British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf1 - Coventry Vs Swindon, Monday 29 September

Because that it was like when they beat us recently & they might think it would be to their advantage. Just like the blue strip around your track. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No blue strips these days, well i suppose it depends which clubs you go to!!

Track was ok when Poole were there, can't imagine your riders having a problem with a ploughed field, could work against them if they did that.

• Like 1

Potential added spice to the meeting on Monday following the Nathan Grieves / James Sarjeant major disturbances at the Storm meeting tonight.

that is unless a ban to one or both does not come about beforehand.

seconds out, round 2. (Ding )

Given the goings on at Coventry last night, let's hope it doesn't spill over into the semi final.

I'm not a great fan of instant justice, preferring evidence to be gathered and considered first BUT in this case I can see a case for the authorities getting a move on. Altho reading that the police may be involved I suppose they cannot.

Very awkward really, if they suspend all those involved in the interim it would certainly weaken Coventry the most IMHO as Greaves would be far more easily replaced at Brandon than Sergeant. It would be unfair all round if it's later found that Sergeant is innocent (or more innocent if you get my drift.) which from reports I've read could well be the case. If they don't suspend them and it kicks off in the semi the authorities will be slated anyway.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

Wonder if Rosco has been on the phone to Max Clegg to be on standby ?

• Like 1

Given the goings on at Coventry last night, let's hope it doesn't spill over into the semi final.

I'm not a great fan of instant justice, preferring evidence to be gathered and considered first BUT in this case I can see a case for the authorities getting a move on. Altho reading that the police may be involved I suppose they cannot.

Very awkward really, if they suspend all those involved in the interim it would certainly weaken Coventry the most IMHO as Greaves would be far more easily replaced at Brandon than Sergeant. It would be unfair all round if it's later found that Sergeant is innocent (or more innocent if you get my drift.) which from reports I've read could well be the case. If they don't suspend them and it kicks off in the semi the authorities will be slated anyway.

From what I read Sargeant started it - so how does that make him more innocent? Because he got more than he expected?

I don't condone violence but clearly both played a part and should be equally punished!

From what I read Sargeant started it - so how does that make him more innocent? Because he got more than he expected?

I don't condone violence but clearly both played a part and should be equally punished!

If we banned every rider involved in an on track confrontation then both teams would be looking for 2 new riders as Hansen and North had handbags a few weeks ago.

Riders should be allowed to beat the crap out of each other if they like. What is bad and should not happen is hangers on, mechanics etc getting involved. Or riders getting involved with fans.

Edited by SCB

On track fisticuffs is one thing. Going into the crowd is another, and should never happen.

It may be both were equally to blame for the on track antics but only one went into the crowd and from reports in a threatening manner.

That's my reasoning for degrees of innocence.

Lets be honest, this isn't going to change anything come Monday, it wont add an extra spice to the meeting.

On track fisticuffs is one thing. Going into the crowd is another, and should never happen.

It may be both were equally to blame for the on track antics but only one went into the crowd and from reports in a threatening manner.

That's my reasoning for degrees of innocence.

Oh yes - a 16 year old lad of his size can be very scary! :rolleyes: There is no degree of innocence - if they were both involved both are guilty - unless one was defending theirselves - but didn't sound like that in reports.

Lets be honest, this isn't going to change anything come Monday, it wont add an extra spice to the meeting.

It could if both are banned! Greaves won't score much anyway but it would weaken Bees!

• Like 2

Oh yes - a 16 year old lad of his size can be very scary! :rolleyes: There is no degree of innocence - if they were both involved both are guilty - unless one was defending theirselves - but didn't sound like that in reports.

It could if both are banned! Greaves won't score much anyway but it would weaken Bees!

Cant see them being banned, will be something like pending further investigations and delay decision. Also would require the BSPA working weekends.

Edited by Panthers89

Age does not come into it, anyone bigger than a child can be scary to that child or even to a woman but that's not the point. The point is they were NOT both involved in going amongst the crowd.

I'm a neutral and have explained my reasoning. If you don't agree with it fine.

Maybe I should have used the phrase degrees of guilt, would that be more to your taste :P

I do agree with you that if both were banned/suspended it would hit Coventry harder.

Edited by Star Lady

Probably wise for both young and old grieves not venture into the CV postcode area come Monday - more so the old git who should have known better last night and guided as a "true" dad rather than as an (alleged ) thug.

If I was a swindon fan then I would be hoping Greaves gets a ban when you look at his recent scores