!!!
  • Like 2

Put some dirt on the track like 5 years ago and a decent rider like Cook or Kurtz round Sheffield will break the track record,similar to what Cook done at Berwick on Sat,the downside half the other riders can't handle it or will want to go home!!!

So that is why the crowds are up at Sheffield.

We have got them coming down from Berwick every week.

That is a wonderful commitment from someone who supports another team.

So that is why the crowds are up at Sheffield.

We have got them coming down from Berwick every week.

That is a wonderful commitment from someone who supports another team.

?

?

You must have been there last night, and most of the Sheffield meetings to know how the track was prepared in previous meetings.

• Like 1

Interesting team moves afoot by the look of it.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/other-sports/speedway/speedway-you-re-fighting-for-your-places-sheffield-tigers-stars-are-told-1-7422672

Really is very good to see such a proactive promotion.

Every injury has resulted in replacements that maintain a strong play off challenge.

The guest choices have generally been inspired and clearly not deterred by the high cost of guest riders demands as previous promotion.

Really enjoyable 2015 Speedway season and by the looks of it no intention to go out meekly in the play offs.

• Like 1

andre practised at scunny last night so he's definately expecting the call

Could even keep Klindt and add Lanham if Lambert not in.

Garrity / Klindt / Compton / Bellago / Lanham / Castagna / Bates