British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

I would hate to be management.

You get moaned at if you put together an average team.

You bring in an exciting new teenage New Zealander to compliment your team of new and young Brits to reliable experienced ones and that's wrong!

Another British lad dropped, very poor Eastbourne

Agree. A NL team dropping a British lad to fit in a foreigner....disgraceful from Eastbourne.

• Like 2

OK, I will ask the obvious question that no-one else has..........How can he ride in the NL when it is for Brits only and no, repeat no, none Brits allowed. If he has competed in the NZ Nationals and is a New Zealander how is he eligible? Can someone please put my question to bed pretty quick!

• Like 1

He's either a Brit and as so eligible for a 3 point average or he's a New Zealander and therefore not eligible to race in the NL full stop.

• Like 1

OK, I will ask the obvious question that no-one else has..........How can he ride in the NL when it is for Brits only and no, repeat no, none Brits allowed. If he has competed in the NZ Nationals and is a New Zealander how is he eligible? Can someone please put my question to bed pretty quick!

That's been asked in several other places and no-one seems to have given a definitive answer yet that I have seen, it's just assumed that his parents or grandparents are British hence making him eligible to ride. Though what has been said is he is a 5.00 as he has ridden in state championships (NZ U21s) but not the NZ national championship, whereas essentially if he hadn't have ridden in that meeting(s) he would have been a 3.00. That's my understanding anyway.

He's either a Brit and as so eligible for a 3 point average or he's a New Zealander and therefore not eligible to race in the NL full stop.

Thanks Rocket.

Exactly

That's been asked in several other places and no-one seems to have given a definitive answer yet that I have seen, it's just assumed that his parents or grandparents are British hence making him eligible to ride. Though what has been said is he is a 5.00 as he has ridden in state championships (NZ U21s) but not the NZ national championship, whereas essentially if he hadn't have ridden in that meeting(s) he would have been a 3.00. That's my understanding anyway.

Thanks Islander.
  • Like 1

Championship experience is immaterial, riders who qualify for the NL by patriality are automatically a 5.

I would hate to be management.

You get moaned at if you put together an average team.

You bring in an exciting new teenage New Zealander to compliment your team of new and young Brits to reliable experienced ones and that's wrong!

Because the lad is getting himself sorted for new season, will have sorted sponsors etc Happy he has a team and then all of a sudden nothing.

No rider will want to ride for Eastbourne if they treat riders like that.

Don't confirm your team and then change it right on eve of season, once declared that should be it !

• Like 4

I do not understand 2 things,

1) How come that article about the NZL lad is dated 10 December 2014 and nothing has been said ?

2) I thought it was the `National Development League and not the `International Development League ?

• Like 2

Whos going to pay for the Eagles style Kevlars hes having made? Not to mention matching bike covers and guards.

Doesn't just let down the rider, but sponsors as well.

I agree with whoswinnin86.

NL is for young Brits,not some Johnny foreigner to get in via a loophole.

• Like 7

ROB BRANDFORD, CAMERON HEEPS, JAY HERNE, LEE HERNE, DAKOTA NORTH, TAYLOR POOLE

All the riders have come through the ranks using the so called loop hole in NL.

MDL states that only British Passport Holders can ride. (No Loophole)

19.9.2.5 All Riders must hold a UK Passport or have UK Patriality.

19.8.1 Riders new to National League racing will be given an assessed MA of 3.00

19.8.1.1 Riders qualifying by UK Patriality will be given an assessed MA of 5.00

Yes I understand that is disappointing for Brendon but this is speedway other teams have done it in the past, Jim Lynch made a mistake and named a team a few years ago and had to change it at the last minute. I cant wait to see the young Lad race at Arlington and I cant wait for the season to start, I was worried that the team was a bit soft but now I can see that the management have come out with all guns blazing and want to win!

could the problem be thou that in the future he decides to ride for gb which makes him a brit which makes him ok for the nl. just a thought

• Like 1

When SCB asked if Brendan was actually one of the most liked speedway riders, I think you only need to look at his tow witter or Facebook today to see that he is.